HELP month old albino burmese python has green liquid when he was peeing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
zabuza1314
Exclamation HELP month old albino burmese python has green liquid when he was peeing

i was soaking my albino burmese python belial today, and i noticed when he was "peeing" or whatever before the poop, it was green and slimey, i dont know if its dangerous or not but it doesnt seem healthy to me, help me please, i need to know if this snake is going to be too much for me to handle while its growing up.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
hhmoore
Can't really say, based on your description.
Is the question about whether the snake is going to be too much for you related to your anxiety, or the snake's growth/future size? (If the latter, you probably should have considered that before now)

Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
zabuza1314
i fully considered the size before i got it, it is a male so i wanted to not have one that was a monster. basically, the white urine, was covered with a sort of mucus, thats the closest thing i can describe it to, it was odd and ive never seen it before. i just dont want anything to be wrong with it and have it die on me. when my leopard gecko died a few years back i was heartbroken, i dont want to loose another animal because of something that could be avoidable, now he has a small kink in his tail, which ive read is sort of common for burms, and he doesnt have trouble pooping, but today when i saw the green fluid i pushed some of the other poop out and it seemed fine, it was light brown and smelled like, well poop. he is also really lethargic all the time. he doesnt move around much or anything, just sits under his heat lamp, which is running between 80-90 degrees. i keep it rather humid it there, between 50-75% every day. im feeding it every 3 to 4 days. as far as i can tell, im not mistreating the snake in any way, i just dont want anything to happen to him. i work at the petstore where i got him and the reason i took him in the first place was cause i couldnt get a boa, but im starting to think there may be some health problems and im not financially secure just yet and would hate to have to pay a large vet bill for anything.

thank you for any advice you can give.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
zabuza1314
well hes had the kink since he was born, sorry if that sentence is sorta confusing.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 AM   #5
hhmoore
The basics of what you described are not unusual; but, again, we cannot say much more than that based on the description. It is difficult to convey amount, consistency and color. Depending on how much green, how slimy,and the particular color; it could be normal, not unusual, or an indication of a problem. Observe it, and if you are concerned, take a sample to your vet.

(Personally, I wouldn't feed it that often; except, maybe, if you are feeding undersized prey)

Old 08-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #6
zabuza1314
okay, when he poops again if the same thing happens, ill try to snap a pic and see what i can come up with. now is him being really lazy normal too? he also doesnt really want to drink. he should be shedding soon and that may be a factor but his skin is starting to wrinkle. i have yet to see him drink from any stationary water dish, i know snakes get most of their hydration from their prey, but if hes under the lamp all day i figure he would drink atleast a little, now i dont stay up all night and watch him, but like i said i have yet to see him drink. anything seem unusual here?

Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
zabuza1314
and im feeding him smaller adult mice, bigger than hoppers but not a full size mouse

Old 08-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #8
hhmoore
The skin shouldn't be wrinkled, even when approaching a slough - I would start soaking him.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #9
zabuza1314
daily?

Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #10
Runtzz
What kind of bedding are you keeping him on?

Did you mean, that the calcium he popped was/had green? I've seen snake poop calcium and it has green on it. I couldn't tell you exactly what causes it, but it could be the "quality" of food you feed him?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!