Inquiry: Living Earth Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
solenoglyph
Inquiry: Living Earth Reptiles

Has anyone dealt with or know Living Earth Reptiles - Adam Stewart - located in South Carolina? Thanks.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #2
SPJ
I'm wondering too.

Anyone done business with them? They have an animal on KS right now that I wan't to snatch up immediately if they are good to deal with.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
idioteque4444
I've known Adam for over a year now. And have done some business with him. Some of his prices are high, but you get rare quality animals from him. He's an honest person to deal with. Very passionate about what he does, sometimes a little too passionate. I'd recommend him to anyone looking to purchase an animal from him. I've been to his shop in Belton, S.C. several times. His shop is full of healthy animals.

SAL RICCO @ WNCHerps
www.imageevent.com/wncherps

Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
SPJ
Thanks. What he has that I am interested in is at times rather difficult to locate. I responded to his ad. The price he listed seems very fair to me.
Hopefully all will work out good.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
garrick
I happened to be driving between Anderson and Honea Path, SC last week. I saw his store along the road and had half an hour to kill, so I stopped in.

All his animals are very healthy and well-cared for, and I saw some beautifully colored rhino vipers. The female had orange on her that I've never seen.
I also watched two rattlers mate.

Even his tarantulas are in excellent shape, living in "pet" conditions- a rarity among reptiles sellers.

He talked to me a lot about his business practices. He quarantines what he brings in for a while, has solid knowledge of what he keeps, and every animal is housed and cared for like each one is his sole personal pet.

I wish I had room to pick up something, as I certainly would have.

Garrick O'Dell
http://www.eightlegs.org

Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
DThomas
Here is an interesting story on Adam. Illegally collected and smuggled animals and selling an illegally collected Gila Monster as CBB. The link will open a pdf.

Story

Old 10-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
Starrett
All interested in Adam Stewart/Living Earth Reptiles should check out the latest Sonoran Herpetologist online (vol.20 no.10) published by Tucson Herpetological Sociey. Interesting reading... I don't know Stewart, and others mentioned, but this article is a must-read for those considering dealing w/ Stewart.