breeding genetics diversification thoughts and suggestions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
Sniffle
breeding genetics diversification thoughts and suggestions

Hi everyone,

we are planning to breed in the next 1-2 years as out hogs come of age and size.

we currently have:
1 - female snow
1 - female conda(supposedly het snow, she was a rescue)
1 - male het anery
1 - male albino(supposedly het snow, again rescue)
1 - female albino(supposedly het snow, they were rescued together)

as they come of age, the female conda and albino will be first first females ready, my males will be ready by then as well.

eventually in the next 5ish years i could be looking at super conda snows if the odds are really in my favor.

that being said, we've been leaning towards an arctic, to breed with the conda and albino to get coral glow, conda coral glow, super arctic super conda, etc.

We know there are line breeds like the purple and redline, which i'm not super interested in right now. We know there are toffee belly, sable, pink pastel, and others. We just dont know what they produce or the names of them when combines to others. OR, if we do go with arctic what would you suggest next?

we know this is highly personal it's meant to be more discussion and less buy this as we want to learn more morph combos and names and put them with pictures so that we can make a more educated decision for ourselves

If you have good online rescources for better learning hognose morphs please link those as well. We do have the designer hognose morphs book.

Many thanks for your time!
The wife and I

Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #2
rberkley
Try morphmarket genetics calculator

https://www.morphmarket.com/c/reptil...ic-calculator/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!