Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #121
Mister Internet
To the OP: BHB didn't owe you anything, IMO, and it was petulant and inappropriate to aproach them. If your friend sold you a snake he got from BHB that turned out not to be correct, YOUR FRIEND owes you, not BHB. If your friend wants to, in turn, solicit BHB for restitution, then so be it. You never gave any money to BHB, not sure why you are expecting any.

That being said, he should follow through on what he said he'd do. Not that anyone reading this thread thinks it's appropriate or warranted in this situation. I think he's being a stand up guy for even listening to your whining in the first place, but that's just me. I'd have told you to go talk to your friend who sold you the snake. The fact that he talked to you AND offered to make it right when there's no reasonable way to infer he was under any obligation to do so, makes him worth doing business with in my book. As long as I didn't need it quickly lol.

Best of luck.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #122
dturner100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Busy with business, evidently.

Well ... some business.
Brian has been asked to come to the BOI to assist in a reference at least once in the past that I know of and showed up pretty fast.

Also I'd think making right on his word would be the most important business even if it's just for the little guy.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #123
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
To the OP: BHB didn't owe you anything, IMO, and it was petulant and inappropriate to aproach them. If your friend sold you a snake he got from BHB that turned out not to be correct, YOUR FRIEND owes you, not BHB. If your friend wants to, in turn, solicit BHB for restitution, then so be it. You never gave any money to BHB, not sure why you are expecting any.

That being said, he should follow through on what he said he'd do. Not that anyone reading this thread thinks it's appropriate or warranted in this situation. I think he's being a stand up guy for even listening to your whining in the first place, but that's just me. I'd have told you to go talk to your friend who sold you the snake. The fact that he talked to you AND offered to make it right when there's no reasonable way to infer he was under any obligation to do so, makes him worth doing business with in my book. As long as I didn't need it quickly lol.

Best of luck.
Yep yep, as always, your post is right on target Mr. I.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #124
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake1 View Post
Because the OP didn't buy from Brian, I would say he has no claim against Brian, but because Brian made an agreement, he should honor it in a timely manner. Period.
I totally disagree with the first part of your statement, the OP has every right to make a claim on the animal. I believe that it was stated before that Brian knew that the snake was being purchased for the OP. That's like saying if someone went to the store and bought a laptop for you, that you would have no right to claim the warranty or refund if the laptop failed to work properly. Given the low chances of producing a visual animal from hets and with the low egg count that balls render, I do think that the OP might have jumped the gun a little by claiming a dud het. But it has been proven that Brain has said himself that he will make right on the animal, but has failed to do so. If I ever were to get into balls I would have no problem buying from either Brian or the OP. But when it would come to BHB, I would make sure that everything was on the up and up, because their customer service is lacking a bit.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #125
David Bellis
After getting away from the computer a few hours I need to apologize for my earlier behavior and posts. I'm sorry for taking the potshots at the mods and site and just being a bit of a jackass really. This is going to be a long post but I want to give a little background.

This is a sore spot for me as I've been dealing with this headache for well over a year now. From start to finish this entire transaction has been nothing but awful. Buying the snake through Chris was just beyond idiotic, Chris and I discussed earlier today that it was probably the worst $250 he's ever saved since his name is involved in this nonsense.

Like lots of people I'm always trying to create new morphs and move older stuff out to make room for holdbacks. When I sold the Spider to Cliff, much like buying him through Chris, I never would have guessed in a million years that there would be any genetic questions that would arise. When none of the eggs hit I reassured Cliff numerous times that the snake came from BHB, so I was *sure* it was a het and that big breeders probably aren't even producing normal Spiders. When Cliff had eggs incubating I couldn't wait for him to hatch out a Hypo or a Honeybee so he would be proven and done with. No such luck there either. So now not only am I out the clutches that didn't prove, Cliff is as well. It's an absolute mess and I'm right in the middle of it. I lost money on the male, didn't get anything from the babies, and now I've got a buyer who is out clutches as well.

So I email Brian and talk on the phone and Brian seems like a good guy. I still think Brian *is* a good guy but has *TERRIBLE* customer service. We talk about the possibility of it being a het even with that many eggs. We talk about the possibility of it being moved at a show, put back int he wrong box, dumb employee etc. We agree on everything and then communication just stops.

I get it. The guy is busy. Super busy. But two months??? You can't send an email or make a phone call for 60 days? Really?

Months and months of telling me you'll do something and then doing nothing. I just got fed up. These are my last email exchanges with Brian.

October 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bellis
Hey Brian. Just wondering if you got that inventory list done. Let me know. Thanks. - David
October 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@BHB
So sorry, I have had a tough week.lol I am working on the last parts of te list today and should have it finished by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay! Talk soon, Brian
October 27
Quote:
It happens to all of us. Any news? - David
November 2
Quote:
When we first talked about doing 2010 babies you said it would be July or August before we could make a deal. I have stuff that breeds late so I thought if I got a good feeder I'd have the chance of getting him up to size. We're obviously into November now and here I am following up yet another unanswered email from a week ago.

My patience can only go so far Brian. Can you please get me a list of available animals so we can put this behind us? Please. - David
November 9
Quote:
Brian I was on your website and saw you have a male Enchi Bee available. Would you be willing to send me him to complete our deal? Let me know, thanks. - David
November 12
Quote:
And now three more weeks have passed since you said you should have the list "finished by tomorrow". Not to mention no response to my last three emails, but I should be used to that by now. I'm absolutely disgusted with the way you have treated me in this situation and can't believe you run a business this way. If I sold someone a het that *didn't prove out* I would bend over backwards to make it right for them. You act like I'm bothering you. I don't know what else to say to you as nothing seems to make any difference and you never follow through with anything you say you're going to do anyway. - David
So I decided I'd make it public. I knew what was going to happen and I was dreading make the post honestly. I knew it would ruin any chances of getting an animal but I had given up anyway. I felt Brian should be accountable for following through with what you tell someone.

I really just didn't expect the amount of people questioning me rather than saying "Wow I can't believe he really told you he'd do something and has ignored you for months, Brian what do you have to say?". I was already irritated, a little defensive and then I sat here reading too many posts.

So I got a little worked up and the results are here for everyone to see forever. I'm not entirely crazy, just a little excitable at times.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #126
KelliH
I do understand your frustration. I would be frustrated too. I don't even know Brian but I would bet that he will stand by his word. Like what has been stated prior by myself and others, he told you he would compensate you. Therefore he should.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #127
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bellis View Post
After getting away from the computer a few hours I need to apologize for my earlier behavior and posts. I'm sorry for taking the potshots at the mods and site and just being a bit of a jackass really. This is going to be a long post but I want to give a little background.

This is a sore spot for me as I've been dealing with this headache for well over a year now. From start to finish this entire transaction has been nothing but awful. Buying the snake through Chris was just beyond idiotic, Chris and I discussed earlier today that it was probably the worst $250 he's ever saved since his name is involved in this nonsense.

Like lots of people I'm always trying to create new morphs and move older stuff out to make room for holdbacks. When I sold the Spider to Cliff, much like buying him through Chris, I never would have guessed in a million years that there would be any genetic questions that would arise. When none of the eggs hit I reassured Cliff numerous times that the snake came from BHB, so I was *sure* it was a het and that big breeders probably aren't even producing normal Spiders. When Cliff had eggs incubating I couldn't wait for him to hatch out a Hypo or a Honeybee so he would be proven and done with. No such luck there either. So now not only am I out the clutches that didn't prove, Cliff is as well. It's an absolute mess and I'm right in the middle of it. I lost money on the male, didn't get anything from the babies, and now I've got a buyer who is out clutches as well.

So I email Brian and talk on the phone and Brian seems like a good guy. I still think Brian *is* a good guy but has *TERRIBLE* customer service. We talk about the possibility of it being a het even with that many eggs. We talk about the possibility of it being moved at a show, put back int he wrong box, dumb employee etc. We agree on everything and then communication just stops.

I get it. The guy is busy. Super busy. But two months??? You can't send an email or make a phone call for 60 days? Really?

Months and months of telling me you'll do something and then doing nothing. I just got fed up. These are my last email exchanges with Brian.

October 20

October 22

October 27

November 2

November 9

November 12

So I decided I'd make it public. I knew what was going to happen and I was dreading make the post honestly. I knew it would ruin any chances of getting an animal but I had given up anyway. I felt Brian should be accountable for following through with what you tell someone.

I really just didn't expect the amount of people questioning me rather than saying "Wow I can't believe he really told you he'd do something and has ignored you for months, Brian what do you have to say?". I was already irritated, a little defensive and then I sat here reading too many posts.

So I got a little worked up and the results are here for everyone to see forever. I'm not entirely crazy, just a little excitable at times.
Very well put. I can understand when people get a little excitable sometimes, but that's what I call passion. When you're passionate about something, sometimes those feelings get in the way.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:22 AM   #128
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bellis View Post

So I email Brian and talk on the phone and Brian seems like a good guy. I still think Brian *is* a good guy but has *TERRIBLE* customer service.

Now thats real, reasonable honesty

Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #129
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post

Best of luck.
Ok so if I sold a male het clown/axanthic for $3000 to a neighbor of urs for u, so u can save on shipping by combining orders, knowing that this is the deal, and then u breed it to compatiable females and get no visuals what-so-ever, I dont owe u jack squat?

Is that what ur saying?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #130
rcpreis3
Good job David I'm glad u came around and apologized. I accept ur apology, and appreciate ur humble enough to realize u were in the wrong in some of ur posts. Now with that behind us, have u attempted to contact Brian since this post was made? Or has he attempted to contact u?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!