Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #211
Katie.Shinkle
Like Utta said...you don't like it, get out. No one is forcing you to stay.

It's already been explained several times through here that the 'le-way' thing didn't work, and several warnings were given. It is just as easy to inquire on classifieds by utilizing the PM system, or e-mail/phone (if the OP of the ad lists it). Most did not heed the given warnings, therefore Rich had to take the next step.

I really don't understand WHY it's such a big deal that we can't post in the ads? I've never been on a forum where you were allowed to even reply to ads, but had to use the PM system. It helps keep the ads 'cleaner' and a lot easier to navigate through. If you have a question, and I'll say it again, utilize the PM system.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #212
Bsixxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
frankly, if you dont like it Ben, dont use it. use the same door you used to enter, to leave. its not hard.

and they've tried the "le-way" youre talking about. it obviously didnt work to well, otherwise this wouldnt have had to happen.
Quite frankly your attitude in the matter isn't needed.

I had a simple question. overall I think the whole operation of the site needs a second look at. And a better way to enforce the rules other than completly blocking people with uptight moderators! Look at other websites and forums. They are run alot better than this. As for the door, i'm sure you could find it usefull as well sir. You seem to forget that this is the enternet, not real life. We as people choose to sit behind a computer screen with made up identity for a reason. Not everyone is here to spam or cause chaos. I for one don't think it is neccesary to post my actual location to the entire world along with my real full name to post an animal for sale. This is the enternet as I stated before. And you sir don't need to be so dam uptight about a simple issue.

Now good day.
  Received Infraction
Old 06-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #213
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsixxx View Post
You seem to forget that this is the enternet, not real life.
Here is the biggest problem with forums these days. People tend to forget THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! The Internet is not some dream world where we can create a whole new you of make believe. People who use it should be held accountable for how they use it.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #214
Utta
Quote:
+2
The rules laid down on this website about posting and identity are a real issue. Just because a person abbreviates his/her location they get an infraction. i see that as being a bit over the top, if the interested party would like to know where they live, they should post it. but only through private messaging or email etc, not openly all the time for every tom, dick and harry to see. And as for not being able to post in classfeilds over the rediculous infractions make snot only the potential buyer suffer but also the seller.
Might want to think about giving a little more le-way on here. As that might help out a bit with activity and other functions...
Quote:

I had a simple question.
next time you have a question, might wanna use the "?" on your keyboard. because without it, you just look like youre complaining that you dont get your way anymore. perhapse if you were here and paying attention BEFORE this happened, youd understand that it hasnt always been this way.
Quote:
overall I think the whole operation of the site needs a second look at.
and i think you aren't giving Rich enough credit. you think he simply woke up one morning and decided to cut the ability to post in ads? maybe had a cup 'o' joe and talked about it with his wife? a decision as a couple perhaps? or is it more feasible that he considered this for a while, and had enough?
Quote:
And a better way to enforce the rules other than completly blocking people with uptight moderators!
Quote:
Look at other websites and forums. They are run alot better than this.
then go to them and quit bitching here. if this is such a bad site/forum, why are you even bothering with complaining about it? is it MAYBE because you just want to be heard and have your 5 min of fame? wish granted i guess
Quote:
As for the door, i'm sure you could find it usefull as well sir. You seem to forget that this is the enternet, not real life.
no, i know full well this is the "enternet". i think itd be rather difficult to write all this on a post-it and stick it where you can read it. might take two?
Quote:
We as people choose to sit behind a computer screen with made up identity for a reason. Not everyone is here to spam or cause chaos. I for one don't think it is neccesary to post my actual location to the entire world along with my real full name to post an animal for sale.
"we as people" choose to post our real names and locations to show were serious about this site, and this hobby (at least i do) if you want to use a made up identity, then go play an MMORPG or something. not be a part of a forum. your information is fallacy? shows your true character.
Quote:
This is the enternet as I stated before. And you sir don't need to be so dam uptight about a simple issue.

Now good day.
you lying about your name and location is a simply issue that no one needs to worry about? oh ok. didnt know that wasnt an issue

is it good day? because it says youre in cali, and its 3:06 AM here. i know. im ACTUALLY in cali.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #215
WebSlave
Quote:

I had a simple question. overall I think the whole operation of the site needs a second look at. And a better way to enforce the rules other than completly blocking people with uptight moderators! Look at other websites and forums. They are run alot better than this. As for the door, i'm sure you could find it usefull as well sir. You seem to forget that this is the enternet, not real life. We as people choose to sit behind a computer screen with made up identity for a reason. Not everyone is here to spam or cause chaos. I for one don't think it is neccesary to post my actual location to the entire world along with my real full name to post an animal for sale. This is the enternet as I stated before. And you sir don't need to be so dam uptight about a simple issue.

Now good day.
OK, so what criteria is used to determine how a site is run? What do you use as a yardstick for that measurement? Merely what you LIKE?

If it is merely your own personal OPINION, then unless this is supported by a majority, then perhaps YOU are just not in synch with the majority with your opinion. In every determination of any rating system on how well a website (and in particular, message board systems) traffic and membership totals are the primary criteria that is used to determine how well they are doing. Taking a look at the stats here compared to all those "other sites", any rational person would have to admit that this site isn't doing half bad. Numbers tell the story, not what a few in a minority position THINK about the situation.

It may just very well be that THIS site is not for YOU. It happens. I'll survive it. Hopefully you will too.

Also, I assume from your statements that you are using a false name and false location in your profile here. Sorry, but you cannot remain on this site under that condition. Those are rules for participating here, and I am not going to KNOWINGLY allow any exceptions. I have stated my reasons for having such rules, and I am sticking by them. You, then, are knowingly flaunting those rules and LYING to everyone who reads the posts you make and refers to your profile for your TRUE identity. You have 24 hours to comply with PROOF of your identity or you are gone from here. Sorry, but that is just the way it is here on this "struggling" message board site.

And you have a good day as well, sir.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #216
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post
Here is the biggest problem with forums these days. People tend to forget THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! The Internet is not some dream world where we can create a whole new you of make believe. People who use it should be held accountable for how they use it.
A LOT of people seem to get forums and W.O.W. confused.. Your online Games, yes, you can have a false identity, because it is MAKE BELIEVE!!! THESE are REAL people,.. THIS.. IS.. REAL.. LIFE..

Ben.. if you can't even be honest about your name? Why the heck would we trust you with any more information?

YOU might not be a scammer.. but the next person might be.. so rules are here for a REASON.

oh.. and it is INTERNET!!! .. seriously.. not once, but twice? what the heck is ENternet?

Are people so lazy they can't just PM ?? that extra button click will waste their precious time??

People WILL end up with attitudes when they get sick of hearing the same ignorant babble thrown their way.

Oh.. and by the way.. OTHER sites have WAY more issues.. unless of course you mean those sites that DON"T deal with sales? Are you thinking of DISCUSSION forums?? THOSE are going to be different because peoples MONEY isn't at risk.

Think before you speak next time, or give some valid reasoning/proof.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #217
WebSlave
My recommendation is that if someone finds out that a prospective buyer or seller is using a false location and/or name in their profile here, to simply steer clear of them. Yes, they MIGHT be legit and feel they have a legitimate reason for lying about that info here, but that is also a classic MO for scammers to use to avoid prosecution for their scams. You can't prosecute someone that you can't accurately identify and/or locate. And they KNOW that.

So if someone engages in a transaction with you, and you receive identifying info from the OP that does NOT match their profile, please report them. If they are in violation of the rules of this site, then we do intend to do something about it. If you go ahead and do business with them anyway, than possibly we'll all be reading about your deal gone bad in the BOI pretty soon.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #218
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
"Rabidly opposed"?

Exaggerate much?
I've told 'em a million times to stop exaggerating.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #219
oddlot
I don't entirely understand.I have never had any infractions so why am I being penalized?What do I have to pay for to post on a classified ?So if an infraction offender pays then they can post,Which doesn't fix anything, just doesn't make sense to me.It should be all or none!If someone is disruptive or harassing they should be punished not everyone!

Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #220
Katie.Shinkle
*sigh* Read the entire thread, that has already been discussed. They tried that (hence the infractions...) but it wasn't working, and it was too much work for the mods to handle.

Paid members get perks (part of contributing...duh), this just so happens to be one of them now (unless they start messing up). Which, again, was already discussed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!