Ball Morphs and More/Damien Taylor - BEWARE!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2003, 03:40 AM   #1
Boavoyage
Thumbs down Ball Morphs and More/Damien Taylor - BEWARE!!!

This guy gave me a nightmare just right before I went to bed (amazing, isn't he???). His name is Damien Taylor.
Quote:
BREEDABLE PASTEL MALE
WE SHIP NATION WIDE
Posted by BALL MORPHS AND MORE on October 05, 2003 at 01:06:53
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2003-07-05
I HAVE A 02 PASTEL MALE THAT JUST STARTED PRODUCING SPURM PLUGS AND LOCKED UP WITH A FEMALE TODAY. BUT I HAVE LARGER PASTEL MALE AND WOULD LIKE TO FUND OTHER PROJECTS.

TRADES CONSIDER FOR VISBLE BALL MORPHS EVEN PASTELS.

PRICE $4000 OBO

THANKS
BALL MORPHS AND MORE
The pictures are mine. The snake in the pictures was sold to him on 9/24/2003. It's a 2003 animal, weight between 350 grams-375 grams. It's NOT 2002, breedable male.
If you are so interested in this male, consider this is a kindly head up. Don't get rip-off by this guy. I already emailed him, and kindly suggested him to take the ad off, or I'll file a complaint with the website he advertised.

Old 10-05-2003, 10:22 AM   #2
HerpVenue
Go ahead and report him.
It is obvious it was not some kind of mistake.
If he really had a bigger male pastel and he is selling that one because he does not need it.......why did he buy it about 10 days ago

Old 10-05-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
JeffHouston
Looks like the scum are really coming out of the wood work huh? I spent $40k this year and everything went fine, I bought from Jeremy Stone, Sutherlands, CV Exotics, etc and all went well. The first deal I do with some no-name I get screwed again.
I learned my lesson, again! lol
Thanks for the heads up on this new scammer.
Jeff Houston

Old 10-05-2003, 03:10 PM   #4
Tony Bocanegra
I responded to that add as well as another that "Damien" had. The other was for a gravid red-tail that he was interested in trading for ball pythons. The reason I responded to this add is because I thought it was set up similar to Mike Marshall, the guy who scammed Jeff and I. I was surprised when it didn't come back registered to Mike, but instead "Damien". The add was set up the same as Mikes, always stating "Ship in the USA" or "Ship nation wide", rarely giving a city and state. See Jeffs thread on Happy Herps. If you sent to Tenn. then it's the same guy....Tony

Old 10-05-2003, 03:30 PM   #5
HerpVenue
You know,
This really makes me mad.

Someone once said do not post on a bad guy thread that does not concer you.

Well in my opinion.......bad guys concern all of us.

Take Jeff here for example. (and a million others like him)
Thanks to the bad guys. He and a million others will no longer buy from no names. And I do not balme him one bit.

But the honest no name people get ripped off indirectly by the no name scamers.

Like I always say. My honest guy competition are NOT competition. They are friends.

Me and my honest guy "competition" have the same kind of snakes for sale.
So a guy buys from my "competition". Do I lose a sale? NO. Because my "competition" will have treated him or her real good. And that guy will continue to buy from the internet and no names like me in the future. So basically thanks to my honest guy "competition"/ friend I got a future customer

My only real competition are the bad guys. If that same guy buys from the bad guy......not only do I lose present sale because they bought off him instead. I also lose future sales because that guy will get ripped and never ever again buy from no names. So I lose present and future customers.

Bad guys are bad for EVERYONE.

Old 10-06-2003, 02:24 AM   #6
geckosunlimited
excellent point!

"Like I always say. My honest guy competition are NOT competition. They are friends."

I agree! The good guys in this "business" help each other out, and the bad guys often scare potential customers away for good. When I was scammed out of thousands in '95, I walked away from the reptile industry for a couple of years.

Old 10-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #7
CMGREPTILES
CMG REPTILES

WELL I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO GET SCREWED BY THIS GUY. I WATCH WHAT IS BEING SOLD AND I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH WHAT THIS GUY WAS SELLING. IT SHOULDNT BE THE NO NAME PEOPLE YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT ITS THE PEOPLE THAT CANT GIVE VERIFIABLE INFO ON THEMSELVES YOU HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT. IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE WELL YOU ALL KNOW THE REST OF THAT ONE. JUST REMEMBER WHEN YOU TREAT A PERSON GOOD THEY TELL 10 PEOPLE BUT WHEN YOU SCREW SOMEBODY OVER THEY TELL 100 PEOPLE SO TELL ANYONE YOU CAN BECAUSE ITS THE PEOPLE THAT ARE OUT FOR THE QUICK SCREW THAT ARE RUINING THIS FORUM OF THE SALE OF REPTILES ONLINE. AND THE SAD PART IS THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT ARE SELLING STUFF RIGHT NOW AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN ONCE IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL. AND THAT REALLY SUCKS. SO THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THIS CLOWN AND I REALLY HOPE NOONE ELSE GETS THE SHAFT BY THIS GUY BUT THE SAD THING IS THEY PROBABLLY WILL. ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP SPREADING THE WORD.
CHRIS
CMG REPTILES

Old 10-06-2003, 06:43 PM   #8
Adam Block
Quote:
Someone once said do not post on a bad guy thread that does not concer you.
Ritchie I would bet money it was I who said that but it's taken out of context in your post.

I meant it towards the people who speculate as to what's going on in a transaction without all the facts. The people who know neither of the parties involved but still insist in giving their $0.02 on the deal. Those who take sides without the facts because the trend seems to be going in that direction.

People who can't spell well get scammed like the rest of us do. My quote was meant to keep those verbally challenged people from being scammed by the articulate because the scammer comes off well. You would have to be blind to not see posts like that.

Like the Carlos Lahitte thread where I'd bet $50,000 he was a victim but due to his poor English was made to feel like he was in the wrong while Don's actions were seemingly acceptable to the majority of the BOI because he wrote well.

In this case, if you know of a scam, by all means, spill your guts and let the world know.

Old 10-06-2003, 06:50 PM   #9
HerpVenue
Quote:
Ritchie I would bet money it was I who said that but it's taken out of context in your post.
Sorry I did not mean to insinuate anything. I honestly do not remember who said that. Actually I think a couple people have said that.

Old 10-06-2003, 06:50 PM   #10
HerpVenue
whoops wrong button.

anyway I understand what you are saying

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!