New Japanese silver patternless morph(Silverback) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
jmp745
I cant find anything online about zeros. Only someones beardie that is named zero. Do you have a link to anything about them, or haven't they even got that far yet to be posted about anywhere?

Good luck with the het pieds. I want pieds to happen so bad its not even funny.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
pdragon
Thanks

There is a zero posted on the kingsnake dragon forum.

Josh

Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
jmp745
are they sure its a genetic thing with the zero? The only thread/picuture I saw sounded like he just bought a silver traslucent from someone. Also, you can see darker areas down both sides of the back where the circle pattern thingies often are on beardies. This beardie shows what circle things I'm talking about. the lighter bits on this girls back http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=291805

Old 12-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
witblits
Hi guys

A few months ago someone from Germany sent me some pics of the Zero's. On the pics I received one could clearly see that they were not truly patternless! The sub-orbital stripe is clearly visible and the mottled back is quite obvious. I am sure that these would end up going patternless as they grow older. Just like the leucistics and Silverbacks.

I was asked if these were Witblits. I said that they are not, since Witblits is truly patternless from day 1! My comment was that they are Silverbacks (I made this conclusion from the comments I have heard about Silverbacks, I have never seen one in real life). I might be totally wrong about them being Silverbacks.

Josh perhaps you could comment whether they look more like Silverbacks sincew you have seen both Witblits and Silverbacks? They definately are not Witblits!

I heard a story that the Silverbacks (more correctly known as the Japanese Silverbacks) were actualy produced for the first time in Germany back in 2006/2007 and not actualy in Japan.

This would explain why a similar looking morph popped out in Gemany as those genes have lurked around for quite a while).

I see the post on the Kingsnake forum is made by 'ghostdragons'. I know the breeder from Ghost Dragons in Germany. If they are one and the same then I will contact him and ask for more info.

From what I heard is that the original breeder of the Zero's (He goes by the name 'Milo', I think) bred these by pure chance. Just like my Witblits, and most other morphs... He has no history or whereabouts of the parents of them. Apparantly he incubated a batch of eggs for someone and these popped out. It is also not yet proven of they are genetic or not.

It would be great for the patternless gene pool if these are the same mutation as Silverbacks (but not related) or at least compatible with Witblits. This morph holds great potential nontheless! Only thing is the price of the patternless dragons will drop quite quickly now.

We will have to work on a new mutation. My plans are to go for a solid pitch black dragon!

Old 12-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
KelliH
I love all of the new and exciting mutations! I have to say that so far I like the Witblits the most.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #16
pdragon
Honestly, zero's look more like witblits, just with dark/partial dark eyes. I was told the opposite, that zero's hatch completely patternless out of the egg. All three of these patternless could be/not be compatible, or you may get a completely different result combining them together. Time will tell on these guys. There needs to be some future breedings done to see what is going on with them.

Silverbacks have been around longer than 2006-2007 in Japan.

Josh

Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
pdragon
Jaques- didn't ghost dragons buy one of your witblits? I thought I saw it before on their site.

Josh

Old 12-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
pdragon
Kelli- It's crazy how many dragon mutations have popped up recently. Dragons are moving very quickly.

Josh

Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #19
Cache Reptiles
Quote:
Kelli- It's crazy how many dragon mutations have popped up recently. Dragons are moving very quickly.

Josh
I agree with your statement, but was curious as to how you think this will affect the future of bearded dragons and their market? Do you think that they will end up as ball pythons have with a plethora of genetic mutations being mixed together with a large percentage of the hobby keeping different morphs? Or similar to what has happened to hypos, translucents, and leatherbacks, with their prices leveling out relatively quickly (within 10 or so years I believe)?

Old 12-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #20
dden
All of the new morphs have made breeding exciting again for me. After 18 years of breeding bearded dragons, I was getting kind of bored...I have not been this stoked in a long time. Now there are a few newer recessive traits & dominant/co-dom traits, and the whole thing is really interesting for me. For the first time in a while, I can't wait to get up in the morning and look in the incubator! I'm anxious to get to the Super Show next month and see some of the new stuff...hopefully Josh won't be holding out

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!