BREEDING SILKBACKS ARE CRUEL! PUT A STOP TO IT! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #21
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanBeardeds View Post
To Ed Clark: It certainly will blow up and I will have enough cash to make it happen soon. Ive won a lawsuit in the past and will be receiving all the cash i need by the end of the year to do all I need. Im talking about trademarking, patent, already have my logo design, already have people who will always be interested in working at the warehouse I will soon have my breeding taking place at
Money cash trade marks patents and all you need is dragons to breed.

Wait till you have to feed and clean a warehouse full of dragons, then heat them and provide proper cages for them all.

You will realize why most of us breeding dragons do it for the fun of breeding. you keep going on about breeding silkies...I don't know anyone breeding silkies to anything. as I stated earlier most are being produced by breeding 2 leatherbacks together.

With the real estate market being close to bottoming out I can suggest you putting your money into that to see a healthy return on your investments not bearded dragons.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #22
Cache Reptiles
I'm curious as to what exactly you patented, as well as if you've actually had firsthand experience with silks- not just heard things from other people?

Quote:
Ill have dunners in hand, whitblitz, and much more (excluding silkbacks).
You say that you will have dunners, witblits, and more. Considering that Steven recently sold the first (I presume) hypo-leather-dunner, seems that you're a little late in the game if you want to be one of the first...probably won't be too hard to get your hands on a "normal" dunner by next year.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
pdragon
All you are doing is speculating, which is the worst type of info. You need some personal experience to back up your claims. I copied this from my FB page:

I have some good information concerning silkbacks(scaleless) and natural sunlight. I donated some normal silkbacks to bob at sandfire a little over a year ago to be kept outdoors. All are full size now and look perfect. No burns, blisters, etc. This morph is not as delicate as some may think.I also donated some trans silkbacks. These are also doing very well. They have been outside day and night since february. If silks can survive outside through the elements with no problems, people's husbandry is the problem, not the morph itself.

Josh

Old 11-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
pdragon
Good luck making tons of cash off those witblits and dunners. You are already 50 steps behind if you are just now purchasing them.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanBeardeds View Post
Please dont underestimate someone you dont know.
It's all right, we're not underestimating you. I think we have you pegged just as you are.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #26
Wolfy-hound
So you have no experiance with the breed.

So you don't actually have animals.

You have "tons of money coming".

You're going to "patent" something or other so that something "blows up".

Well. Good for you. Go you. I have no earthly idea what you're going to do, but you should just go for it.

Just some unsolicited advice, since you obviously know it all and have everything figured out. Attitude towards other hobby folks will count towards your reputation. I don't care how much cash you have on hand, if you have a sucky reputation, you can't buy your way out of it. You can buy up tons of high priced morphs(but not silkbacks? Okaaaay), and you might be able to keep them and breed them(in a warehouse?) but when it comes to having a reputation in the reptile keeping world, that's the golden egg. No reputation, or worse, a lousy reputation = no fun for you.

I'd suggest looking up some real folks who keep the animals you're squalling about, find out real world info(i.e. the folks keeping them perfectly fine without any issues) and then start forming an opinion. If you don't like silkbacks, then don't keep any. But screaming about it, while throwing the "I have money!" and bizarre statements about 'blowing up' isn't going to make anyone think highly of you.

The theory that a silkback needs slightly more care than a "normal non-morph" beardie means it's cruel and should NEVER be done is bizarre. They're being kept as pets. That's like saying that no dog that requires grooming should be kept, because it's cruel that the dog can't be dumped into the wild and survive. I mean... what's the big deal that a albino would get eaten in the wild or that a silkback's lack of thick spiked skin means it would not survive some predetor attacks? It's in a cage, being cared for by people. And technically, all the morphs of beardie haven't been "created by the one above" either. So why aren't you ONLY getting wild-type beardies to breed?

And here's where you post something rant-y about how you don't care about ANY of 'your opinions' and stomp some more, ignoring the evidence of actual silkbacks not being harmed in any way, so that you can feel like everyone is just wrong, except you.

And Craigslist? Really? The PETA AR extremist crowd? I'd hope you'd be chatting up some real beardie folks.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #27
Thumper
Good luck getting those rare morphs. You seem to have pissed off the few people who have them.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
Dennis Hultman
This was all discussed here four or five years ago with the original breeder. The arguments you put forth is nothing new. It was debated and appears those arguments loss that discussion considering their current popularity.

Quote:
BREEDING SILKBACKS ARE CRUEL! PUT A STOP TO IT!
Not for nothing, but it really is cruel. Theyre more sensitive to UV rays along with heat, injury can occur during the mating process and they have problems shedding. Dont you silkback breeders feel bad about what youre doing? I know they are money makers, but its not worth making that extra cash if youre going to be a part of the growth of a bad morph. We need to put silkbacks into the EXTINCT category.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #30
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post

You're going to "patent" something or other so that something "blows up".

Well. Good for you. Go you. I have no earthly idea what you're going to do, but you should just go for it.
Little spiderman costumes for beardies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!