Has anyone seen them in south Florida? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
varnyard
Has anyone seen them in south Florida?

I will be going to Daytona this year. I am taking my vacation the week before the show. I am going to go to south Florida, and hit Daytona on the way back. Where is the best place to find the Black spiny tail iguana? I have heard they are there, but wanted to see them for myself. Has anyone seen them down there? If so where? Thanks!!

Old 06-05-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
Mike Greathouse
The single largest population is in Boca Grande. But I think I heard something awhile back that they were taking steps to eradicate them - they were becoming a nuisance.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
varnyard
Thanks Mike for the information. I wonder if they went through with it?

Old 06-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
Mike Greathouse
Bobby,
A google search on Boca Grande Iguana brings up a ton of results about the iguana population there.

I think if you made the trip, you would have pretty good chances of seeing some. I'm told that they are pretty difficult to catch.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
varnyard
Thanks Mike, I will let you know what I find.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!