IRS Deductions 4 Relocating Snake keepers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
deborahbroadus
IRS Deductions 4 Relocating Snake keepers

...YES, They REALLY said that..

http://portal.kiplinger.com/features...eductions.html

Quote:
5. Moving the family pet. The IRS says if you are changing jobs and meet a couple of tests, you can deduct your moving expenses -- including the cost of moving your dog, cat or other pet from your old residence to your new home. Your pet -- be it a Pekingese or a python -- is treated the same as your other personal effects.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
Shadera
How cool is that. It's about time we get a break.

Thanks for the snippet, I'm hoping the information will come in handy for me sooner rather than later. I'm dreading the cost and man hours that are going to go into moving all these animals, but knowing that there's a glimmer of hope I can get some of it back (for once) is nice.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Focal
Man, for a second there I thought I could claim all that shipping I spent "relocating" snakes last year

Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Man, for a second there I thought I could claim all that shipping I spent "relocating" snakes last year

I know, Shadera, this will come in handy if I ever have to move because all of my animals are considered pets and I rehome them for rehome fees which are usually less than market value.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
deductions, snakes, tax