Larry Bowman of IMG (islandmarblegranite@comcast.net) BAD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
jimfmcdonald
Warning! Larry Bowman of IMG (islandmarblegranite@comcast.net) BAD GUY

I made the mistake of sending this guy snakes before i got paid in full. Bad Move! he ripped me of and will not call or email me back. here are the email, let me know what I did wrong her? remember to start reading from the bottom!

ps this is my first bad guy post!!!

JIM

Any chance your going to pay me?

-------Original Message-------

From: James McDonald Date: 12/13/2007 6:03:31 PM To: IMG Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

I suppose you were just trying to get me off your back for a while ?

Its now been two weeks again and no payment yet. I still don't understand why you would do this? If I have done you wrong or been anything but fair and patient with you just let me know what I have done to make you treat me like this? I have trusted you several times now to just pay me for the snakes you wanted and I don't know why you refuse to pay for them. As I see it you have snakes that need to be paid for or just send them back. Please do the right thing ASAP as I really don't want this to escalate to the next level. If something is not done about this within one more week from today I will just call it a loss on my part but I'm sure you will not be happy with the final out come. Please please finish this and lets move on!!

Sincerely,

Jim McDonald

From: James McDonald Date: 11/29/2007 7:50:01 PM To: img Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

If that's what you would like to do then that would be fine with me.

From: img Date: 11/29/2007 7:17:08 PM To: James McDonald Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

YOUR RIGHT JIM I DON'T WANT TO GO ON ANY MORE WITH THIS CAN I SEND THE REMAINING BALANCE MONDAY AN CALL IT EVEN I WILL TAKE THE 2 MALES AND SALE ONE TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS IT . AND HOPEFULY BE ABALE TO GET A FEMALE LATER . THEY ARE BOTH EATING REALLY WELL AND SEEM TO BE GROWING PRETTY FAST LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS OK

----- Original Message -----

To: img

Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:56 PM

Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

Wow I don't know were to start.. You mussed be crazy !

First off if in fact you do have to males then I may have made a mistake in the sexing as they are a bit hard to sex when they are so small which would make me question whom ever else you had sex them as well but never the less I am by far the easiest person to deal with and all you would need to do would be to let me know if there was a issue of their sex and as I have already told you I am always happy to fix the matter ASAP. As for two males doing you no good then neither would one male so why would you just keep one unless you know that it is a female and you are trying to get out of this with only paying the male price and getting a female. As for me needing money, that just makes no since at all when I am trying to get you to just send me back both snakes and give you back your money of witch you seem to be having a hard time coming up with on your end !! And just to refresh you memory you stated in your first email (below) that you would send the second payment a week later.. Didn't happen !! Then over a month latter you wrote: (hey Jim I got my final check . I will be sending you the balance owed tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay .) didn't happen !! You must be the one with money problems because now its been almost two months and you still need more time to send the money you owe me.

Please save your self some money and just send me back both snakes and I will send you back your money. Its just that easy, why go on and on?

Jim

PS you can call me now if you like.

From: img Date: 11/29/2007 5:50:59 AM To: James McDonald Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

Well to be honest with you I left the sexing part up to you . And then I had them sexed by 2 different people in the industry that are well known and they both came up with males so I quess the bottom line is you don't know how to sex snakes and your saleing snakes as pairs and then just sending what ever you have available . And as I said I would send the amount we agreed on from the start I'm not trying to make myself out to be right and I am not saying your not getting your final payment which should be $ 130.00 if you go by your ad but I'm not . I am just letting you know what you are doing to people that work hard for their money and exspect to get what they paid for not what you just want to put in the box to fill the order . You know if there was anyone I trusted and looked up to on kingsnake it was you but now i don't know what to say . i quess you need money real bad or something . i don't know . i know times are bad for the construction industry .anyway if you want to talk . let me know what time to call you we are 3 hours ahead and we will come to an agreement one way or another . if you want the extra male that's fine or if you want to wait alittle bit longer i will send you your cash . it is your call because like i said 2 males don't do me any good and they are 2 males i.

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:32 PM

Your wife never said anything about waiting for a balance to be paid on a job!! She told me she would get the payment sent out at the end of the week or in a few days or something like that. That's why I like email so you cant change thing around to make yourself out to look like the good guy in this. Also I'm sure if I would have sent you to males then you would have let me know about it by now and I would have replaced one or refunded you the difference or what ever would have made things right for you. But once again I'm sure that's not the case and you are just trying to make thing look like I'm some how at fault. I have every email from you and I'm sure every one that sees them will agree that I have been ripped of by you and you are just trying to help your cause but its not going to happen for you. Its just a shame that you are bringing it to this! As I said you can call me and we can get things cleared up much faster so it doesn't get any worse but that would be up to you as I don't have your number..

Also at any time you can send me both snakes back and I would be happy to send you back the money you sent me so far. I would really rather you not have any of my snakes as it just associates as to each other and I would rather not have that. Let me know what you would like to do at this point? Jim

From: img Date: 11/28/2007 7:44:59 PM To: James McDonald Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

no responce ? i thought my wife called you personally and talked to you personally . isn't that a responce .i believe she told you we were waiting for a balance to be paid on a job .and she would let you know when we would send it .you were the one who insisted on sending both snakes at once so you didn't have to pay shipping twice and you even took off 20.00 if i agreed on it .i will send that email to refresh your memory.also considering the fact that i ordered a pair and got 2 males doesn't do me any good .but you don't see me threatening you about that do you .anyway you have about another week of waiting . so do what you got to do and contact everyone on kingsnake that you need to and i will respond to your bs . and send it to collections that's the first time i have heard that one . are you a business ?? and what was the price of 2 males ?400.00 not feeding and i sent 250.00 minus the 20.00 discount so that means i would owe you $130.00 with the way you are advertiseing for males. but see i am not like that i will send what i said i would send even know you didn't... anyway i will leave it at that and contact you like we said we would when we send it ----- Original Message -----

To: IMG

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:42 PM

Still no payment and no reply to my last email. Not sure what the problem is but I don't think I care to continue dealing with this much longer and wasting my time sending email to you that get no responds. Next week I will be turning this over to a collection agency and starting to contact other people in the reptile business to let them know you are not good to deal with.

JIM

From: James McDonald Date: 11/25/2007 10:17:40 AM To: IMG Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

It was good to talk to your wife on the phone to let me know what was going on. I don't mean to sound harsh but if I don't have some communication then all I can assume is that you are not willing to deal with the situation any longer. I don't recall the date your wife said she was sending out the payment but as of today I have not received it. Please respond and let me know when it should be here. Thanks.

Jim

From: James McDonald Date: 11/18/2007 9:38:51 AM To: IMG Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

Are you really going to mess up your reputation and credit over not paying 250.00 ?

I told people you were ok to deal with and that I have only had good dealings with you.

But all that will be changed if I don't get paid by this week. Please do the right thing ASAP so this does not get to be a big mess!!

Jim -------Original Message-------

From: James McDonald Date: 11/8/2007 6:23:42 PM To: img Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

Sounds good Larry, let me know when its on its way. I do have a few more at that price range so let me know when you send the funds if you are sending the other payment as well and I will hold on to a pair for you. Thanks.

Jim

From: img Date: 11/8/2007 2:58:18 PM To: Jim McDonald Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

hey jim i got my final check . i will be sending you the balance owed tomorrow afternoon. sorry for the delay . do you have another pair available at that price if so let me know so i can send half the money again . thanks larry

To: islandmarblegranite@comcast.net

Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 10:03 AM

Sounds good Larry, but the shipping is going to kill me! If its ok with you could we ship them both at the same time? I will take off another 20.00 for you if we can do it that way so I don't have to pay the 50.00 to 60.00 for the second shipment a week latter. Or better still if you can send me half of the total payment (250.00) I would trust you to send the other 250.00 the next week and I would ship both snakes in the first shipment ! Let me know if that will work? Thanks.

From: islandmarblegranite@comcast.net Date: 10/06/07 14:06:17 To: james5704@ca.rr.com Subject: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

hi jim well i quess i will take a pair of the not yet feeding ones and if you don't mind i will buy the male first and you can send him and the female a week later if this works for you please send me your address and i will send the 200 for the male in a money order thanks larry

From: img Date: 11/28/2007 7:44:59 PM To: James McDonald Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

no responce ? i thought my wife called you personally and talked to you personally . isn't that a responce .i believe she told you we were waiting for a balance to be paid on a job .and she would let you know when we would send it .you were the one who insisted on sending both snakes at once so you didn't have to pay shipping twice and you even took off 20.00 if i agreed on it .i will send that email to refresh your memory.also considering the fact that i ordered a pair and got 2 males doesn't do me any good .but you don't see me threatening you about that do you .anyway you have about another week of waiting . so do what you got to do and contact everyone on kingsnake that you need to and i will respond to your bs . and send it to collections that's the first time i have heard that one . are you a business ?? and what was the price of 2 males ?400.00 not feeding and i sent 250.00 minus the 20.00 discount so that means i would owe you $130.00 with the way you are advertiseing for males. but see i am not like that i will send what i said i would send even know you didn't... anyway i will leave it at that and contact you like we said we would when we send it ----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:42 PM

Still no payment and no reply to my last email. Not sure what the problem is but I don't think I care to continue dealing with this much longer and wasting my time sending email to you that get no responds. Next week I will be turning this over to a collection agency and starting to contact other people in the reptile business to let them know you are not good to deal with.

JIM

From: James McDonald Date: 11/25/2007 10:17:40 AM To: IMG Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

It was good to talk to your wife on the phone to let me know what was going on. I don't mean to sound harsh but if I don't have some communication then all I can assume is that you are not willing to deal with the situation any longer. I don't recall the date your wife said she was sending out the payment but as of today I have not received it. Please respond and let me know when it should be here. Thanks.

Jim

From: James McDonald Date: 11/18/2007 9:38:51 AM To: IMG Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

Are you really going to mess up your reputation and credit over not paying 250.00 ?

I told people you were ok to deal with and that I have only had good dealings with you.

But all that will be changed if I don't get paid by this week. Please do the right thing ASAP so this does not get to be a big mess!!

Jim -------Original Message-------

From: James McDonald Date: 11/8/2007 6:23:42 PM To: img Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

Sounds good Larry, let me know when its on its way. I do have a few more at that price range so let me know when you send the funds if you are sending the other payment as well and I will hold on to a pair for you. Thanks.

Jim

From: img Date: 11/8/2007 2:58:18 PM To: Jim McDonald Subject: Re: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

hey jim i got my final check . i will be sending you the balance owed tomorrow afternoon. sorry for the delay . do you have another pair available at that price if so let me know so i can send half the money again . thanks larry

Hi Larry, did you get the payment sent out yet?
Thanks.

Jim

Date: 10/23/2007 5:48:29 PM

That's great news Larry, thanks for the update...

Jim

Date: 10/23/2007 5:43:40 PM
To: Jim McDonald

Hi Jim , sorry for the delay I am just about finished with a big granite job and I am about to collect my final balance on it by Friday so I will get it out Saturday or no later than Monday and as I said I wanted to send another deposit on another pair . Just to let you know I am please to say they have both ate for me the darker one ate right out of the box twice ..all I did was scent the pinks with a brown anole and he went crazy on them. He eats every 3 days with no problem the other one took 1 pink scented with an anole later that night and has ate every 3rd day with the other one . It will only eat 1 each time as were the darker one eats 2 every time no problem. So a big thanks to you for such a nice pair anyway hope every thing is ok for you with all the fire stuff going on and I will let you know when I send the other money order thank you Larry
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:20 PM

Hi Larry, just checking to see if you know when you plan to send a payment? Thanks.

Jim

Date: 10/14/2007 1:14:57 PM

No problem Larry, as long as we can work it out the same way that would work out great! After I get the first payment on the second pair we can work out the shipping date ok? Also I got request for a inquiry on you a few days ago and I let them know that I have only had good dealings with you and that they should trust you as well.

Thanks.

Jim

Date: 10/14/2007 12:15:43 PM

Hello Jim . This is Larry I just wanted to say I am very pleased with the snakes you sent to me . I will be sending you the balance next week and I would like to go ahead and purchase another pair so could we do the same deal half up front and the other half a week or two later let me know and I will start getting things in order thanks again Larry

Great news Larry. They are a great snake and I keep them the same as western hognose. Let me know when you are sending the next payment and how you send it. Thanks. And keep me posted on their progress.

Jim

Date: 10/11/2007 2:58:16 PM

hi jim .everything arrived perfect i gave them a drink and settled them in thank you they look awesome . LB

They are on their way. Let me know that they get there in good shape. Thanks.

Jim

Date: 10/9/2007 7:35:40 PM

The tracking number will be: Fed Ex 860004690501

Date: 10/9/2007 7:20:11 PM

thanks for the info jim . here is the address to send them to

larry bowman
307 myrtle dr.
nokomis fla, 34275

sorry i put ave on the fed ex ticket. i was in a hurry but it is drive.. thanks again and i can't wait to see them .larry
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:28 PM

I got the money order Larry. Do you want them shipped to the address on the fed ex ticket? Please confirm the address!! ASAP.
I will get them sent out on Wednesday to get to you on Thursday by 10:30 am your time. I will email you the tracking number tomorrow when they are on their way. Also when you send the next payment you can just send it through the mail and save yourself on the fed ex.

PS These ones some times take the longest to sell but can also be the best deal as well. I have sold more then one pair that did not feed the first few times I tried to feed them but fed just fine for the person that bought them from me. I think some times its just the food or the environment. And for only 500.00 shipping included, That's a great deal even if you do need to get them feeding on their own.
And they all have fed at least one time by holding the dead pinkie mouse up to their nose for a few minutes and then they eat it on their own from there. I have only tried scenting with toes so you might try a frog or fish(tuna). Let me know if you would like more info.

Thanks.

Jim

Date: 10/8/2007 6:01:14 PM

Sounds good Larry, I will let you know when it gets here. Thanks.

Jim

Date: 10/8/2007 2:48:39 PM

HEY JIM , HERE IS YOUR TRACKING NUMBER FOR THE MONEY ORDER YOU WILL HAVE IT TOMORROW SOME TIME . 862923181418 FED EX .... SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOU CAN SHIP THEM WEDNESDAY FOR THURSDAY DELIVERY SOMEONE WILL BE HERE LET ME KNOW IF THAT WORKS FOR YOU THANKS AGAIN LARRY

To: islandmarblegranite@comcast.net

Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 10:03 AM

Sounds good Larry, but the shipping is going to kill me! If its ok with you could we ship them both at the same time? I will take off another 20.00 for you if we can do it that way so I don't have to pay the 50.00 to 60.00 for the second shipment a week latter. Or better still if you can send me half of the total payment (250.00) I would trust you to send the other 250.00 the next week and I would ship both snakes in the first shipment ! Let me know if that will work? Thanks.

From: islandmarblegranite@comcast.net Date: 10/06/07 14:06:17 To: james5704@ca.rr.com Subject: Message about: Dorbignyi Tri-Color Hognose

hi jim well i quess i will take a pair of the not yet feeding ones and if you don't mind i will buy the male first and you can send him and the female a week later if this works for you please send me your address and i will send the 200 for the male in a money order thanks larry

Old 12-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
ravensgait
Jim that does suck!!! did you send him an email informing him of this thread? if not you should .. Randy

Old 12-28-2007, 04:25 AM   #3
hgrub
Jim, this is T from Thailand

It's suck this thing happen to an honest guy like you Jim. Hope you get your money back. I was in this situation and I didn't get my money back.

I was also in the situation that seller send me wrong sex animal, what I did was asking seller to sell me correct sex next time with a little discount which it worked out for both of us.

Anyway, good luck Jim.
T

FYI: I've bought several tri-color hognose snakes from Jim in the past year. I never have problem with his animals, they're correct sex and eatting like crazy just like he told me before I got them. Jim is an honest guy in my book.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 AM   #4
hgrub
Actually in my above post

I'm not saying that Jim did send wrong sex of animals. We would never know, but my point is that not sending money is not the right thing the buyer does if the seller does send animals that buyer doesn't agree to.

My English sucks.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
jimfmcdonald
I noticed that L Bowman is trying to ripp off some more people by selling them tri-color Hognose snakes on the Kingsnake classifieds that he most likely does not even have! so I gave him a chance to work out a deal with me but as i thought he has no intention of working anything out! here is the new email to and from him. what a joke!!

JIM

What ever Larry, I has just trying to help you out.
I just noticed on the Fauna Classifieds BOI that Im not the only one that you have had problems with ! Or should I say that you have Ripped off !
I have started my own Bad Guy post about you on there as well to let others know how you do your dirty work. Hopefully that is why your not doing so well on your sells. Its only going to get harder for you to sell things in the reptile would when you get this Rep for ripping people off. Im sure there have been many other people that have had this happen to them by you that just have not bothered or not been able to let others know about it. Well im not one of them so people will be informed about you from this reptile breeder. Its just to bad people like you fill your reputation is not worth 230.00 bucks. THAT'S JUST PLAIN DUMB.

Bad Luck to you!
JIM

Date: 12/30/07 06:13:45
To: james5704@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Message about: extra large tri-color hognose .priced cheap !

yeah i will get right on it . or how about you send me the last 6
dorbigniyi that you think are pairs ?? . and i will send you the giant
tricolor and the other three advertised
To: <islandmarblegranite@comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:39 PM
Subject: Message about: extra large tri-color hognose .priced cheap !

> *************
> NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds.
> If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to
> classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
> NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive
> legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised
> *************
>
> Hay Larry why dont you just send me this big female tri-color hog and
> maybe a few other females just for my trubles and call it even?

Old 12-31-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
hhmoore
Currently advertised on KS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBowman's ad
these were sold and advertised to me falsely as a pair from jim mc donald and what i got for my money was 2 males instead so i am letting them go because as you know you can't breed 2 males together and they are worthless to me they are now feeding on scented pinks going for the great price of $ 450.00 each shipped ( 2 available ) money order or credit card only. no paypal and or trades at this time

proceeds go to the jim mc donald fund for research on sexing snakes
Quote:
we have a very nice proven pair of adults that are around the 20 inch plus range . the male is in the first pic alone .. they both feed on hopper size mice every 10 to 12 days . they are going for the low price of $ 445.00 shipped money order or credit card only ..no paypal or trades at this time .. we are cutting our tri-color hognose collection in half and will be getting rid of 2 males and 5 females .. here is your chance to get a nice pair at a very nice price

proceeds go to the jim mcdonald fund !!
Quote:
3-females available around 20 inches long and all proven breeders they are priced at $ 250.00 shipped each !!or $ 600.00 shipped for all three . money order or credit card only ... no paypal --or trades .. they are all feeding on small hopper size mice live or f/t.

proceeds go to the jim mcdonald fund .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McDonald's ad
These snakes were produced by me unlike the ones being sold in the add below that were stolen from me and are now trying to be sold!!
These snakes are just as easy to care for as western hognose and are set up the same way.
I have 1.2 that are now about 5 months old. all of them are feeding well on f/t (unscented)pinkies. Females are $600.00 each. Males $400.00 each. $900.00 pair.
(sorry, but I omitted Jim's TOS statement to keep my post relatively compact)

I'm at work & can't save/post screen shots...but apparently KS is becoming a bit lax in their policies to allow that

Old 12-31-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
brodie691
I had my concerns too......

with L. Bowman when i was interested in buying a pair of persian ratsnakes off him back about 3 months or so ago.
He just gave me a bad vibe, and all that i could find on him seemed to be more negative then positive results.
I even inquired to (jim) the original poster of this topic about Mr. Bowman as Larry had stated that he had sold to Jim before (which i do not think was true).
I opted to just keep my money, and suppose that now i did the absolute right thing by more or less "flaking out" on that deal which i NEVER do.
his e:mails just made me totally uncomfortable. Jim i hope that you get your money, or animals back from this lowlife!

matthew watkins

Old 12-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #8
John E Dove
To their credit I see that KS has taken down all three of this clowns ads.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!