Ain't Quite Ready! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Matt2979
Ain't Quite Ready!

LOL...thought I'd give these two a quick, "pre-introduction", just to see what would happen. The larger one is an orange hypo female that I got from Carolina Classic Dragons in Summer of 2010. The other was produced by me. A (IMO) gorgeous hypo male that I thought of as an orange hypo with blue bars...'til I saw them in the same tub!! He's got a lot more yellows that I realized. Poor thing keeps "puffing up" his beard...looks like Father Time with a white beard and white hair.

He was produced by pairing a rainbow tiger het hypo male that I got from Draggintails x an orange phase female that turned out to be hypo. He's from her first clutch of the five she (orange phase het hypo) produced last year. He also seemed bigger before seeing them side by side! lol

So back to solitary until he gets enough weight on him that I don't have to worry over her getting agitated and breaking him in half!
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Matt2979
Just caught an error in my first post. The female orange phase dragon turned out to be het hypo...not hypo.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
mmdragons
Cant wait to see those babies! That male is awesome!

Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
Cant wait to see those babies! That male is awesome!
Thanks, Max! I can't wait,either. But...well, I guess I'm gonna have to, at least for a LITTLE bit longer. Before I separated them, he jumped on her back. She just looked at him like, " Yeah, right!". LMAO! Hopefully he'll gain a lot of weight over the next couple of months. The timing is really close to what I went through with his dad, last year (to make HIM, in fact) so I'm very hopeful that I'll have their babies by Summer.

Here's a pic of Mom and Dad--Dad being the much prettier one. I can only imagine what my hold back from this year is going to look like. And all the babies will be hypo. But I gotta quit thinking about it because I'm getting excited and still have a while to wait!

Pics:
1) Bonnie & Clyde (pic taken Jan 6, 11). Bought as a future pairing, hence named to go together. Since I put Clyde with Sunshine last year and produced "Clyde Jr" (haven't officially named him), I decided to put the prettier, hypo boy to Bonnie, instead.

2) Clyde & Sunshine making Clyde Jr.

3) Clyde outside, chilling out (just before he FREAKED OUT, leapt out of my hands, and made me crawl through 3 feet of thick bushes to get him out!! lol). (This pic was taken July 14, 11, after he really filled out).
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
stolenheron
great looking beardies!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
great looking beardies!
Thanks, Chris!!

Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
Rud3Bwoy
nice ,spike x sunny,i had one to a few months ago before i sold mines looked just alike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!