Silas of Appalachian Exotics in WV? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
RyanT
Silas of Appalachian Exotics in WV?

Can't find any info about him. Anyone have an experience to share?

Old 07-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
m00kfu
Actually, I believe he's in Kentucky going from the area code of his phone number... I'm currently in the process of purchasing that cinnamon female from him... I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00kfu
Actually, I believe he's in Kentucky going from the area code of his phone number... I'm currently in the process of purchasing that cinnamon female from him... I'll let you know how it goes.
What? My buddy just bought that cinny from him! He sent a 1100 gram normal male to him. He said they shipped out the wrong snake. WTF?

Old 07-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
m00kfu
Hmm... starting to sound pretty fishy to me... he was supposed to ship it out to me this past Wednesday, and when I emailed him to check if he did and told me there was a death in the family and he was in Ohio until Monday and wouldn't be able to ship until then... Did you buddy pay through paypal? I hope he did so if this does turn out to be a scam he can get his money back...

Old 07-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
chaos31
Definitely a scam artist, as a matter of fact I think that the whole family is in on it so.... beware of any purchases from from him (Silas or Celia Crawford - Appalachian Exotics) All in all I spoke to him, his wife and his mom. He and his family ship from Ohio not Kentucky or West VA. If you want further info on this major scam artist who will ship you a $15.00 snake for $950.00... email me @ xclusivecustoms@yahoo.com I will be happy to get him for what he did to my 12 year old son, who is devastated!!!!!! But good news everyone my fiance's father works for the Bureau of Investigations and was real interested in this so look out whoever you are its called FRAUD.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
m00kfu
Here's another ad from him that sounds like another scam also... found it on http://www.digitalexpo.biz/default.c...ject/Reptiles/

Trade Lead Description:

I am looking for people who have the money to invest in a growing buisness.I have 15 yrs in the trade of reptiles, and am looking for people who don't have time to breed or take care of the animals themselves and still want to have the extra income.I am a breeder of just about all reptiles and have the knowledge, and facility to do so. So if you're interested let me know.
Thanks,
Appalachian Exotics.
Posted from US - Ohio on 22 February, 2007

Old 07-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
RyanT
Wow. I knew it. That just wasn't right. First he was selling an adult 1600 gram female Cinny for $650 shipped. We went back and forth for a couple days. He sent me 3 pics that were all different sizes, and 2 of them were definitely not the same snake. When I asked him what was up, he disappeared. Then I see him posting a 2500 gram female with real nice pics that even have his "company" imprinted on them. Like they say, when it's too good to be true.... I wish I could have posted something about him before anyone got ripped off, but I had absolutely no proof from my experience with him. Just a bad feeling. Hopefully he can be tracked down. He seemed like a douchebag to me. Apparently, he is.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #8
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT
Wow. I knew it. That just wasn't right. First he was selling an adult 1600 gram female Cinny for $650 shipped. We went back and forth for a couple days. He sent me 3 pics that were all different sizes, and 2 of them were definitely not the same snake. When I asked him what was up, he disappeared. Then I see him posting a 2500 gram female with real nice pics that even have his "company" imprinted on them. Like they say, when it's too good to be true.... I wish I could have posted something about him before anyone got ripped off, but I had absolutely no proof from my experience with him. Just a bad feeling. Hopefully he can be tracked down. He seemed like a douchebag to me. Apparently, he is.
Ryan, I'm glad you started this thread. Just to bad I didnt see it before Chaos sent the $$.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
m00kfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Ryan, I'm glad you started this thread. Just to bad I didnt see it before Chaos sent the $$.
Thanks from me also, I already escalated my paypal payment to claim so hopefully it will get cleared up quickly. Who knows how long I would have had to deal with this if I was waiting on Silas to come through.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #10
RyanT
Yeah, but I guess at least 2 people got taken. That sucks. I didn't really do anything though. I could have written about my encounter with him then, but it would have been pretty unfair not knowing whether or not he really was out to rip people off. That doesn't seem right before you have any solid evidence against anyone. Hopefully those guys used PayPal and there's at least some recourse for getting their money back. I was just hoping someone else either got the feeling he was shady too, or could surprise me, and clear up my apprehensions. That didn't happen. I guess now we know. At least this is here now. Should slow him down, at least somewhat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!