"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
WebSlave
"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark.

To anyone interested and/or perhaps directly liable, I am in the process of tracking down and investigating infringements on my trademark. I am discussing options with my trademark attorney at this time concerning the infringements already located. I really don't care that people will try to duplicate the context of my Board Of Inquiry forums for their own purposes, but I DO care about the use of a term in that pursuit that I have built to mean something to a lot of people in this industry.

As my trademark attorney told me, enforcing my trademark is really not optional. Not doing so means I lose the right to it. Obviously I have no intention of letting anyone wrest this away from me. So to those who have tried jumping onto the coattails of my trademark and in at least some cases have lowered the standard for what I am striving for with that mark, damaging my mark in the process, please consider the liability you are subjecting yourself to. If you do not voluntarily relinquish the use of my trademark, you CAN be forced to do so with the likelihood of rather expensive litigation and penalties being involved.

"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark. I suggest that you read up on exactly what that means to anyone infringing on that trademark. You are violating federal law.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Stealing someone's trademark is theft, and those doing it are thieves - period. Riding someone's coattails is too nice of a way of describing it.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
Basand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Stealing someone's trademark is theft, and those doing it are thieves - period. Riding someone's coattails is too nice of a way of describing it.
That is about the way I would have put it as well. Rich was FAR too nice, in my opinion.

No matter how you look at it, Rich took his time and his money to build this website and ALL of its content. The Board of Inquiry is not only a part of that but something he took the time to go about getting registered as a trademark as well. More time. More money.

Anyone "riding on the coattails" needs to be promptly given a smack in the rear, a boot to the head, and some costly litigation fees.

Just my opinion. Seeing people steal from reputable people makes me mad. To someone less knowledgeable of the site, he or she may believe that scam of a Facebook page is some how linked to this board here, thereby directly slandering the name that Rich has spent so much time establishing.

TO THE GALLOWS WITH THEM, I SAY!

Old 09-19-2014, 02:10 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
The only reason anyone else would call a business review section for the reptile trade the "The Board Of Inquiry"is because of the recognition from this site.

Matter of fact, all that have done it were members here first and took it directly from here. Some with obvious spite towards this site.

If you want to start your own business review website or group, come up with your own ideas and your own name. You don't take someone's hard work for your own gain.

Besides being illegal, it's wrong. How hard is it to understand that?

Old 09-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
Catfish44
I'm sorry if this taken the wrong way however would you happen to have the serial or registration number for "BOI"? I can find the trademarks on "board of inquiry" but can't seem to locate the one for BOI. Thanks, Wes.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Catfish44
Rich could you please address my previous request. It would be much appreciated.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish44 View Post
I'm sorry if this taken the wrong way however
What would be the right way?

You are actively trying to harm this site. I don't think you are going to get one minute.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
Catfish44
Dennis I understand and appreciate your response. I was just asking for the serial or registration number for the term "BOI". I'm doing some research on my own and can't seem to locate it.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
Lucille
In my opinion since legal proceedings have been initiated, particulars should not necessarily be discussed in public. The infringement issues will not be tried here; and neither will they be tried on any other site.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #10
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish44 View Post
Dennis I understand and appreciate your response.
Wes, what are you actually doing here on Fauna? If those FB statements of yours are how you feel, what do you really want, a little "catfishing" of your own? A little on the side research, bull. Popping up with demands, fat chance of that being anyone's priority.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!