Mike Hopcraft AKA thereptileguy.ca Inquiry. - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #191
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Buskard
I don't know what you consider proof. All I've seen are some cut and pastes of messages that could have been altered and second hand information being stated as fact. Not that this is any different from most posts on the BOI. Thats why how you present yourself on here goes a long way as to whether or not you are believed. Once the crowd smells blood on this forum, most people start piling on regardless of facts.

After all the reading and the back and forth I'm left with the opinion that nether one of the parties in this deal are lilly white. Both Dave and Mike come off looking badly. I wouldn't trust either one of them if it came down to a deal. Thats about all this had accomplished. Both parties look pretty shady. And it's hard to say where truth ends and fiction begins for either story.
Well Ross, you claim that David is not telling the truth, do you care to shed some light on that? I mean, you keep saying that, care to let the rest of us in on that?

Old 03-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #192
dragoness_m
[quote=varnyard]I find it funny, I mean I could care less what people think about my actions. So what if I set up this thread? So what if Mike somehow got lured into a trap? I do not care.

The fact is he got got caught, and told lie after lie about the whole thing. He ripped off another person, regardless of his age. He lied about a vet, not knowing it was a Colombian, the infection the skink was said to have, and many more lies here. How he got caught matters little, the fact of the matter is, if he would have been honest and legit it would not have happen.

..and mike did not lie about the infection the skink had because i SAW it.and mike did not have it 48 hours before i saw the monkey tail skink.the pics that were dans(posted)of the skink before.(3 photos)the last 2 do look like the one i saw,but photo 1..does not look like it at all.it looks like a total different one.it does not show the green at all like the other 2 photos.and that photo would be the "side"of the mouth that had the large lump.so its weird why that 1 photo would look like a different skink.all said and done..the skink i saw did have a very large lump on the bottom lip area on it's left side..about the size of a little smaller then a golfball.so mike did not lie about an infection that the skink had.maybe the wording was wrong with the vet..people can talk with vets and get very great info with out having to show them..i do it all the time with my vet...she does not always have time to see me on a dime when i just have some Q'S..so she calls me or i call her,and talk about what is going on with the animal.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #193
Ross Buskard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DKDK
btw people, forget all this Mike Hopcraft bullcrap, we all know that he's a dick and I thought everybody would knew by now, but it looks like people here just won't drop it
People that have supported me, thank you for supporting me, and taking your time to listen to both of our sides of the story
Everybody else that won't drop this, just shut up and leave, you sound more phatic than the man that lied to me, threatened me, swore at me, took my skink, etc
If anybody that still supports Mike, e-mail me, and I will respond back, there is no reason why this should have gone this far, that includes you Terry
Varnyard, you just don't get it. There is no "Hard Core" proof for either side in this debate. it's all hearsay and innuendo. Neither side has produced anything concrete. In a case like this it all comes down to who you think is trustworthy. The above quote tells me all I need to know about Dave. Do I think he's told a portion of the truth? Yes. The whole truth? No. Does that make Mike a good guy? No. Does that make Dave a bad guy? quite possibly. I can't say it any more clearly than that. If you guys wouldn't have put on a play at the start of this and if Dave hadn't had a melt down, your side would have looked a lot better. As it is, in the absense of any real proof, I say both sides look pretty bad.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #194
nat_r
Mike stated to me that he had taken the skink to the vet, he even made some comment about the cost (something to the affect that yes it costs a bit but that it is something standard that he does with his animals). He also said that he had urged Dave to start doing the same with his animals as it was something that should be done regularly.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #195
Wolfy-hound
What proof did you have to begin with?
What proof does the "child" have to show?
Why is it that you can say stuff without proof?
Again, I'm all for outing scammers, but HOW you do it IS important. I can go breka into someone's house, root through all their stuff to find ANYTHING that might be illegil, and it's STILL wrong of me to break into the house to begin with.
Being untruthful to begin with makes the whole thread look worthless. Being a MOD and doing that sort of thing makes the SITE look bad.
But then you couldn't care less, so I guess no one else should have any other opinion.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #196
grandmagreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness_m
.so mike did not lie about an infection that the skink had.maybe the wording was wrong with the vet..people can talk with vets and get very great info with out having to show them..i do it all the time with my vet...she does not always have time to see me on a dime when i just have some Q'S..so she calls me or i call her,and talk about what is going on with the animal.
Below is an email that Mike sent to Dave, stating that he indeed took the skink to a vet. The "wording" seems pretty clear to me.
Quote:
Mike: The tegu i traded you was given to me as an argentine tegu. I also looked on line quickly before i e-mailed you and the site i looked at identified it as an argentine. If you had any doubt as to what it was, you could have backed out of the trade at any time. In my mind, you need to do more research before you further your reptile hobby as your animals are not healthy due to improper care. I highly doubt that you are actually going to take your tegu into a vet but you need to do so and start looking after it properly. The skink should have been in a cage 3 times the size of the one you had it in it also had a small bulge on it's side and when i took it to the vet on saturday i was told it was the beginning of an intestinal tract infection due to it's improper diet which consisted of mainly fruits.(an all fruit diet is too high in sugar and will eventually kill most lizards).
The trade has been done, you told me you saw the picture on my website, you saw it in person and you still accepted it so he is now yours and the trade is done.

Mike

Old 03-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #197
Ross Buskard
PS
When someone says the following "If anybody that still supports Mike, e-mail me, and I will respond back" it raises alarm bells as well. Why try and make any of the responses secret and offline. Dave should at least have the guts to say it out front after everything else he's said.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #198
3DKDK
ok, ya know what, if you continue to ask me, i will not do anything about it, but since i'm not the kind of guy like Mike is, I will answer the questions
some low-life here that is supposed to be Mike's friend said that the pictures do not match the animal at all, are you saying that I had enough money to buy two of these animals? neither did i have two monkey tail skinks, what proof do you have that i had two skinks, and one is indeed infected, or is just starting to develop infection? who was the young lady next to Mike when he came over for the trade? she was the only one there besides me and Mike when the trade happened, I'm a 16 year old that's just trying to get some awesome reptiles to look after, is that so hard to understand?
and no, there will be no new tegu or any other lizard, i cannot afford to drive to the airport to pick it up and come back, my parents do not agree with me having another reptile again, after this happened, i see it as a good experience, this is all part of life, but some people here are just making this into a bad experience

Old 03-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #199
3DKDK
MIKE, MIKE POST YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY, THIS HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH, I'VE POSTED MINE, IT'S TIME TO POST YOURS, THIS WILL MAKE A WHOLE LOT MORE SENSE IF YOU AT LEAST SHOW THE E-MAILS THAT I'VE SENT YOU, YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T BE HIDING LIKE THIS FOREVER YOU KNOW, IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU START TO LOOK FOR A NEW JOB AFTER THIS, WE BOTH HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, BUT HOW IS IT THAT YOU LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING HERE, AND MOVE ON WITH PEOPLE DOUBTING YOU LIKE THIS? FOR THE FIRST TIME, I'M ACTUALLY BEGGING A PERSON LIKE YOU TO POST YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY, AND THIS TIME, TELL THE TRUTH

Old 03-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #200
nat_r
Dave, couldn't you post the conversation between you and Mike in its completeness? That way it will be clear no prob and you don't have to wait for Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!