Bad Guy MarinaAlexis Zermeno AKA mazermeno1 of Houston TX - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
airtight_python
MarinaAlexis Zermeno AKA mazermeno1 of Houston TX

Marina Zermeno demonstrates poor seller etiquette. I purchased a snake from Marina through PayPal... instead of receiving the snake I received refund without ever being contacted first.

As I waited on her to notify me of shipment, I received a PayPal refund instead. I asked her why and the claim was that the snake bit her and that she was only doing what was in the best interest of her customer, because she claimed it was docile in the ad, she couldn't sell a snake that bites to me.

I told her I didn't mind a snake that bites and that I would love to have it anyway and that I would resend payment. Her next excuse was that the "mister connected to her tank burned out" and it had caught a respiratory infection. She said the snake would "be put back up for sale next week hopefully."

I say, if someone privately offered her more money after my purchase and payment then it would be in a 'customers best interest' to tell the truth.

Not trustworthy.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
airtight_python
I'm Brandon A. Ripple of Winters, TX.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Willow
Thats quiet a big assumption that she got offered more and sold out from under you.

More info on this is needed.....do you have emails from the transaction you can post?

Tho I agree it seems odd and she should have informed you she was sending you a refund, I'm not sure if a Bad Guy thread was really needed....

maybe an info thread...

Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
airtight_python
You are right, the last statement I made is only an assumption. But only a big one to quite gullible individuals.

Perhaps it would have been more kindly of me to make it an info thread. Only, I shared my experience which I feel was negative. Mileage may vary.

I will definately apologize and retract the feedback if someone can offer authentic proof that I am wrong and that the snake is still in her posession and is indeed being treated for an RI. Perhaps the invoice from the trip to the vet she mentioned in our correspondence or a dated photo of the snake?

Received a better offer? Ok. Didn't want to sell me the snake 'cause I look funny? Ok. Changed her mind entirely mid transaction for any reason? Ok.... One just shouldn't beat around the bush in an attempt not to anger someone else, or whatever it may have been.

If I hadn't removed her from facebook I wonder what the next reply would have said...
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #5
mazermeno1
wow are you serious?
I still have her and i told you that I would get back with you when she's in perfect health! When i said "back up for sale" i meant when shes available to sell again. Which would have been to you. but NOT ANYMORE!
To everyone who has replied to this post. This guy is (sorry for the language) an idiot. why would he pay $170 for a snake with a respiratory infection? If it were to die then it would be on me. I don't sell sick animals and i never will. No one has offered me a higher offer. I haven't even posted it on Fauna anymore. She's on her antibiotics right now. She will not be sold to you now. Get off fauna!! People like you ruin other people's reputations. I could care less though because I have hundreds of people that buy from me.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
Revolution1221
I agree an informative thread would have been much more suiting. This person has not actually wronged you in any way. ie. stolen money sent you a sick or dead animal. It would also seem that you did not wait for all the information or wait to see next week if she was actually going to offer it up for sale again to you. To many times boi threads get way out of hand when people jump the gun. Would it be wrong if she lied to you well at most it would be bad business practice and uncalled for. People should be honest yes but whose to say she isn't being honest again you really need to wait for all the facts to come in before posting. And number one thing is never purchase an animal even if you know it is sick. Let the person take care of it themselves which she appears to be doing. It can just cause a whole mess of trouble as you can see in other BOI threads when people want to purchase a sick animal then gets worse or even dies. If the vet happened to miss a secondary illness or misdiagnosed it then a lot of people seek further compensation when really it wasn't the sellers fault. Well technicaly it is their fault and the buyers for chancing it with a sick snake.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
mazermeno1
Thank you revolution1221 for adding me on facebook and letting me know about this post since he wasn't man enough to tell me himself! I have a bad feeling about this guy now. I still have the blood python. Im not the type of person to return payments because I get higher offers. If i was like that I would have had other posts about me (which i don't). I just don't understand why he wants to pay money for a sick snake? I'd rather treat her myself and wait for her to get better. Her antibiotics end next saturday and I was going to let him know that she was ready to ship monday but he ruined his chance. I can't stand people like him. Makes me want to start a boi about him but I won't jump down to his level. I love my animals and will make sure all are in perfect health before selling them.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #8
David Scarboro
It would have been simple

To just notify him of the problem when you sent the refund. A moment and a few typed words could have avoided this drama.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
TriangleReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
To just notify him of the problem when you sent the refund. A moment and a few typed words could have avoided this drama.
Correct....had you taken 5 minutes to contact the OP beforehand and discussed the matter, you surely could have come to an amicable solution. Instead, you unilaterally sent a refund with NO EXPLANATION. I would be suspicious too. This one is on you.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
Chance
Though it may be a bit presumptuous to assume she got a higher offer, I was curious about that ad from the moment I saw it. I'm no expert on blood pythons or anything, but that doesn't look like a typical blood to me. What do they call those? "Ultra breits"? Is it outside of the realm of possibilities that if she indeed has this snake, someone contacted her about it and informed her of its true value? If the hets (aka granites) sell for around $500 each, then obviously the actual mutation, which is what appears to be pictured in the ad, would sell for way more than $170.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!