74 days and really worried - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #1
ItsAHausFull
74 days and really worried

OK ...I posted on 5-16 because our eggs weren't hatching.We incubated at 80-82* in a Hovabator.At 63 days and nothing I was concerned. At 67 days one began to sweat...a good sign...at 71 days it began to dent in. Today is 74 days and on a check tonight it seems to have some fuzz on it and nothing in the way of a break out! It still glows pink when candled but I have passed worried and well onto to panick! How long after caving in does it hatch. I am probably worried over nothing. All five of my kids were really late so I should be used to this but I can't help but worry.Should I put anything on it for the fuzz or leave it alone. I tried to take a photo but it didnt turn out to well...it is deflated on the side and top. The egg next to it is the clutch mate. It started to sweat today!Any ideas...I dont plan to get rid of it till I am positive but...I hate to tell the kids the first ever fertile egg died this close to hatch day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eggs and kitty 011.jpg (66.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg eggs and kitty 012.jpg (60.0 KB, 65 views)

Old 05-27-2005, 12:48 AM   #2
DiabloBoa
i recently went through the same thing and in the end the leo was dead in the egg. if they sweat and cave but dont hatch soon i think its a bad thing but good luck i hope im wrong bout yours.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:00 AM   #3
aliceinwl
It looks like the egg has gone bad. I usually give them a sniff test. Take a good whiff of the egg, if you notice an odor, it's rotting. It may have a fairly large embryo in it, so it will still glow pink. Usually they should hatch within a day or two of starting to sweat and dent.

-Alice

Old 05-27-2005, 06:14 AM   #4
Chris@TSE
Sorry, that is definitely a goner......

Old 05-27-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
yeah, sucks but I had the same thing happen, started to sweat then caved in but never hatched when it turned brown and smelled I finally cut it open and the baby was fully formed but alas dead

I hope your others hatch better for you!

Old 05-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #6
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
Sorry, that is definitely a goner......

Sorry, but I agree with Chris. If there is a baby in that egg it will be stillborn

Sorry for your loss

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!