Adam Block (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2003, 11:25 PM   #1
HerpVenue
Adam Block (Inquiry)

How many people have bought from Adam Block?
I want to know your experiences.

Has anyone bought Albino ball pythons from him?
Has anyone bought Piebald ball pythons from him?

I am asking because I was visiting his website....
and I noticed he states that he is sold out of piebalds and albinos..

So I would like to know who bought them.
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/impactreptiles/current.html

Thank you.

Old 02-01-2003, 12:36 AM   #2
PKossak
I have bought from Adam Block, and would like to share that he gave me excellent service. I may not have purchased Ball Pythons from him, but they were reptiles all the same (Baird's Ratsnakes). Just because of a small misunderstanding, he even sent me an extra snake. IMHO, it was unnecessary, just a really considerate thing to do. He's definately a good guy in my book.

I don't really know what's going on here with the dead Albino Ball Python thread, but I think some of you are being way too judgemental of Adam.

Paul Kossak

Old 02-01-2003, 04:01 AM   #3
DarksideBoas
adam

Havent bought anything from him, and wouldnt accept anything if it was FREE....

Old 02-01-2003, 06:58 AM   #4
Kevin Kaley
What is the purpose of this thread? Trying to stir up trouble?

Old 02-01-2003, 09:00 AM   #5
BAREPAPABEAR
I live about an hours drive from Adam Block and have driven down to his place to pick up animals and his mouse racks. He has been nothing but courteous and kind to me, and everything I have ever bought from him was represented in a 100% accurate manner. ALL of the animals I have seen from Adam have been healthy and in Awesome condition. I have NEVER once been disappointed with any of his services or animals nor have I had any problems with the way he communicates with me. I know sereval other people who have also had awesome experiences with him. I have not purchased any Ball Pythons from him but can tell you that if he says he has had them and is out then its true. What is the purpose of this post? Are you going to buy from him or are you trying to make trouble? I just don't understand why this post was even made?

Old 02-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #6
HerpVenue
Quote:
What is the purpose of this thread?
Let me see....I wonder what it says on the tittle.... oh INQUIRY

Quote:
Trying to stir up trouble?
If trying to find the truth means trying to stir up trouble....THEN HELL YEAH !!!

Adam just got into pythons this year.
He has pictures of two albino and four piebalds. He claims to be sold out. I firmly believe this is just Adams way of making himself look like some big breeder that he is [size4]DEFINATELY NOT[/size]. For example..... his statements of over 23 years experience when he is only 28. Adam has always tried to make it sound like he is bigger than he really is not.

So I posted to find the buyer of the two albinos and the four pie balds. But so far no posters yet.

I keep an eye on numberous classifieds and have yet to see hi put an albino or a piebald for sale. But yet he is sold out?

So if you bought an albino ball python or a piebald from Adam Block........post here or pm me or e-mail me.

Old 02-01-2003, 12:32 PM   #7
Casey Hulse
Simple

Adam, have you produced any albino or pied balls? Have you sold any albino or pied balls?

Old 02-01-2003, 12:33 PM   #8
HerpVenue
BAREPAPABEAR = Robert Raasch

I just did research on your name.
only one thing comes to mind. Birds of a feather flock together.

Thanks for your input though.

Old 02-01-2003, 02:18 PM   #9
Tony
Does it really matter if Adam sold an albino ball or not. He is just trying to make a name for himself. It is hard to sell high end snakes unless you have been around for a long time. As long as he is not trying to rip anyone off it shouldn't matter who bought them or if he ever sold them. He obviously has some and hopes to breed and sell them. If he was trying to sell hets that were not het, this would be another story. All he is trying to do is show people that he is in the bussiness of selling Albino Balls and Piebald Balls. Who knows, he might never have a piebald for sale. Until he does something wrong he should not be attacked. I have never purchased anything from Adam. I have never met or even talked to Adam. But it seems that in every post someone is trying to make him look like the bad guy. If he is a bad guy, why doesn't every body post how he did you bad. The only bad thing I read about Adam is that he got thrown off of kingsnake because he has a big mouth. And I wouldn't consider that too much of a bad thing.

Ritchie, you locked up his post about NERD because you said he had no facts. Every one on this site is posting based on opinions. He had a bad experiance with NERD and is trying to tell everyone why. You said he had no evidance, but he was sold an Albino Ball by Nerd. Fact. It did die of gout. Fact. He tried to resolve the problem with Kevin, who refused to work with him. Fact. Many people post about their deals gone bad, some have more facts than others. He is just trying to put what happened out in the open. Kevin was selling CB Baby Yellow Monitors a few years ago. I find it hard to believe that it was a Captive Bred Yellow Monitor when nobody had produced them yet. The first guy to do it was in Germany and he produced it after NERD posted it for sale. I believe it was a baby, but Captive Hatched and Captive Bred are two different things. It seems to me that it could be possible that Kevin is bad. I would be wary of him because of what I have seen. Adam is just giving people a warning, just like everyone else on the Boi is doing.

Who knows Adam could be a bad guy. I just haven't heard or seen him do anything bad. If he has, than I am wrong for defending him. It just seems unfair that every time he posts about someone or something he ends up getting attacked. Like I said before if he has done you wrong, post it. That way we will know for sure if he is bad or not. I don't care either way, just be fair to everyone. Thanks.

Tony Alles
www.reptileguru.com

Old 02-01-2003, 02:33 PM   #10
Darin Chappell
Tony,

You raise some valid questions. Let me try to point out two issues you might want to consider, however.

You asked, "Does it really matter if Adam sold an albino ball or not."

Well, it does and it doesn't. It doesn't matter in the sense that no one was ripped off or directly hurt by his posting that if it isn't true. However, it DOES matter in the sense that, IF it is NOT true, then it would be an example of Adam lying about himself and his business in order to get people to trust him based on falsified statements. Surely, you would agree that the ONLY thing that makes internet sales of reptiles (or anything for that matter) possible is the issue of TRUST between those who are dealing with one another. Trust is all we really have as sellers on the net! if a man cannot be trusted in this business, he cannot do business. IF (and I say "if") Adam has lied about selling these animals, then he cannot be trusted, and his future business opportunities ought to reflect that fact.

You also stated, "He had a bad experiance with NERD and is trying to tell everyone why. You said he had no evidance, but he was sold an Albino Ball by Nerd. Fact. It did die of gout. Fact."

You see, the problem is that those are only "facts" IF Adam can be believed. However, if he is shown to be capable of lying to suit his own purposes, then EVERYTHING he says is suspect from then on! When you combine this with the new information which now appears to show that the necropsy report of a ball python, which died of gout, may not even be of his animal (but rather that of a professor Steve House at ASU) . . .well, it is not looking too good for Adam's credibility.

Tony, I commend you on wanting to make sure that no one is attacked without proper evidence. I think it is valiant that you would want things to shake out in a fair manner here. However, this may not be the battle in which you want to side with the underdog. Sometimes a dog really is a dog, and this may be one of those instances.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!