Anyone know Jon Benbow (ROOTSROK)? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
Roesnake
Anyone know Jon Benbow (ROOTSROK)?

Jon Benbow of Cardiff, CA has my money, but after 3 failed attempts to have him ship my Rosy Boa, I'm beginning to question his integrity.

He contacted me in a timely manner and apologized about the first two shipping failures, even offering to add an extra animal to my order, which was much appreciated. However, I was supposed to receive the snakes on Tuesday (11/15)...they never arrived, and Jon is not responding to my e-mails or phone calls.

If anyone knows Jon, please have him call me. He has my number. I don't want the snakes anymore...just a refund of $125.

Thanks-
Jim Lineberger

Old 11-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #2
pch101
I know Jon, and as far as I can tell, he is a very nice guy. He is a bit young, and that may or may not be part of it. I will give him a call and pass on your message as well as inform him of this thread. I hope everything works out ok for you.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #3
Roesnake
Much appreciated, James-

I got an e-mail this morning:

Sent: Fri 11/18/2005 4:09 AM
To: Jim Lineberger
Subject: ROSY BOA

TRACK # FOR BORREGO ROSY BOA FROM J. BENBOW
285714561 USPS.COM

SHIPPED THURS @2:30 PM TO:
Jim Lineberger
c/o 2200 Cloverdale Ave.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
336-575-4845
QUESTIONS UNTIL FRIDAY, PLEASE USE, JILLCDAVISON@HOTMAIL.COM, OR ELSE USE
PREVIOUS CONTACT EMAIL, THANKS

....So, after two e-mails and two phone calls saying I wanted my money back, the snake has been shipped USPS (it's in the 20's here) without notice or questioning whether I can receive today or not....I've asked that Jon call me...I don't want the snakes. Hopefully Jon come through on this--

Thanks-
Jim

Old 11-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
pch101
I tried calling him last night with no luck. I wish I could have been of more help.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:06 AM   #5
Roesnake
thanks once more

James,
From a post or two I've read on you, you go above and beyond in assisting with these types of situations. It's refreshing to experience your integrity- and on top of that, you have the nicest Rosy collection I've ever seen.

Best Regards-
Jim

Old 11-18-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
pch101
Jim, I very nice of you to say that, and I really appreciate it. I do not think I will let you know if I can get a hold of Jon. I am glad you like the Rosies!

Old 11-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #7
Roesnake
The snakes arrived...

...well-packed and healthy enough. However, I feel like I've been blindsided.

The worst thing that Jon could've done in this situation was to randomly have the snakes shipped after I told him I wanted to void the deal and get a refund (a refund which he offered in in his e-mails).

I don’t think Jon had intentions of doing things this poorly, but in the future I’ll look elsewhere for my herp purchases.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:52 AM   #8
Roesnake
To wrap this up-

I have a nice pair of Rosy's from Jon...nice animals.

In phone messages and e-mails I asked repeatedly for a phone call, but Jon never has responded by phone or replied to any of my e-mails.

Time to lay this to rest-

All the best-
Jim

Old 11-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
Roesnake
Finally heard from Jon

Jon e-mailed me last night with apologies and offered me a $50 refund on the purchase price of the Rosy Boas. This gesture is redeeming...
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #10
Greg Riso
Wink While I Disagree.......

with the fact that Jon sent the animals without proper notice and by the USPS (which I thought is illegal) I think you've been well compensated enough already. He threw in an extra snake and got them to you safely. Now he's offered you an additional $50 which is a nice gesture but not one I personally would take him up on. I realize the seller was wrong in not returning your calls or giving you appropriate notice prior to shipping but you do have twice the number of animals than you bargained for.
Also, your statement, "I don’t think Jon had intentions of doing things this poorly, but in the future I’ll look elsewhere for my herp purchases."
should read,
Next Time I want Rosy Boas I'll deal with James Wilson of Pacific Coast Herpetological. He's the greatest! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!