Good Guy Our snakes love Rodent Pro!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
juggalo
Our snakes love Rodent Pro!!!

Well we got yet another great box of feeders in yesterday and well we could not be happier. We took advantage of their hot deals and filled a box and did not even have one percent of empty space.
We where a tad nervous about the new babies taking f/t this soon but all 50 took the pups with no problem.

If you have thought about it before and thought it would cost to much.
Take a chance with the sale prices and as long as you fill the box you will not beat the price anywhere. Everything was top notch. The guinea pigs were big as hell as we knew they would be. But the rat pups were plump and meaty not a scrawny one in the pack. Everything was packaged well and rock solid when it arrived at the door even with our temps being in the high 90's that day. Great Job..

Thanks and the snakes thank you too.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Tim Cole
I received my first order from Rodent Pro yesterday and was very pleased.

It was clean, frozen, and a good price.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
JandDReptiles
I've gotten thousands of rodents from Rodent Pro! Very professional people, Nothing but good things to say about them!

-Jeremy T.
Owner of J and D Reptiles

Old 07-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
SHarrington
Same here, feeders have always come in frozen, clean, nicely sized, and ON TIME!!!! Love RodentPro!!!!!

Sabrina Harrington

Old 07-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
crashcourse1014
That's funny because I've heard of horror stories regarding Rodent Pro. I've never bought from them first hand but stories of poisoned rodents wiping out valuable collections have detered me from ever doing business with them. I heard they'll accept rodents from any random suppliers they can get them from for dirt cheap and resell them. Even if the couple stories I've heard may be a few isolated cases, I would never risk my valuable collection to "save a buck". Do your research first before buying from them and be extremely conscious of where you get feeders from. Just my opinion. Regards, Brett Sibiski

Old 07-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
JandDReptiles
Hi Brett,
I have personally never heard any stories like that about them. I have heard about people getting rodents that are smaller than they should be.... but other than that, never had any problems. There are more positive stories than not when it comes to Rodent Pro. In some instances where keepers have hundreds of snakes the "Save a Buck" can make a huge difference. No matter where you get rodents from, there is always a risk of disease, because rodents are rodents. The only real way to ensure your snakes are fed healthy rodents is to breed your own.

-Jeremy T.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
crashcourse1014
Jeremy,
I agree with you 100% about the only way to ensure your feeders are disease free are to breed them yourself. You may have heard more good things about them than bad, but the few bad stories I have heard will outweigh any good I hear because I'm not willing to take that chance. Like I said, I've never even bought from them before so I can't state any facts. I just have a clue that they don't produce all of the animals themselves and a lot of them are outsourced, greatly enhancing the chance for them to be poisoned or be a carrier of a disease. I'm sure they have many happy customers like you, but the stories of the unhappy customers were convincing enough for me. Regards, Brett

Old 07-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
gsrept
every time i call and order from them they never ship and i end up canceling the order and going to some one else so i have not been to impressed with them.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
Kaiyudsai
I will NEVER order from Rodent Pro again... I got orders in where the rats were decapitated...... freezer burnt.... dirty... covered in feces and bedding.... smelled really foul when thawed out....

I called them to ask about the condition of the rats and they said that since they subcontract out to other breeders that they couldnt guarantee that I get perfect rodents..... Now the guy I talked to was nice... he apologized and offerred me a credit.... but he still couldnt assure me that I wouldnt recieve any other bad rodents....

I think the way they set up their company... by subcontracting out to several rodent breeders doesnt allow them the ability to practice quality control.....

CUstomer Service = A+

Product Quality Consistency = D-

when it comes to feeding my snakes.... I want the highest quality feeders possible...

Old 07-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
JandDReptiles
I hear ya Brett! If I had the space, I'd breed all my own rodents... but I don't at the moment.

@gsrept... thats wierd that they never shipped... shipping takes a while and it depends on when they are ordered, but wonder why they didn't ship.

@Marc... I have never had that problem with them. Out of the 5,000+ rodents I have ordered, only had 1 decap... Like I stated above, the best way to ensure 100% healthy rodents is to breed them yourself.

-Jeremy T.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!