Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
homegrownherps
Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx.

In the process of a trade that looks like it going to go bad, any new info on him would be appreciated.

Bob Sloan
Alterna Ranch
Del Rio, Texas 78840

I did scan through some of the older posts about him, and it looks like I may be lucky enough to dodge a bullet here.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
In the process of a trade that looks like it going to go bad, any new info on him would be appreciated.

Bob Sloan
Alterna Ranch
Del Rio, Texas 78840

I did scan through some of the older posts about him, and it looks like I may be lucky enough to dodge a bullet here.
Run, hide and thank your lucky stars Jim. Nobody does an about face from that much bad karma.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Run, hide and thank your lucky stars Jim. Nobody does an about face from that much bad karma.

Thanks John...I'm telling you , the planets must be out of alignment today.
But, I promised ...no more calls (today).

Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
homegrownherps
Well , I guess I sorta dodged the bull with this guy, I didn't lose anything but I guess I will still have to deal with his dumb .

Need some input ;
He sent me a snake (that is supposed to be delivered sometime today 7-11-07) he sent it w/o getting a confirmation from to to ship. He sent it C.O.D. (it was to be part of a trade for some of my stock). I don't want this snake as I don't want to deal with this guy. I am already starting to build a nice little collection of threatening/bully emails from him.

Anyway, I will have to pay for this snake to complete the delivery, I don't want to refuse it because I am sure the snake would not survive the return trip. What I plan to do,is accept the box and ship the snake back on my regular shipping day next week. Also there is to be a $50.00 M.O. in the box as part of the trade, I planned to use it to cover the cost of shipping back to him. And he has already stated the he would refuse shipment if I sent his snake back.

I don't want the snake to suffer from his stupidity.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Keith Northrop
Unhappy Tell Sloan I'll Cut his A-hole Out....Haha

Dude......I've met some Low-Life forms....Slugs...Slim....Nemitoads.....This
guy is Lower than a Snake Belly......In China! ....... If you want details you
know where I can be found.....Does Anybody have a pic of this Guy?

Later....and Good Luck

P.S. Watch Out I Think He is Setting you up to Have you Ripped Off!!!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
homegrownherps
I have got a nice little collection of his typical threatenings emails going...the ones that contain death threats, a destruction of property. So I went ahead contacted the local authority.

I will keep you all posted.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
Keith Northrop
Talking Hey...BobAsseto....Sloan....

I know we went thru this already....But now I know.....Assetto our resent conversation? Is there more than 2 Bob Assetto's? HaHa.....

Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
bobassetto
Stop!

just......WOW.......

Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
Keith Northrop
Talking Insert Foot in Mouth.....Haha

Damn.....Will the Real Bob Assetto Please Stand up...HaHa...I will make a second apology to Bob....I can't believe how upset and temporarily insane I get ............(Haha...Not Hard for me)......when I think someone is Bob Sloan.........And to think I already accused you of Being him once already..........Damn....I feel like choking him......(120 over 80)......What a
waste of air......(130/80)..........Bob Sloan.....(140/90)........POP......HaHa

Piece of Mind.....Later

Old 07-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
homegrownherps
Well, here is the latest email from Bob;

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: HomeGrownHerps
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Re: speckled patternless bullsnakes

JIm

Clearly you are a total idiot as I thought. You are also a lousy reptile dealer. You seldom answer your e-mails, you run ads offering trades but never respond when contacted about them and then you back out when it comes time to deal. You are a FUCKUP !

You agrreed toi the trade. There is nothing wrong with the greeri I sent to you. She is flawless and exactly what I told you she is. She feeds voraciously every time offered.

YOU made the mistake by not answering me on the shipping qiestion and now to cover your own ass, you want to back out of the deal. That is fine with me because I do not want to deal with a dumbass like you anyway. You have three options:

1.) Ship the bullsnakes with the charges due to me.

2.) Return the greeri and my $50 at YOUR expense - you made the decision and MISTAKE - not ME.

3.) Pay me $150 for the greeri and return my $50 cash I sent as part of the deal.

You can sit there in Florida and think I will never be there or see you in person, Many others have thought the same thing. They were WRONG and so are you. It might be tomorrow, next week or next year, BUT REST ASSURED - you and I will have a face to face if you rip me off on this deal. And you will loose 100 times what you think you may have gained. Once you have lost EVERYTHING - you will wish you had just decided NOT to fuck me. I will take everything you own and care about and there is not one motherfucking thing you can do about it until AFTER you'vre lost it all. By the end of today I will know where you live, the license plate numbers of your vehicles, the names of the people living in your house, where you work., your credit background and you criminal history. I will also file a civil suit here in Texas and it will go onto your credit report with either TransAmerica and Experian because I have accounts with both. At the very least I will win the civil suit because you WILL NOT show up here in Texas to defend it. I will get a judgement and file it with all the credit reporting agencies. Both are nation wide. I also have many friends in the Jacksonville area and will have a picture of your house by the end of this week. You've got 48 hours to complete this deal or life as you know it will turn to shit real soon. Bank on it pal.
And my response was this;

Here's the reality of it, not the fantasy game your rolling around in your head;

I contacted the local P.D. in your area as well as mine.
Charges have been filed, against you for the threats you have made.
The emails containing those threats have been printed and given to the police.

Now with that said, here is what needs to take place for this transaction to be complete.
When and if they snake gets delivered, I will set it up and give it water.
You will NOT be getting any snakes from me, and you will not be getting any money from me.
If you want this snake back, you will have to send me money to cover the shipping cost (postal money order only).
I charge a flat rate of $50.00
You will also have to re-reimburse me for the total I will have to pay when the delivery is made.
There will also be a $3.00 per week feed/maintenance fee added the total, so take your time.
If it does not get resolved in a timely manner, the snake will be sold to recover my lost expenses.

When (and only when) that money is paid, I will then return the snake you shipped out to me with out getting
a shipping confirmation before doing so, from me.

Thank You
Jim Keenan
Visit our website for Pictures, Prices and Availability!
www.HomeGrownHerps.com
Check Out The Pituophis Photo Contest
www.homegrownherps.com/pituophisforums