Hognose morph ID help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
zosolp510
Hognose morph ID help

Picked up this beauty of a male at the Hamburg expo today. Two years old cb and huge for his age and sex ... I mean he literally dwarfed another male the same age at the same table! Sold as normal but the high yellow and unreal belly have me wondering just how "normal" he is. Figured I'd get a second opinion as I'm VERY unfamilliar with hognose genetics. Thanks for any help or ideas y'all might have! - Rob
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2017, 11:23 PM   #2
elena
I'm not up on some of the newer morphs, but I think he is "just" an outstanding normal. I'd try to find a female with similar high-yellow markings and see if you can get some babies that look like him. You'd probably be able to get a bit more for them than more average specimens.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:21 AM   #3
zosolp510
Thanks for the input, me likes the way you think hehehe. Looks like I'll be hitting another show sooner than I thought

Outstanding normal totally works for me btw.... I always get a jolly out of a normal that turns heads, just because normal anything seems to be overlooked so often.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:05 AM   #4
zosolp510
So quick update on this big guy. Finally got a measurement on him and at the moment he is 26in and in pre shed. If he was that big and vibrant this close to a shed I fear I may need a change of pants after he's done hahaha. Seriously shivering in antici................... pation here!

Old 02-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
JeffTheRN
Any updates post shed?

Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #6
Katiashinkle
He is HUGE! And gorgeous!

I agree that he is probably just a really high yellow normal. The yellow makes him look very crotaline.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!