BREEDING SILKBACKS ARE CRUEL! PUT A STOP TO IT! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
Focal
Interesting discussion. Any evidence or links we can read about how it hurts them so we can develop opinions?

Old 10-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
chris allen
Having hatched out some last year and again this year I can say they should get a little more care regarding shedding. They are more prone to shedding issues but it only takes a few minutes every few days or so to soak them which I found to be helpful. I have not bred a silkie so I can't comment on that. I think to say they shouldn't be produced is a bit extreme. Just given the proper care that's all. A little lotion seems to help as well but isn't absolutely needed, I don't think.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
SpidermanBeardeds
To Ed Clark: It certainly will blow up and I will have enough cash to make it happen soon. Ive won a lawsuit in the past and will be receiving all the cash i need by the end of the year to do all I need. Im talking about trademarking, patent, already have my logo design, already have people who will always be interested in working at the warehouse I will soon have my breeding taking place at, and so forth. If the business doesnt work out then hey, sucks for me. Point is, I have enough money coming my way as is to pay off for promotions as well. Please dont underestimate someone you dont know because it really is pure ignorance, not to be rude to you mate. Ill have dunners in hand, whitblitz, and much more (excluding silkbacks).

Old 10-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
SpidermanBeardeds
I havnt seen evidence but theres certainly is NO EVIDENCE proving the morph is good to go. I have been getting email replies from many people who actually agree with me though (via craigslist). Some of them states that theyve been dealing with beardies for many years and that they know it is cruel as well. You can never tell if someone is lying about their experience or not but it does feel good to me to know that others are feeling the same way. Im pretty sure the morph will never come to extinction because it would basically feel like me against the world, but I still had to let the public know how i felt about this morph because it really irritates me to see them have to live their whole life in a much more delicate body than what the man above gave birth to them in.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanBeardeds View Post
than what the man above gave birth to them in.
Could you expound on that a little?

Dude, you sound like you're from PETA.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #16
SpidermanBeardeds
hah the PETA. that was funny Lucille i like that one but anyways what i meant by the man above is the "Jesus" of your religion. Id say Jesus himself but we dont all believe in him you know?

Old 10-31-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Ill have dunners in hand, whitblitz, and much more (excluding silkbacks).
Really? Right there in Queens New York City, huh? Is that a natural habitat for these guys?
Nope. ALL your lizards where you are have to have care, you can't just let them run the hood. So what's your point?

Jesus as far as I know did not give birth to any lizards. Yet here you are trying to decide for others on the basis of...what?

Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #18
SpidermanBeardeds
You just made a point that has no sense in it.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
You just made a point that has no sense in it.
Let's try again:

Where you live is not a natural habitat for these lizards.

Because it is not a natural habitat for these lizards you have to provide a habitat.

The fact that 'normal' beardies (we will put aside evolution for right now) require significant special care (UV lights, purchased foods, special habitat) where you live means that the slight changes to that care because of slight changes to the lizard itself are not really that relevant. After all, we are not talking total life support with the lizard on a ventilator, we are just talking some further minor changes in care.

The slight difference between normal lizard and morph lizard is not near the difference in care between wild lizard and captive lizard.

Yet you are trying to assert that small differences are somehow more significant than they actually are.

That sort of thing does in fact remind me of PETA.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #20
chris allen
Quote:
Ill have dunners in hand, whitblitz, and much more (excluding silkbacks).

I could really care less what you do honestly, but I can assure you that you won't get much business with the kind of attitude you come off with.

How long have you been into beardeds? Are you aware of any of the complications with the morphs you listed? I mean being all anti silkies and all, I'm sure you wouldn't be interested in any morphs that arent doing well right? Thats funny.

Craigslist huh....good place to go for moral support and be happy that people feel the same as you. From craigslist to a warehouse full of breeders and rolling in the money. Good luck to you .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!