what lights are used and what times on and off - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #11
offroad537
i have one 100 wait uvb heat. 48 10.0 uvb bulb and one heat bulb. theres nothing wrong with using red heat bulbs. i use them on my dragons at night.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
DeMeNtEdDoGz
The most common set up would be:

Full spectrum incandescent bulb - wattage varying on cage heating needs
Reptisun 10.0 bulb

My larger cages usually have 4 lights total. 1 for heat, 1 for uvb (unless mvb or equivalent is used) and 2 for light no heat. Cages are bright and dragons are healthy and active. Lighting is usually set in time with natural daylight outside, less so for juves/males. If theirs windows present they will sometimes mimic patterns to it.

I didnt see it mentioned but if temps do fall to 60 in your cage another heating alternative would be a ceramic heat emitter

Old 01-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
john.r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad537 View Post
i have one 100 wait uvb heat. 48 10.0 uvb bulb and one heat bulb. theres nothing wrong with using red heat bulbs. i use them on my dragons at night.

thanks for the replys

i have started using a normal coloured bulb during the day and switch to my red bulb at night but have set my thermostat to only come on when it goes to 60 ish and it hasn't come on so far i keep an eye on night temps they are about 65 f .

i have been thinking about getting a ceramic heater but just a low watt so i dont have to buy another thermostat cause you need a pulse thermostat for a ceramic i think ?

but for now im just keeping it how it is i think

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!