Pets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Lucille
Pets

Naturally enough, many people on this board have reptiles as pets. There are also a fair number of people I have conversed with here with dogs, cats, etc.
To me, if I have a steady relationship, it is important that the other person love animals, and be kind to them.
How do you feel about that? Is that a criteria you feel is important to the success or continuation of your new relationships?

Old 06-11-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
jenn_jeffery
Most certainly a requirement. Well, it was when I was still looking.... (-: My husband is thankfully quite tolerant of my reptiles, and he loves the dogs. I have always had at least one dog, and wouldn't consider NOT having one unless someone develops allergies or some such horror.

We currently have 3 dogs, and a fourth residing with us until we can find her a good home....and the fourth one is his fault--he stopped and picked her up!!

But yeah, liking animals, and being compassionate towards them was always a requirement when I was looking...

Old 06-11-2004, 10:47 PM   #3
RedQuake
Oh my, its one of the most important things on my list of *musts* in a guy, second being a great sence of humour.

I have, at the moment, 17 geckos (three species), two cats and one dog. Animals are a part of my life and if, thats IF someone has an interest in me that could lead to anything more than a friendship, they will not only have to be tolerant of my addiction to animals, but also love them as much as i do. I won't tolerate anyone with an attitude resulting in putdowns, or constant bickering about how many animals i have in the house. I do have control LOL, thus my home won't be more of a zoo than it already is, however alot of my time is spent with my pets so they can't be expecting me to just forget my responsibilities. Thats why finding a life partner with someone who has just as much enthusiasm as i, would not only benefit both of us but make for a for a happier household.

My only concern then would be, if the guy is into reptiles, is fighting for more space to put tanks hehehehehe.

But yes i think its very important. Now on with the search LOL, not many people out my way think reptiles are cool.

Red

Old 06-11-2004, 10:57 PM   #4
Stardust
On the furry side of the animals in my family are two chinchillas, one cat (a kid begging for another) and four dogs, two of which are my shepherds. I train and breed shepherds, so they are always here. Train all dogs that is and breed shepherds. I was out of the breeding for awhile but have to do it one more time as my most fav male is starting to get up in years and I want to keep one of his pups.
Animals are a must as far a I am concerned. I just can't see anyone with any kind of kind heart not having an animal!

Old 06-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #5
Sybella
Absolutely!! A life without my critters is no life at all...that would be like, imagining life without children. I can't do that either.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:37 PM   #6
Stardust
I can't imagine a life without either as well. As they consume most of my life and I am content says a lot.

Old 06-16-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
A3reptiles.com
My animals are my life, if you can't handle that then you must be on your way

. . .on the other hand, if it is just a physical thing. . .

Old 06-16-2004, 05:11 PM   #8
RedQuake
HAHAHA "then again if its just a physical thing"?????????????

For the longest time my geckos were in my bedroom. Like it or not the guy would have to deal if he wanted something.......Ok at least in my bedroom, there are however, 5 levels to this house and plenty of other rooms LOL.

For me, its important that he likes animals cause i won't be staying around long if he doesn't. And i'm looking for a LTR not a ONS so..........hehe. I'm a packaged deal, 1 dog, 2 cats, 20 geckos and cute little me

Red

Old 06-17-2004, 12:17 AM   #9
willykink
ive had a few new girlfriends since i started keeping boas almost 8 years ago and just about every single one hasnt been too friendly towards my snakes at first but as i have the attitude of take me either with my snakes or not at all, most eventually warmed up to them

Old 06-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #10
A3reptiles.com
That sounds like an easy enough package to deal with, try convincing a woman that you just met that the few hundred snakes in your house are part of 'the package deal'!! Like you said though, you have other rooms, if I can get them past the living room (where I keep/display my 'Pets') and get them past the reptile room (all the rest of my animals), I am usually home free. Heaven help me if a woman wanders into my garage and opens up my deep freezer!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RedQuake
HAHAHA "then again if its just a physical thing"?????????????

For the longest time my geckos were in my bedroom. Like it or not the guy would have to deal if he wanted something.......Ok at least in my bedroom, there are however, 5 levels to this house and plenty of other rooms LOL.

For me, its important that he likes animals cause i won't be staying around long if he doesn't. And i'm looking for a LTR not a ONS so..........hehe. I'm a packaged deal, 1 dog, 2 cats, 20 geckos and cute little me

Red

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!