~Steve from Serpent's Den~ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
MiLadyDragonn
Thumbs up ~Steve from Serpent's Den~

~OK, as I promised, here is my opinion of this transaction. The package arrived at 9:15 am via UPS. It was a new box, well marked and properly sealed. Inside, was a thick styrofoam box w/ cover, housing the baby hognose snakes. in two deli dishes surrounded by loosely crumpled newspaper. There were heat packs in place and they were still warm !!

~The snakes, themselves are the nicest looking regular hognose I have yet to see. Much more red in color than brown. Clean, with no mites and obviously well cared for. They even had a little hissy bit of attitude which tells me they were feeling fine. {I love that about them..all hiss and no bite!}

~Steve and I spoke on the phone, as well as by email. He called to tell me he had shipped, give me a tracking # and tell me what time to expect them. {They were almost 2 hours early}. Steve called again today to make sure they had arrived safely and that I was happy with them.

~Well, I am proud to tell the "anti-Steve" people that I am gladly joining the ranks of the "Pro-Steve: group. And the best part being, no one had to ask me to say nice things, I experienced them first hand and am happy to spread the word. Having spoken to a few of Steve's previous customers, I found that this treatment was not specialized for me. They all received it as well. Nice to know it was not a singular inciident.

~A friend and I are even planning a road trip, once the weather breaks, to see the Serpent's Den for ourselves. I am pretty sure it will be worth the drive.

~So, Steve, Cheers! and Thanks!

Old 04-22-2003, 12:49 AM   #2
kenster
Yet more praises for Steve and Serpents Den. The snakes I got were very nice looking. They were also packed very well. The whole deal was great and went through without a problem. I am sure Steve will be hearing from me in the future!!!Thanks Steve!!

Old 04-22-2003, 11:32 PM   #3
Russ Lockenwitz
I too agree that Steve is a great guy....He is as honest and upfront as anyone in the business...I would without a doubt purchase animals from him! Those that have posted negative things about him in the past should remember that there are 3 sides to every story....Theirs, his and the truth!!

Old 04-23-2003, 12:20 PM   #4
Candy
Talking Steve and the Serpents Den

I too recently purchased a pair of Peruvians Boas from Steve and was treated with the utmost understanding and patience. When I received the boas, they were as represented and I was very pleased. The packaging was great too!

I would recommend Serpent's Den to anyone!

Old 04-23-2003, 08:12 PM   #5
John Kielbasa
I have done business in the past with Steve and was always satisfied. He keeps his store cleaner then most people would ever imagine, and his animals are top notch. I wouldnt hesitate doing business with him at anytime.

John Kielbasa

Old 12-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
sawdustsucker
I bought a female neonate albino ball from Steve two weeks ago. Steve was very good in his communications, and the snake was exactly as shown in the pictures in color/size. He is very professional, and is quick in his responses back. I would buy from him again.

Bob Howard, Seattle

Old 12-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
royalkreationz
Awesome seller

I bought a pair of het albinos from his male that throws "axanthic" appearing babies. I got the two axanthic looking siblings to breed them back together and see what is going on with the gene. Both animals eat very well and are checking in at around 500g for '07 babies. I am going to buy another pair or a lone female to add to the project next year. The animals were packed well and in great condition and his communication were great. I would reccommend doing business with Steve anytime you get the chance.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
riverboy
Steve

I've stopped by Steve's store when I've have the opportunity while visiting family in the Poconos. Every time he and his family have been cleaning. The place was immaculate. He has given me tours of the entire facility, and even let me check out the hots. Even though he knew I wasn't buying at the time due to travel, he still enjoyed talking snakes for hours. He's a good guy with a wealth of knowledge.

Jason Stevens
Chondrolorado

Old 11-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
hhmoore
I've purchased from Steve Markevich a few times in the past, but I'm not sure if I've ever commented in any of his threads. No time like the present, as they say.

I recently made another purchase from Steve - one that caught me by surprise, as I had been utterly disinterested in this particular morph for many years. I saw the snake in his ad, and knew I wanted it. The short version of the story is that I made Steve aware of my interest, and told him that I was waiting for some funds to show up so I could make the purchase (those funds still haven't arrived, btw ). Steve went out of his way to enable me to not only get this snake, but to have it here more quickly than would have been possible otherwise.
As with the other animals I have gotten from him, this snake is beautiful and problem free. Many thanks, Steve!!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I've purchased from Steve Markevich a few times in the past, but I'm not sure if I've ever commented in any of his threads. No time like the present, as they say.

I recently made another purchase from Steve - one that caught me by surprise, as I had been utterly disinterested in this particular morph for many years. I saw the snake in his ad, and knew I wanted it. The short version of the story is that I made Steve aware of my interest, and told him that I was waiting for some funds to show up so I could make the purchase (those funds still haven't arrived, btw ). Steve went out of his way to enable me to not only get this snake, but to have it here more quickly than would have been possible otherwise.
As with the other animals I have gotten from him, this snake is beautiful and problem free. Many thanks, Steve!!
Seriously?

You had no problem whatsoever dealing with a guy who reportedly went bankrupt and left his animals unattended to die in his store, defaulted on loans, didn't pay taxes or child support payments, and hid from authorities until he could find an attorney rather than face the consequences?

I mean this is the same Steve Markevich were talking about, right?

That Steve?

Was it a morph that crapped Gold Krugerrand's or something that tempted you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
serpents den, steve markevich