Big Boy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
bruce1420
Big Boy

I have a bearded dragon that i got about 3.5 months ago when he was 1.5 months old and around 6 or 7 inches long. He'll be 5 months old next week and he's already 17 inches long and weighs 255 grams. My question is: At what age do Bd's generally stop growing? I'm just curious as to how big he's going to get. From the looks of it he going to be a giant, which I'm looking forward to.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
Reptileking636
I have a baby thats growing at about that rate, 2 months and 8 in. Your dragon is already a beast, but he will probably slow down pretty soon, and stop altogether in about 6 months.

Old 09-30-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
CheriS
This is Merlin @ 9 months old, just getting ready to go over 600 grams and 22 inches. He is now 700 grams and 24 inches.

Al thought they slow down dramatically at age one, we have had ones that continue to grow up through their 2nd year. They can continue to add bulk past that, but did not add length.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:38 PM   #4
Reptileking636
Cheri, do you by any chance have a pic of the huge beardie, i have to see that.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
CheriS
This largest one, 25 inches and 1048 grams ..no fat on him, see under his arms and his beard. He is pictured here with Dr Kathryn Tosney in Daytona at the Breeders Expo 2004, when we was checked by many breeders to verify his size and the photo under it is him with a 2 month old baby (that was really a good size baby). As you can see, his blue blanket went everywhere with him.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #6
Reptileking636
WOW that is awesome a giant grunting dragon that loves a blue blanket, i want one!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!