For Sale Dubia colony in Chester County, PA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 03-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
sbattisti
Dubia colony in Chester County, PA

Hey fellow herp owners!

I have had a bearded dragon for about six years, and have been feeding him with a dubia colony. Unfortunately, Khalil seems to have lost his taste for dubias, having grown to prefer worms. As a result, I am looking for a new home for the dubia colony.

The colony consists of:
  • 1 tupperware tub
  • 1 heating pad
  • Approx. 1 "SmartBalance" tub worth of food
  • 1 coffee grinder (used for making the food)
  • 1 extra egg crate
  • About 1/2 lb of water crystals
  • All of the roaches

I don't have an exact count, but this is a mature colony. There are at least 20-30 each adult females and males, probably more, and a proportional number of medium and small roaches. (Since Khalil hasn't been eating them, he hasn't whittled down his favorite size as happens when he is actively eating them.) They are healthy, and have been fed on a mixture of oatmeal and kitten food, supplemented by whatever vegetables I am throwing away.

I am asking $100 for the colony, mainly considering how many adults there are, and how much you would spend trying to buy those from business breeders. If you're feeding your lizard something that is costing you a lot of money on an ongoing basis, this is a great deal, and you will end up saving a ton of money over the life of your pet.

I live in West Chester, PA, and unfortunately am not interested in trying to ship these guys anywhere. This is strictly a "you come pick up" situation for now.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks very much!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!