For Sale One-in-a-million "collector's dream"! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Bearded Dragons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #11
Iggy189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave26 View Post
What!?!?!?!? She's insane.
x2.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #12
Au Duong Phong
I dont believe that story.. If the person did offer that much, it was probably a joke.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #13
spyder79
why would she be insanse. she has had the beardie for 3 or so years and loves it like family. if you had a dog that was your hole life and someone offered you 50 grand for him you would just say by fido?
maybe she is a different person than we are.
if i had a two headed beardie and someone offered me that much id sell it in a heartbeat but i dont see animals as my children i see them as my animals. this lady considers this beardie her child. you can call her crazy for not selling. apparently she did not need the money and loved the animal too much to sell it.

on a side note as i said if it was me i would have hand delivered the beardie to ripleys and requested cash lol.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
gulfbrzdawn
Question

Out of curiosity Valley Dragons, why after you have had these quote "special little dragons" for a year, would you decide to sell them?

Do you not have an emotional connection to them?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfbrzdawn View Post
Out of curiosity Valley Dragons, why after you have had these quote "special little dragons" for a year, would you decide to sell them?

Do you not have an emotional connection to them?
Of course there is emotional attachment...that is to be expected with anything that you raise for a year. But I guess I am a "big picture" kind of a person, and I have goals and dreams that I plan to attain. My husband and I just bought 10 acres outside of the city with the hopes of building a separate facility for the reptiles in the near future. $25,000 would speed things along quite a bit!

Jamie
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #16
gulfbrzdawn
I guess I could understand the situation more clearly if it were an antique or a car you were selling. This is a living breathing creature we are talking about.

Are you not afraid of them ending up in the wrong hands and being exploited or mistreated? I would be worried about the undue stress it would cause them after a year of being with you, to have to start all over again with someone new.

I'm sure it takes a special kind of person to love and take care of a miracle(in my eyes) such as Bert and Ernie. I also have a bearded dragon and there isn't a dollar amount in this world that could take her away from me and believe me I have big dreams too. I guess my priorities are a little different than others!

This is just my opinion....take it for what's it's worth!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #17
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfbrzdawn View Post
Are you not afraid of them ending up in the wrong hands and being exploited or mistreated? !
Hmmm...I'm assuming that if someone is actually willing to drop $25,000 on a lizard, then that person would probably be willing to provide proper care to ensure that Bert and Ernie live...just a thought.

Jamie
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #18
spyder79
no matter what at the end of the day those of us that breed dragons sell dragons. its not that we dont care for them or about them. but there is no way to keep every dragon we hatch out. i think that valley did the correct thing by keeping this dragon for a while because im sure valley wanted to make certain of the two headed beardies health. you wouldnt want to sell it to someone as a hatchling and it die due to not being able to survive with two heads. and the large price tag will keep anyone who cant care for it out of the market on this animal. no reason to attack valley's reasons. valley is a breeder this is what those of us that breed do.

also valley here is the contact info for Ripley's corporate if you want to contact them. i can almost garuntee it would have a good life in one of their aquarium facilities.

Ripley Entertainment Inc.
7576 Kingspointe Parkway, #188
Orlando, FL 32819
USA

Tel: 407-345-8010
Fax: 407-345-0801
Email: hq@ripleys.com

Archives & Exhibits: thevault@ripleys.com

brian
cryptic dragons

Old 05-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #19
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons View Post
Hmmm...I'm assuming that if someone is actually willing to drop $25,000 on a lizard, then that person would probably be willing to provide proper care to ensure that Bert and Ernie live...just a thought.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:54 AM   #20
Zack319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons View Post

Jamie
Are you sure after they put the 25k into the dragging they'll be able to afford adequite lighting and food, after all, there are 2 heads involved
LOL

As they say "two heads are better then one"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread