Mike Hopcraft AKA thereptileguy.ca Inquiry. - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #181
nat_r
Dave - The BOI is a place for people to ask objective questions to get down to the root of the problem. Its counter productive to tell people to shut up and getting nasty won't help. You have posted your side of the story, let it speak for itself (as it does speak for itself). This is going to be on the BOI forever now and you don't want people who may choose to do business with you in the future to be turned off by a nasty attitude.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #182
Ross Buskard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DKDK
Ross, if you can't drop after what I've said, I will give you a nasty response, i'm not a angel and can be a little demon whenever i want, and i never smelled like roses, i just choose not to do it
do i sound like a happy person to you? or do i sound like a kid that just got ripped off and have some people doubt me through out the entire thread, and if you actually read the whole thing, you would know by now that I posted my side of the story, it's just Mike that's not posting his side of the story, if I can't get anything out of Mike, then it's over, that's what i said
Son, you and your buddy conspired to bring this whole, sordid tale here. I don't know any of the participants from a hole in the wall. All I do know is that the little act at the beginning of this thread doesn't sit right with me. No need for any of that, you should have just presented the facts straight off, not had them "coaxed" from you by a freind who didn't own up to knowing you tiill much later. I would't deal with Mike after what I've read here, but then again I wouldn't deal with you either. I've got three teenaged children and if they started to throw the little hissy fits that you just did, I'd sit them down and straighten them out right quick. You may well be telling the gods truth, but because of the way you've acted I have a hard time believing it's the whole truth.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #183
3DKDK
ok fine, then maybe you should have read a little further, i told people to e-mail me insted, because i no loner do not want to go any further from this point on, but you know what, this is the BOI, and you don't have to deal with me either, i only lose things anyway, and through this trade, i lost more than just a skink

Old 03-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #184
varnyard
Ross, you bet I conspired to bring this scumbag into the light, I guess you think it should still be hidden.

It is funny that you think he should have been over looked and left to his scamming ways. I could really care less what you think about the way it was brought into the light. I will do what it takes to shut down the scum, hows that for an answer?

I guess you think that this scammer somehow deserves respect? No, not one ounce.

I will be an accomplice any day to out a scammer, you can bet your bottom dollar on that one Buskard!!

Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #185
Ross Buskard
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Ross, you bet I conspired to bring this scumbag into the light, I guess you think it should still be hidden.

It is funny that you think he should have been over looked and left to his scamming ways. I could really care less what you think about the way it was brought into the light. I will do what it takes to shut down the scum, hows that for an answer?

I guess you think that this scammer somehow deserves respect? No, not one ounce.

I will be an accomplice any day to out a scammer, you can bet your bottom dollar on that one Buskard!!
I guess you haven't actually bothered to read what I've written. What I said was that your credibility had been lessened by the little act at the beginning of this thread. There was no need for it. The facts would have spoken for themselves. But that combined with your young freinds behaviour has made me doubt that what he is saying is the total truth. As I stated before, I wouldn't do business with Mike, but I don't think we're getting the complete story from Dave either. And you should care about the way it was brought into the light. The vaste majority of the time the BOI boils down to a case of he said, she said. No real proof is ever offered by either side so it all comes down to who sounds the most credible. Foul language, subterfuge and grandstanding all detract from a person’s credibility. And your side is guilty of all three in spades. Does that make your charge false? Not neccesarily, but it does take away a lot of weight from what you've said.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #186
Wolfy-hound
I bet he's adult enough to own the animal. Then why is it suddenly "a child" thoroughout this whole thread?
Why not have him post his complaint to BEGIN with? Why the whole innocent act? Just for more drama?
I'm all for scammers to be exposed. But the "child" bought the animal, and was happy with that purchase, and it's not exactly scamming to pay less than something's worth.
16 is no longer a "child" in my eyes. Legally, if he's old enough to buy it, and old enough to take care of it, then he's old enough to be a "young adult" instead of all this junk about scamming a poor innocent child.
Why not stick to the facts, instead of all the dramatics? Instead it's a million pages of back and forth of dramatics, started by someone with Third Party Information. Ring a bell? Saying that you were just "asking for feedback" on the guy is totally false. You had it all set up from the beginning, and trying to say anything else is a lie. It DOES make you look scheming to have not just been upfront in the beginning.
For the person who "lost" the skink, and gained a columbian tegu instead of the argentine you wanted, I hope you get a argentine tegu and that it's all you hope for. I love tegus and I think you'll be very happy with it(when it's not a angry columbian!). I'm sorry you feel you've had such a bad experiance, and I hope you continue to attend herp shows with opened eyes, and a big more worldly look at the people involved. I also look forward to pics of your new lizard!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #187
varnyard
I find it funny, I mean I could care less what people think about my actions. So what if I set up this thread? So what if Mike somehow got lured into a trap? I do not care.

The fact is he got got caught, and told lie after lie about the whole thing. He ripped off another person, regardless of his age. He lied about a vet, not knowing it was a Colombian, the infection the skink was said to have, and many more lies here. How he got caught matters little, the fact of the matter is, if he would have been honest and legit it would not have happen.

Think about a under cover cop, he buys from a drug dealer. So in your minds the the cop was in the wrong for not telling the dealer he was a cop? Hell No, the dealer was breakling the law, if he was not selling drugs he would not have been busted. Regardless how he got caught, he was breaking the law. Just like Mike was breaking the rules of being a good herper, regardless how he was busted, he was caught. Bottom line, do good business, or be called on your actions.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #188
dragoness_m
just a note to all about what varnyard says "the infection the skink was said to have"if anyone has any Q's about what it looked like. i saw the skink, and i saw it with'in 2days of when mike got it.when i met him to pick up my leopard gecko.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #189
Ross Buskard
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I find it funny, I mean I could care less what people think about my actions. So what if I set up this thread? So what if Mike somehow got lured into a trap? I do not care.

The fact is he got got caught, and told lie after lie about the whole thing. He ripped off another person, regardless of his age. He lied about a vet, not knowing it was a Colombian, the infection the skink was said to have, and many more lies here. How he got caught matters little, the fact of the matter is, if he would have been honest and legit it would not have happen.

Think about a under cover cop, he buys from a drug dealer. So in your minds the the cop was in the wrong for not telling the dealer he was a cop? Hell No, the dealer was breakling the law, if he was not selling drugs he would not have been busted. Regardless how he got caught, he was breaking the law. Just like Mike was breaking the rules of being a good herper, regardless how he was busted, he was caught. Bottom line, do good business, or be called on your actions.
I don't know what you consider proof. All I've seen are some cut and pastes of messages that could have been altered and second hand information being stated as fact. Not that this is any different from most posts on the BOI. Thats why how you present yourself on here goes a long way as to whether or not you are believed. Once the crowd smells blood on this forum, most people start piling on regardless of facts.

After all the reading and the back and forth I'm left with the opinion that nether one of the parties in this deal are lilly white. Both Dave and Mike come off looking badly. I wouldn't trust either one of them if it came down to a deal. Thats about all this had accomplished. Both parties look pretty shady. And it's hard to say where truth ends and fiction begins for either story.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #190
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness_m
just a note to all about what varnyard says "the infection the skink was said to have"if anyone has any Q's about what it looked like. i saw the skink, and i saw it with'in 2days of when mike got it.when i met him to pick up my leopard gecko.
Wrong, thats what Mike said his vet said when he took it in to see them. Only thing is, it was a lie, he never took it to the vet. Lets keep the story straight, shall we?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!