Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #21
capt._howdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
There is no problem with leaving sheds in an enclosure, hell most breeders leave them to entice more breeding. Unless it is rolled up and has urates and feces in it, then is left for the "look" of it that people enjoy.
i have never seen a pet shop leave sheds in the enclosure for people to enjoy and i go to one of the biggest petshop in the chicago land.. i honestly feel if you dont have the time to take shed out of an enclosure i dont have time to waste my money there.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #22
KelliH
I've had two excellent transactions with Snakes at Sunset. In the first one ( a few years ago), we bought a captive hatched subadult Aru chondo. The ad stated that the animal had a small rub on it's snout that was healing, the photos seemed to confirm that so we bought the snake. It came in and was beautiful, no mites whatsoever and indeed had a near healed nose rub that soon healed completely and while it did leave a scar, we felt that for $300 shipped we got a great deal!

The second transaction was just a few weeks ago. I purchased 1.2 wild caught Goniurosaurus hainanensis from them. They came in looking great and well cared for. I set them up that night, offered them crickets and they ate all of them. Both females are now gravid and I am anxiously awaiting eggs!

Just wanted to offer my experiences with this company.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #23
Iraqvet
snakes at sunset,you could always post some pics?..Maybe one of the claimed "emanciated" snake..And some pics of the enclosures,and your quarentine area,and some of the shop?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #24
Snakesatsunset
would be best if someone would come in that wasnt me to do the pics, but I can take them either way.
Its easy to blow stuff out of proportion, especially without knowing the facts.
We are Miami;s most well known and respected reptile specialty store. We came out in Reptiles Magazine, news articles, TV, etc.
We refuse to do interviews regarding burmese, because it shows us all as bad people. We would not sell an emaciated, mite filled snake to anyone, nor ever have. Its not in our nature, and not in our goal in things. We want people to come back, and have plenty that do.
I personally think two individuals posting have something against us for some reason or another All companies, and individuals probably do. I just see it as wrong when it is backed up by lies or false information.
Will get pics tommorow up for you. I will not be there till 3pm so wont be till afternoon.

Also how is this thread have to do with a transaction gone wrong?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #25
Snakesatsunset
Russ- You must not be in the retail reptile business, but a shed hanging on branches, and spread out looks cool to the regular joe browsing a shop. Sorry it doesnt look good to you. We dont make a practice of it, but we do leave it in if it is wrapped up neatly on branches or stretched out. I can actually tell you the first thing people say, is not what a cool snake! it is "wow, look at the shed". If you had any daily experience in a retail shop like ours, you would hear it over 10 times a day. Our traffic flow and browsers allow for this, and it is repeated constantly. We also put shed tarantula molts all over the store, and people get a huge kick out of that. Once we even put several in a cage with a tarantula and asked people to see which one was the molt and which one was not.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #26
ReptileAddictions
My "mother" is not my partner, but would be the t-shirt wearer in the family. I do recall her getting a bunch of reptile shirts, if she ordered animals from you they were for her personal collection. ANd I am glad she liked them They wernt for something here at the store for resale or for myself.

I think you misunderstand my intent here. I am not saying you or your store are bad. I just think some of your husbandry issues could be adjusted. My opinion thats all.

For the record I HAVE used provent a mite of GTP enclosures with no fatalities. AGAIN, just my opinion and personal experience.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
Snakeman1
Does the OP have anything else better to do? I mean come on. This is why this forum and many of the people posting here are considered a joke in the herp community. Back when I lived in Miami, I visted SnakesatSunset quite a few times and always found the store to be immaculate and in great condition. Mike(the owner I believe) was always helpful and friendly the times I visted. I applaud him in not granting interviews for these media outlets trying to make herpers look bad.

It just really amazes me how someone can take the time to make a post about mites on a GTP. You know what, shit happens. I've gotten mites from some of the biggest Boid breeders out there and do you see me make a crybaby post about it? Nope, I simply treat the snake as it's quarantine anyways and move on. I'd love to come check out the cages of people sitting here complaining about one shed in the cage. I bet I can walk into any herproom at any given time and find a shed, feces, or tipped water bowl. Does that make you a bad keeper? No, so why would you consider this individual is any less? All in all, get a life and do something worthwhile to protect the hobby instead of bringing up a ridiculous post for no reason. If you had a problem with it, take it up with them. Next time you decide you want to complain..send a nasty letter to the Politcians and Government Agencies who are trying shutdown this wonderful hobby.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #28
Imperial Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeman1 View Post
Does the OP have anything else better to do? I mean come on. This is why this forum and many of the people posting here are considered a joke in the herp community. Back when I lived in Miami, I visted SnakesatSunset quite a few times and always found the store to be immaculate and in great condition. Mike(the owner I believe) was always helpful and friendly the times I visted. I applaud him in not granting interviews for these media outlets trying to make herpers look bad.

It just really amazes me how someone can take the time to make a post about mites on a GTP. You know what, shit happens. I've gotten mites from some of the biggest Boid breeders out there and do you see me make a crybaby post about it? Nope, I simply treat the snake as it's quarantine anyways and move on. I'd love to come check out the cages of people sitting here complaining about one shed in the cage. I bet I can walk into any herproom at any given time and find a shed, feces, or tipped water bowl. Does that make you a bad keeper? No, so why would you consider this individual is any less? All in all, get a life and do something worthwhile to protect the hobby instead of bringing up a ridiculous post for no reason. If you had a problem with it, take it up with them. Next time you decide you want to complain..send a nasty letter to the Politcians and Government Agencies who are trying shutdown this wonderful hobby.
AMEN.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #29
capt._howdy
Quote:
Russ- You must not be in the retail reptile business, but a shed hanging on branches, and spread out looks cool to the regular joe browsing a shop. Sorry it doesnt look good to you. We dont make a practice of it, but we do leave it in if it is wrapped up neatly on branches or stretched out. I can actually tell you the first thing people say, is not what a cool snake! it is "wow, look at the shed". If you had any daily experience in a retail shop like ours, you would hear it over 10 times a day. Our traffic flow and browsers allow for this, and it is repeated constantly. We also put shed tarantula molts all over the store, and people get a huge kick out of that. Once we even put several in a cage with a tarantula and asked people to see which one was the molt and which one was not.
no im not but i do know people who RUN A VERY WELL RESPECTED SHOP HERE AND I KNOW THEY WOULDNT LEAVE SHED IN THE ENCLOSURES maybe hanging on the wall but never in the enclosures it just looks bad.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #30
dragonluver83
Quote:
Russ- You must not be in the retail reptile business, but a shed hanging on branches, and spread out looks cool to the regular joe browsing a shop. Sorry it doesnt look good to you.
Looks dirty to me and im the regular joe. sheds, if kept should be displayed by hanging them or laying across something but not in the tank. Like saying " leave its feces in the cage so they know its eating".

Quote:
We dont make a practice of it, but we do leave it in if it is wrapped up neatly on branches or stretched out. I can actually tell you the first thing people say, is not what a cool snake! it is "wow, look at the shed". If you had any daily experience in a retail shop like ours, you would hear it over 10 times a day. Our traffic flow and browsers allow for this, and it is repeated constantly. We also put shed tarantula molts all over the store, and people get a huge kick out of that. Once we even put several in a cage with a tarantula and asked people to see which one was the molt and which one was not.
So you sell the snake because there is shed in the tank? any other pet shop owner do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeman1 View Post
Does the OP have anything else better to do?
Man thats a serious problem when a snake is displayed like that with a serious mite problem. Thats from a outsider looking in. I have nothing to lose or gain from this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!