Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #71
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Undoubtedly the best course of action all around Jim. Cut the cord on this transaction and don't give him any room to say anything about the returned animals.
Yup. Clearly this guy is either a true psycho or just full of crap. Either way I'd just pay and be done with it. He's not worth the headache.

Oh, and just for the record; we're not all backwards, stupid, and crazy like this guy in TX.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #72
cahrens
Well it seems to me that paying him will only encourage him. Since you're both going to be in Daytona then why not just give him the snake there? There will be plenty of people to verify the condition of the animal and to witness the return. Why should you be out any money when he sent you the wrong snake? You know he's not going to agree to the reduced amount anyway.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #73
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens
Well it seems to me that paying him will only encourage him. Since you're both going to be in Daytona then why not just give him the snake there? There will be plenty of people to verify the condition of the animal and to witness the return. Why should you be out any money when he sent you the wrong snake? You know he's not going to agree to the reduced amount anyway.

Thats an awesome idea ( I don't know why I didn't think of that ) , I just sent him an email making that offer , that would be great ...then we can take care of both issues, he get his snake and we'll see who's talking sh

Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #74
BryonsBoas
That has to be the most twisted person I've ever seen. All that over a $100 snake.

I tend to agree about the witnesses at Daytona. God only knows the kind of scene he may cause if his nads are as big in person.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #75
Tim Cole
He won't show in Daytona....

He can't afford gas to snake hunt let alone leave the state!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #76
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
He can't afford gas to snake hunt let alone leave the state!

He won't show up in Daytona because half the vendors in the building want to kick his

I wanted to hand deliver the snake to him , but he chickend out.

Gotta love those people who just sit behind their keyboards and try yo screw people.

I didn't send him the money, I decided to send him back his snake instead. I packed in front of the FedEx driver to prove it was put in the box alive. If he wants to pull any after it arrives ...he can take me to court.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:56 AM   #77
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
My last email to him;
I got ripped off BAD for a Bison hunt - bad enough to try and file a claim in small claims court. If I would have taken the guy to court, I would have had to file where HE lives - not where I live. I suspect the same would be true in this case. He would have to take you to court where you are and not where HE is. I mean, it is all bogus, but I just wanted to let you know this.....

I would have sent the animal back via the Val Verde Sherriff's Office since that is where HE claimed they were going to press charges against you. Make him pick it up at the Sherriff's office.

It sucks for the animal, but I would have personally had alabel ready and returned the package unopened right then and there. I'd have lost the $50 to just be done with the deal. Cheap lesson.

Be careful, though, bud. Some of the things you've said could be used in court to show you escalated the situation (instead of doing everything possible to calm down an aggressive situation) IF he ever does try something. Stupid, I know - but that is our court system. AMAZINGLY stupid, but it can actually make you the part to be found in the wrong. If you look it up, you'll see so many cases you'll get sick thinking about what the American court system has become.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #78
homegrownherps
[quote=KJUN]
I would have sent the animal back via the Val Verde Sherriff's Office since that is where HE claimed they were going to press charges against you. Make him pick it up at the Sherriff's office.

It sucks for the animal, but I would have personally had alabel ready and returned the package unopened right then and there. I'd have lost the $50 to just be done with the deal. Cheap lesson.

QUOTE]

I considered that as well, I talked to the P.D. in both Val Verde and Del Rio, they didn't want the snake to be shipped there because the girls at the front desk would have freaked out ....

I was just trying to find my cheapest way out of this, sending the snake back was it, if he doesn't turn around and say it arrived dead. Thats why I packed it up in front of the FedEx driver. And I still fully expect him to say it is dead upon arrival. But ... I really don't care at this point , and I'll just deal with the system if it comes to that.

I have more than enough emails from him to prove his intentions.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #79
Keith Northrop
KJUN....What Planet were you Bison Hunting?

KJUN "Writes"
Be careful, though, bud. Some of the things you've said could be used in court to show you escalated the situation (instead of doing everything possible to calm down an aggressive situation) ???????

This Guy only understands a swift kick to the

When did Sloan start Bison Hunts?? HAHA

Lets take bets on What Bob will say when he gets the snake back....HaHa...............

Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #80
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
I considered that as well, I talked to the P.D. in both Val Verde and Del Rio, they didn't want the snake to be shipped there because the girls at the front desk would have freaked out ....
Amazing how guys that book murderers and rapists worry about a kingsnake, eh? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop
This Guy only understands a swift kick to the HAHA
...but the legal system doesn't.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop
When did Sloan start Bison Hunts?? HAHA
Obviously unrelated, but it was the only reason I know Texas laws on the matter, so I felt it was appropriate to put my reasons in context since it was non-snake related.....otherwise people would have asked what snake deal did I try to bring to court.....lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!