WARNING- druzella24 Timothy Gomez albinoboas@verizon.net - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Thorsnake
WARNING- druzella24 Timothy Gomez albinoboas@verizon.net

*** I had to repost due to a spelling error Sorry ****

Please read before buying from Timothy Gomez, From New York. He goes by

druzella24 on this site, and his email address's are albinoboas@verizon.net and albinos1@verizon.net. I have his phone number and will gladly give it out to anyone having problems with him. Just e-mail me.

Tim advertised a striped stripeline albino female 4' bci ( about 1.5 years old ) on this site(http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_...p?product=22839 now the add is not there).
He agreed to sell on 6-26-06 for 1250.00. I reluctantly agreed to 1288.00 to cover pay-pal fees. On 6-27-06 I sent 1288.00 thru pay pal, he promised to ship the snake on Thursday 6-29-06, and call with a tracking number. He did call that night, and said Fedx could not promise overnight delivery due to the July 4th Holiday.

He then promised to ship the snake on 7-5-06, and again call with a tracking number. I received no call so I called and left several messages, and a e-mail. I finally got a e-mail on 7-6-06 around noon. It said I have a problem I had the snake sexed, and think it's a male. I'm going take it to a vet. Later he confirmed it was male by e-mail, and that he had already spent my $1288.00 on this new born baby daughter.

After several e-mails and calls to his cell phone he did call my wife, and said his phone had fallen into the toilet and that is why he was not returning my calls, he said he was calling from a friends phone. He said he had a 5' albino female bci that would turn 3 years old in Oct, and that she could breed this year that I may want to give her a extra month before breeding. If I would consider taking her, and I said yes. And agreed to pay an additional 450.00 ( now a total of 1700.00 ) when the snake was received.

All was set for him to ship on Monday 7-10-06. He called that day and said fedx returned the package since he was not fedx verified to ship reptiles. Although he had previously claimed he has shipped many snakes with them. He sent me a picture of the fedx receipt but it did not say anything about returning the package or the contents. I did notice the total package weight was only 6.60 pounds. I called several times and only got his voice mail, he on a e-mail the next day, sorry but his phone was dead because his battery had died. And that he will call later as soon as he had some charge. When he called me the next day in the morning of 7-11-06. I questioned him about the weight of the snake, and told him no way she can breed this year, his response was I grow my snakes slow, no power feeding etc... He did tell my wife if I did not like the snake he would buy it back previously if I did not like her. We agreed for him to ship the snake on 7-12-06 with a letter stating that he had 30 days to pay me back in full or I would gain ownership of the snake.

Needless to say I received a e-mail stating that he will not ship the snake as collateral, and he is sending a letter instead and that he will make payments of $161.00 for 8 weeks. All this was never discussed or agreed upon. As of today I have filed a Pay-Pal dispute. I am now in the process of filing a FBI internet fraud claim : http://www.ic3.gov/ and I will contacting any and every agency that might help resolve this issue. I should have a case number shortly, and will gladly give it to anyone who is having problems with him.

Please reply if you had any problems with this individual.

Also any help on this matter will be appreciated!!!!

Thanks
David Potter

Old 07-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
druzella24
A refund payment plan was discussed and agreed on. I never stated I would not refund your money, I said I will refund your money but I can't do it in one shot because I don't have it thats why we spoke about a payment plan to refund your money. I don't see a reason for collateral if I'm willing to pay you back.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
Junkyard
David and Tim, do you have the e-mails with all communication between you two? Please post them.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
Bill_Leverton
yes e-mails would be a good start. especially one stating the payment agreement was excepted

Old 07-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #5
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Leverton
yes e-mails would be a good start. especially one stating the payment agreement was excepted
excepted =accepted Sorry

Old 07-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
DThomas
Tim,

As per the rules, you need to post your full name on every single post or you run the risk of having them deleted.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #7
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by druzella24
A refund payment plan was discussed and agreed on. I never stated I would not refund your money, I said I will refund your money but I can't do it in one shot because I don't have it thats why we spoke about a payment plan to refund your money. I don't see a reason for collateral if I'm willing to pay you back.
Tim, I'm confused on a few things, maybe you could clear them up.

1) Where do you live? The original post made mention that you are in New York, but your profile says South Beach, Fl.

2) How is it you spent the money you received prior to giving the man the snake that he bought? Technically until the deal was done, that wasn't your money.

3) Your profile also states that your occupation is real estate. How far do you think you would get if you tell Countrywide, "I plan on paying my mortgage, so why should I have to put up my house as collateral?"

If you put down $50K on a house, but then the seller refuses to make requested repairs and you cancel the contract, you think you would be OK with the seller telling you, "Sorry, I spent your $50k, but I'll pay you back $500 a month until the debt is paid..."?

Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 PM   #8
ldydrgn
David... you mean to say he ASKED you to pay the extra to cover the Paypal fees? That is against their TOS, I believe. If you use Paypal to accept payments, then you accept the fees Paypal imposes.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
Rainbowboaman
Am I reading this right? David paid for snake. it was never sent & now David has to wait for installment payments? That's total BS. If he did aggree to payments it was probably because thats the only way ne MIGHT get money back. You don't spend money untill animal is shipped & customer is happy. BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #10
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsnake
Needless to say I received a e-mail stating that he will not ship the snake as collateral, and he is sending a letter instead and that he will make payments of $161.00 for 8 weeks. All this was never discussed or agreed upon.
here is Dave's Quote

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!