Ticks, a bit of help? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
RosterImposter
Ticks, a bit of help?

I have 1.1 pair of ATBs that after closer inspection I have found that they have ticks. This WOULD upset me, but these boas only cost $97.50 shipped, so I didnt feel that I had a right to be upset. I just prayed they didnt have mites, which they dont, thankfully.
Anyway, normally these ticks wouldnt be a problem, but almost all of them are on the top of the heads and right behind the head. Im having a hard time getting them off without hurting them. I have one eye due to a accident that rendered my left eye useless, the lense is gone and the pupil is always dialated and not a perfect circle, so I dont have depth perception. Thats a reason I havent gotten into hots. Anyway, I have a hard time judging exactly how far I have to go to pull the ticks off with out pulling any of their scales. Is there anyway to kill them so that they come off easily? I tried what I used to kill mites, but they didnt succumb to it.

Any help?

Old 01-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Cat_72
What did you actually use? Reptile Relief works well on ticks.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
What did you actually use? Reptile Relief works well on ticks.
I think he actually meat "Prayed". i dont think hes used a spray yet, and is just trying to pull them off with tweezers?

to the OP, i would use Cat's advice and go with Reptile Relief Spray. You can buy it pretty much anywhere....

Old 01-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I think he actually meat "Prayed". i dont think hes used a spray yet, and is just trying to pull them off with tweezers?

to the OP, i would use Cat's advice and go with Reptile Relief Spray. You can buy it pretty much anywhere....
When I asked what he already used, I was referring to him saying:
Quote:
I tried what I used to kill mites, but they didnt succumb to it.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
When I asked what he already used, I was referring to him saying:

Gotchya hon! >_< sorry! :3

Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Cat_72
S'ok, lol.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
RosterImposter
Its called De Flea Reptile Relief. I havent had to use it too often, but it has worked well for me so far.
It hasnt killed the ticks, but I have to admit, it will be easier getting that on them, rather than making them mad by pulling them off.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #8
ravensgait
One thing that should work if you have it is Ivermectin just dab some on the ticks and it'll do them in.. You can get it at most feed and livestock stores.. I don't recall using reptile relief on ticks but it may work.. Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!