Info 340 dude, Jabari Walters..be careful. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
dragonluver83
340 dude, Jabari Walters..be careful.

Not to long ago ( a week or two?) Jabari bought a Leatherback from me (bearded dragon) and from the start he has been trying to re-sell it you may have seen the ad

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=252333

Not that I had a problem with him trying to re-sell the dragon, he wouldn't be the first to try and re-sell a animal purchased from me. BUT to start, he had a friend try and sell it. After he had no luck, he tried to sell this dragon. Both used my pics to do so...

Jabari housed this 6 inch baby beardie in a 65 Gal. screen net cage. (the cage was entirely made out of netting) Those who dont know. Netting cages is NOT a sufficient habitat for a baby beardie. And a 65 gal cage, for a 6 inch dragon is WAY to large.

The Actual problem kicked in before I knew there was a problem. On friday June 18th this dragon had stopped eating. ( I will post the e-mail below)

On june 20th Jabari had changed this ad to Trade. He was no longer trying to sell it for 150 plus shipping, but wants to trade this dragon for a adult dragon. But from friday until monday,(time of ad change.. for sale for 150 to trade for adult beardie) he had a dragon that was not eating or thriving right.

Yesterday on june 21st I get a e-mail (the one im going to post) Stating the dragon isnt eating its doing bad. It stopped eating on friday june 18th. (all the while, he is trying to sell it).

Well today it died.... So if you see this ad, OVER LOOK IT! this dragon is dead. Do NOT let him tell you differently!

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jabari Walters <jabariwalters2003@yahoo.com>
> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:16:59
> To: <360player@live.com>
> Subject: Red orange Leatherback poss double het (hypo
> trans)
>
> Hey tom I have an issue with the dragon I bought now when I
> got him ive been feeding him baby crickets and mixed greens
> of turnip greens and yellow squash and he was eating fine
> for the first couple days then on last week friday he just
> stopped and idk what is going on with him right now the last
> time i saw him eat he had 2 pieces of some turnip greens and
> now he just isnt eating anything no greens or live crickets
> nothing and he is starting to lose weight and get skinny I
> can send you pics if you need proof of what is going on but
> I wanted to know your opinion on this situation because I
> would be sad if he died on me please let me know what you
> think is going on and im not trying to screw you over or
> give you a bad rep or anything cuz I love your dragons you
> produce but this guy isnt making any progress everyday he is
> getting worse to me but he still has some decent weight on
> him but idk man please email me whenever you get this ASAP.
>
> Thank You
>
> J

I will more and likely replace this dragon for him, and walk away.

I just wanted others to be aware of what he was doing. If the dragon wasnt thriving right he shouldn't have the dragon up for sale, then try and trade it when it was on its last limb.

The question on my mind is, what IF he sold this animal for 150 and it died on his buyer. What then would the outcome be?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
KelliH
How sad. If I were you I would not replace the dragon. BTW is that the only email/pm you have from the buyer?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
How sad. If I were you I would not replace the dragon. BTW is that the only email/pm you have from the buyer?
He sent me a you tube video of the poor little guy. He was sunk in, in the stomach area.

Then said He knows im not a bad guy and i dont screw people over. blah blah blah I will post it. Im kinda upset about it.

I have the e-mail of the you tube video in my e-mail dont know how to post it. He does use a couple profanity's not towards me, just in general. So it may not be aloud to be made public??? (b.o.i. public) dont want any infractions. .

In times like these it makes sending out another dragon tough, AND he did void his guarantee not once but twice... If he wants to make changes in the dragons environment. Cage size and type. I will send him out one more.

It sucks when you put out money and dont have nothing to show for it.

Even though he was flipping it, now he has nothing and out 120 some dollars. I kinda feel bad.

Jabari's last e-mail to this point

Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:57:25 -0700
Subject: lets work something out ASAP
To: 360player@live.com

Yea he died this morning bro I have proof if you need it I made another video of him for you the cage is a 65 gallon reptarium just a net cage I have had 2 other dragons in there before with no problems and i know you are a good guy and dont screw people over which is why I bought my dragon from you I know you cant leave the crickets in the cage with him or they will start eating his tail etc in the video i explained the temps on the floor are 82 degrees and on top are 100-105 max the distance by measurement is a foot. let me know if you need any visual proof of him i have him wrapped in a napkin dead now just in case you wanted visual proof

The worse thing to do is leave extra food (insect) running around the dragons environment. they eat the dragons poo, and then the dragon eats the cricket. Not a healthy cycle! Also the crickets will eat on the dragon. To many insects in a cage can stress a dragon out. In the wild there food isnt running all around or even all over the dragon.

Get back to me, we will go from there.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
Buy him a plastic animal, then he won't be out anything and another animal won't be put at risk. (just trying to help. lol)

Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
David Scarboro
I know VERY little about dragons, but imo there is no need to replace the dragon.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
I know VERY little about dragons, but imo there is no need to replace the dragon.
Honestly, I know what he was doing isnt right. But thats not my call to make. Im not going to play judge and jury on a deal i wasnt in on. My guarantee says live arrival and four weeks. I will stick to my guarantee. An I feel if i better informed him on his husbandry, the dragon may still be alive? So.........

Dont get me wrong there are stipulations.

Shipping fee is his responsibility.

He will need a proper setup.

This dragon does not come with a guarantee.

This will be his last purchase from me.

i know where you and Kelly are coming from. But I breed them, I dont pay per dragon. I know I have A dragon here I can send.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Honestly, I know what he was doing isnt right. But thats not my call to make. Im not going to play judge and jury on a deal i wasnt in on. My guarantee says live arrival and four weeks. I will stick to my guarantee. An I feel if i better informed him on his husbandry, the dragon may still be alive? So.........

Dont get me wrong there are stipulations.

Shipping fee is his responsibility.

He will need a proper setup.

This dragon does not come with a guarantee.

This will be his last purchase from me.

i know where you and Kelly are coming from. But I breed them, I dont pay per dragon. I know I have A dragon here I can send.
You ARE a good guy and nobody cares what Ed Clark says... Now come on with the Negative Karma Ed!

Old 06-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
Tim Cole
There's NO EXCUSE for not properly caring for any herp that is as common as a Beardie!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
If he was improperly caring for it, even after you told him how to fix the issue with the set up. Then the replacement policy should be null and void. if someone is drunk and tries to hold it and kills it.. would you still replace it? Negligence should not be rewarded (assuming you told him how to fix the caging issues etc).

So, based on what I have read here.. I agree that it should not be replaced.

OH.. and if he were to sell it.. Your guarantee was for HIM.. not for any other hands it exchanged with.. your deal was with HIM.. therefor.. HE would be the one fully out and needing to refund HIS customer at that point.

UGH!!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
NIGRO51
In case it was not done already I just sent him a PM with the link to this thread. I would love to hear what he has to say about everything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jabari walters