Bad Guy Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #101
SERPENTS DEN
[quote=rattler;641690][quote=serpentsden;641677]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post

Steve, I'm not perfect but I take responsibility for my actions. Do my best to obey the law, keep all my animals under my permit and don't do anything to disrupt my life or my family's life in any way. It's written here that you were locked up during this time. Would you mind telling why being you're suggesting you've changed in the last "23" years?
Steve why are you trying to take this thread out of context? If you want to know why I was locked up READ the whole thread it's in there. If you have nothing useful to say perhaps you should stop replying rather than trying to bring up 23 + years ago that has nothing to do with the present.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #102
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
Can you attach them like you did in the e-mail you sent me? I would think it would work.
I looked up what an MHTML file is and the problem is that it's a Microsoft only file that can only be opened in specific programs. JPG screenshots need posted so that everyone can view what he's trying to post.

Since you were able to open them Maggie, if Steve can't figure out the screenshot issue perhaps since you already have the files you could post the screenshots?

Old 10-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #103
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
IF it is true that Mr. Markevich was locked out by his landlord before the eviction process was complete, then the liability for the consequences that resulted should land on the landlord.

I don't claim to know any specifics about what really happened here, but I have worked as a property manager, and something smells a little fishy here.

I never said we were locked out before April 21st. The animals, cages and other belongings were illegally removed prior to getting an eviction notice.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #104
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I looked up what an MHTML file is and the problem is that it's a Microsoft only file that can only be opened in specific programs. JPG screenshots need posted so that everyone can view what he's trying to post.

Since you were able to open them Maggie, if Steve can't figure out the screenshot issue perhaps since you already have the files you could post the screenshots?
Can I copy the e-mail? I will do that since Steve M. (two Steves wow!) has posted here. I just did not want to contribute the the "third pary/ hearsay" portion of this thread. (I hate is when Rich gripes at me! )

Old 10-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #105
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
I never said we were locked out before April 21st. The animals, cages and other belongings were illegally removed prior to getting an eviction notice.
Ok, I'm not trying to beat you up. Just trying to get an exact timeline on the events. I know they're scattered around this thread in bits and pieces, but if you could provide a concise timeline of these events in a single post, it might be helpful.

Leave out the irrelevant fluff and editorializing, and post a simple timeline (with dates).

That would be a good place to start.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #106
LakesideBoas
Here is a copy and paste of the e-mail with the ad. It looked okay in preview...crossing my fingers...

Pre edit: I had to remove some of the HTML tags (they were just ads for other businesses anyway) but you will at least get the body of the ads this way. There were no pictures in the body of Chris' ads.

I can't seem to take a screen shot of my inbox. I don't know why. I can forward it to you if you can do something about it.

Ball Pythons Many CB Normal Balls- Yearling-Proven Adult Send this ad to a friend! Click Here!
Posted by Chris F (Contact Me!)
September 17, 2008 at 14:29:58

Registered PetHobbyist User since 2003-04-03

I have many normal balls available for sale in lots only, up to 100.

Prices range from $30-$50 depending on your lot size.

I am unable to ship at this time but can meet in SE PA, or deliver to Hamburg show.

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Chris

__________________________________________________ _________

Pythons 1.1 adult Bredls pythons Send this ad to a friend!
September 16, 2008 at 15:08:46

I have a pair of adult Bredl's pythons for sale. Both eat f/t and are fairly handleable. Pictures available upon request. Asking only $400.

Thanks

__________________________________________________ ___

Venomous Cobras Send this ad to a friend!
September 17, 2008 at 14:54:33

I have the following for sale:

1 morrocan cobra- 5ft (male?)
1 Mozambique spitting cobra- 5ft
2 Sunset monocled cobras- yearlings- 3ft

Asking $250 OBO for the morrocan and $100 OBO for the spitter. Please make an offer on the sunsets, as I am unsure of their value.

Please contact me with any questions or for pictures.

Available to meet in SE PA or deliver to Hamburg Show.

Thanks,
Chris

__________________________________________________ ______

Venomous Urutus and rattlesnakes Send this ad to a friend!
September 17, 2008 at 14:48:07

I have 1.1 adult urutus and 10 babies available.

I also have the following rattlesnakes:

Speckled (juvies and adults)
Prairie (adults)
Hypo Prairie (adults)
Baja (yearlings)

I am asking $400 for the adult urutu pair ($200 less than current listing prices) OBO. Asking $90 on the Urutu babies, less if you purchase the group.

I am unsure on the rattlesnakes value and I am willing to consider all offers.

Thanks,
Chris

Venomous Urutus and rattlesnakes Send this ad to a friend!
September 17, 2008 at 14:48:07

I have 1.1 adult urutus and 10 babies available.

I also have the following rattlesnakes:

Speckled (juvies and adults)
Prairie (adults)
Hypo Prairie (adults)
Baja (yearlings)

I am asking $400 for the adult urutu pair ($200 less than current listing prices) OBO. Asking $90 on the Urutu babies, less if you purchase the group.

I am unsure on the rattlesnakes value and I am willing to consider all offers.

Thanks,
Chris

__________________________________________________ ____

Old 10-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #107
SERPENTS DEN
I’m not looking for any sympathy I just wanted to let people know some of my objections

It’s a shame Chris Foley was THREATENED as he stated by the DA to certain terms.

Here are the e-mails I exchanged with Chris Foley.

--- On Sat, 9/20/08, Chris Foley <cfoley517@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Chris Foley
To: s.markevich@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 8:46 AM

Steve,

I appreciate your calmness about the situation. However, the DA has legally binded and threatened me to certain terms. I understand that by not discussing this with you further could result in you pursuing me. By discussing this with your further, it could result in the DA pursuing me. All that I have done in this situation is acted as a rescue, doing a favor for animals in a situation where some were already deceased. I have already been given instructions by animal control, police, and the district attorney, holding me liable to their direction.

Again, I would be happy to work out anything with you through the DA. I'll do anything with their approval. I look forward to helping you. Again, her information is Cindy Hatton: 610-377-9167.

Thanks again,

Chris Foley

--- On Sat, 9/20/08, Steve Markevich <s.markevich@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: cfoley517@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 2:55 AM

When/ what did you get from the list I sent to you and what was there condition?
I would appreciate you discussing this with me without the DA involvement.
What the landlords planned was totally illegal.
Did you purchase these animals or what is the deal?

Thanks for responding.
Steve

--- On Sat, 9/20/08, Chris Foley <cfoley517@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: s.markevich@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 2:42 AM

Steve,

I did pull the ads after receiving your original message because I obviously did not want any further interest in them. I did not respond instantly, as I was on the way out the door.

If there is anything I can do to assist you, I would be glad to. I have acted solely at the request of animal control, the landlord, and the district attorney. All that I care about today and have cared about from the start is that these animals are in good care.

As I said, I will do whatever I can in my power to assist you but my hands are relatively tied via the District Attorney's orders. I would like to give you her name and number and hopefully they will be able to give us a place to start.

Her information is: Cindy Hatton: 610-377-9167

Another thing you may want to look into....I do not have all of those animals listed. I do not know if or who else was involved. We can discuss this after the DA has been contacted.

Thanks,
Chris Foley

--- On Fri, 9/19/08, Steve Markevich <s.markevich@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Chris Foley
To: Cfoley517@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 9:38 PM

Chris,

I noticed you pulled the ads and like I said I already have copied all the ads you posted to my hardrive as well as your IP address.

I think it would be in your best interest not to contact my landlords and to talk to me and hear what I have to say. I have already spoken in detail to an attorney and I have a solid lawsuit that will be filed against them as well as pushing for criminal charges being filed.
You can avoid having criminal charges or a lawsuit filed against you if you are willing to cooperate 100% with me. You will not be out any money I promise you that and will be rewarded if you cooperate.

I can be reached at 570- edited

Steve Markevich
SERPENTS DEN

Old 10-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #108
LakesideBoas
If Chris is working under the direction of the DA and Animal control then he is indeed a middle-man and is bound by the constriants evoked by those parties.

He shouldn't even be mentioned in a lawsuit except in that capacity.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #109
rattler
[quote=serpentsden;641696][quote=rattler;641690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post

Steve why are you trying to take this thread out of context? If you want to know why I was locked up READ the whole thread it's in there. If you have nothing useful to say perhaps you should stop replying rather than trying to bring up 23 + years ago that has nothing to do with the present.

Thanks for the reply. At least you were locked up for a good reason. AGAIN, it seems you're still not a very responsible person. So keep blaming everyone but yourself for the situation that you're in. Steve, IT'S YOUR FAULT. It's all on you and nobody else. If you did your duty as the law required you wouldn't be in this position. I feel sorry for the animals because they're the only innocent victims here. Nothing was taken out of context because it seems that some people are quick to blame the authorities and feel sorry for you. Cry me a river why don't you. It's obvious you had money to buy quite a few animals of which some were said to be high end animals. maybe you should of used some of that money to keep up on your bills including your child support. My god is anything sacred to you? This is your child for god's sake. Maybe I can't relate to your "situation" because I get up every morning, go to work, pay my bills and don't get over my head. If the animal business wasn't working out for you financially then maybe you needed to find another line of work that would allow you to collect a steady paycheck. I'm just puzzled as to how you cannot accept any blame for the situation you got yourself in. Just tell us why none of this is your fault.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #110
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
Rattler knows that. We all know that. We are your friends here, but we're not giving you a free pass, although we're not going to beat you up virtually either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post
Thanks for the reply. At least you were locked up for a good reason. AGAIN, it seems you're still not a very responsible person. So keep blaming everyone but yourself for the situation that you're in. Steve, IT'S YOUR FAULT. It's all on you and nobody else. If you did your duty as the law required you wouldn't be in this position. I feel sorry for the animals because they're the only innocent victims here. Nothing was taken out of context because it seems that some people are quick to blame the authorities and feel sorry for you. Cry me a river why don't you. It's obvious you had money to buy quite a few animals of which some were said to be high end animals. maybe you should of used some of that money to keep up on your bills including your child support. My god is anything sacred to you? This is your child for god's sake. Maybe I can't relate to your "situation" because I get up every morning, go to work, pay my bills and don't get over my head. If the animal business wasn't working out for you financially then maybe you needed to find another line of work that would allow you to collect a steady paycheck. I'm just puzzled as to how you cannot accept any blame for the situation you got yourself in. Just tell us why none of this is your fault.
Was I wrong?

BTW if you can not grasp what I was trying to convey in my earlier posts, then I do not know what else to say. My saying the authorities were culpable IF they turned off the heat (which Steve M states they did not) wasn't to give Steve M a "pass". It was to point out that they knew they were dealing with live animals also. Animals that were incapable of regulating their own body heat. IF they had done that (which they did not) it would have made them just as "bad" as they claimed Steve M to be.

I hope that was a clearer picture.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris foley, eric musser, steve markevich