The Shell Shop (please use caution when buying animals from them) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2004, 07:12 PM   #11
FireDrake
thanks.............

I actually got adult mouse tails down them today. This is my tried and true method of keeping nutrition in them. I hate to loose them, they are pretty.

Sarah A Kramer

Old 10-27-2004, 07:28 PM   #12
Neil Gubitz
Sarah.... Adult mouse tails are OK, for what they are, but the snakes get MUCH better nutrition with what I suggested.... when they're that frail, they need all the vitamins and minerals (and calcium) they can get to give them the inner strength to get THEMSELVES better.... I would strongly suggest you give my method a try.... it's worked wonders for the couple of frail baby snakes I've had in the past.... good luck with them....

Neil

Old 10-27-2004, 07:33 PM   #13
FireDrake
dogfood

My method has worked really well for me in the past, I appreciate your idea though.
However I wouldnt even feed most canned dog food to a dog, most of the stuff out there is CRAP.
We do have some high qualtiy prescription diet at work, (I work in a vet clinic) I may try that.

Thanks

Sarah A Kramer

Old 10-28-2004, 08:21 AM   #14
therock050283
my reply

ok, i bought from him, i did. i dont ship usps or ups for my own reasons, there are way to many theives that go by my house and if i am not there, i dont wanna talk the risk of the snake dying in the sun or whatnot. i prefer to meet the person in person. thats why i only buy from ppl here in fl.
plus i am not here to be criticized for what i say. i am just stating he isnt a real business, that is what he said.

ppl dont have to be anal about what i say. i know what the situation is, the snake was cheap and i took the deal, the snake was in very good shape, but if it was anyone i would never buy from him again bc of all the things i heard about him afterwards, esp. now when i find out i could've had a malnurished snake, and like i said i am sorry.

Old 10-28-2004, 09:58 AM   #15
Sand&SunReptile
You still have no excuse.
You completely contradicted yourself.
Saying you bought a perfectly healthy, good looking animal, then said not to buy from them at all.
I have been talking with Jordan, of Shell Shop Exotics for awhile, and he has always come through for me.
Never has he pushed a sale, or anything.
If he'd switch to UPS, I'd say he is perfect to buy from.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #16
Sand&SunReptile
Further more,
like aleady stated, most people in the business arent 100% breeders only.
I know quite a lot of reputable dealers, who many people will stand behind who have a larger source of income, away from Reptiles.
Matt Greybeal is a hobbyist, who Im sure has a "real" job, and you couldnt find a better person!

Old 10-28-2004, 06:37 PM   #17
meretseger
If I were using dog food, I'd go with Science Diet A/D. It's been recommended by my vet and several books. I've also used baby food with added vitamins. But hopefully the mouse tails will work.

Erin Benner

Old 10-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #18
Seamus Haley
Quote:
But hopefully the mouse tails will work.
See, this is something I have never understood... it's going a bit off topic here but it was brought up so...

The tail of a rodent is garbage nutritionally, it's all bone, tendon and skin with very little actual meat to it. Stubborn feeders and underweight animals who need to have the digestive system kick started aren't getting much out of mouse tails... Seriously, who in their right mind would take an animal which is having feeding problems and give it food that's nearly worthless? It'd be like sending a load of celery (negative calories) to starving nations. Just counterproductive.

Yes, sometimes an animal need to get something in it that's small and easily digestable before they get full meals. This is especially true of particularly small animals or those which have been regurging but there are plenty of rodent parts which would do the job BETTER than tails.

As to Jordan... This isn't his first bad deal. I like the man as a person but his business practices have been called into question a few times too many for me to feel comfortable recomending him to anyone as a surefire no-problem quality dealer. I'd consider him something of a friend... until there's a better term for someone who I interact with online and have an affable relationship with but I disagree with the way he's handled (failed to handle) a couple problems which have been made public. If he had registered and explained his side of that last fiasco, it may have ended differently. If he were more communicative with his buyers he might not have these few blemishes on his record. He's had probably hundreds of good deals in the time frame between these two bad ones which were brought up, so he's not guaranteed to result in a negative deal, but leaving two unsatisfied customers with legitimate complaints isn't exactly the earmark of someone who's an exceptional dealer.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:11 PM   #19
reptilebreeder
Re: my reply

Quote:
Originally posted by therock050283
ok, i bought from him, i did. i dont ship usps or ups for my own reasons, there are way to many theives that go by my house and if i am not there, i dont wanna talk the risk of the snake dying in the sun or whatnot. i prefer to meet the person in person. thats why i only buy from ppl here in fl.
plus i am not here to be criticized for what i say. i am just stating he isnt a real business, that is what he said.

ppl dont have to be anal about what i say. i know what the situation is, the snake was cheap and i took the deal, the snake was in very good shape, but if it was anyone i would never buy from him again bc of all the things i heard about him afterwards, esp. now when i find out i could've had a malnurished snake, and like i said i am sorry.
When you post that you bought an almost awesome snake from somebody, but then say don't buy from him, without elaborating why, and some of us call you on it, that doesn't make us anal. give me a break. You can't just come on this board and say don't buy from somebody for no reason. even now you are just saying "because all of the things I have heard" without saying what those things are. From your statements we might think it's because you think it's a big deal that this is not his real business.

I don't know you or the guy this post is about, and I would not buy from him myself. BECAUSE HE SHIPS USPS, See I put the REASON why I would not buy from him. However if I was near him and could pick his animal up in person, I haven't really seen enough here that I wouldn't go give a look.
hows that for anal.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:44 PM   #20
critical bill
They had to pay medical bills for a broken sternum and kidney stones. Geesh, give them a break.....;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by ShannanD25
I'd like to know why they charge the $30 (which is about what it costs me to UPS a critter) but then use USPS?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!