New Guinea Crocodiles (Crocodylus novaguineae) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Crocodilians

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 07:15 AM   #1
donny039
New Guinea Crocodiles (Crocodylus novaguineae)

This add is for the pre-offer of New Guinea Crocodiles that I will be receiving soon.

Price & Size still yet to be disclosed.

Crocodiles will most likely range in size from about 1 ft - 1 meter, price will probaly run about $1000.00 - $1500.00 per animal .. this information will be updated when I have it.

The Import is now in the works, once I have sex ratios, size and pricing all figured out, it wont be long until I receive.

There is a limited number of these animals in the USA, 17 or 18 to be exact, this will be my second import of this species and I will only be bringing in a small quanity of these crocodiles.

So if you are seriously interested in receiving this species then I suggest you contact me now as I said there will only be a small quanity coming into the USA and these will most likely be all sold before they actually even arrive in the USA.

Once I have more information together, I will then start taking deposits to secure animals for serious persons.

(picture of a 4ft female novagineae from 2000 import )
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-30-2004, 07:57 PM   #2
reptiledealer
croc

very intrested i keep high end herps and exotic many liscenses please call me 617-332-3631 i am intrested in a small one thanks chris

Old 10-06-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
GATORCHASER
1500- r u crazy

If anybody is serious about buying the guys, let me know. I went to high school in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Port Moresby International High school. Some of my fellow graduates are high officials in the fed govt there including contacts at the customs office. We can put together a much better deal. In fact if any one is crazy enough to want a salt-water croc, I can probably get some of those. I would not recommend the Saltys though. Over 20ft of the meanest monster you have met.

Old 10-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
donny039
Salt Water Crocodiles (C. porosus) are easy to obtain here in the USA already, could get them cheaper here then to import them.

Papa New Guinea does NOT allow "live crocodiles" to be exported out of the country, they havent allowed any crocodiles out since back around 1965, this is the reason New Guinea Crocodiles are so hard to come across.

Only way to get croc's from New Guinea is to smuggle them out !!
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
GATORCHASER
ALWAYS A WAY ARROUND IT

Remember I stated that I went to the "prestigious international school of POMHI" just about every "local" that I went to school with is in some form of govt office or another. Several friends in Parliament. Do not get me wrong- you are 100% correct about the export laws, (same is true for the Bird of Paradise) however they do export or "loan" to "Zoos, etc.".

Besides using contacts through their Govt, only half of the Island of New Guinea is Papua New Guinea. The other half of the Island is Irian Jaya (Indonesia Providence).

This would make it even easier to obtain these guys. There is a opposition movement in Irian Jaya called the "O.P.M." that would be more than happy to export them but I am sure it would be just as easy to obtain them through more traditional Indonesian channels (same as the Bird of Paradise).

While I am taking time to post here- is anyone interested in purchasing a baby 04’ Water Monitor. Is very healthy. I am selling because my outdoor enclosure is better suited for Gators and this guy will need to climb.

Has any one heard any positive or negative feedback on: http://www.diamondreptile.com/
Or their: "DIAMOND CAIMEN" HYBRID YACARE X SPECTACLED CAIMEN C.H.04”

Old 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
donny039
I hear what you are sayin, but ...

Indonesia also law wont allow export of "live crocodiles" .. believe me I checked into everything very good

But hey if you have a connection over there and think you can get the novaguineae's out, im all for it, let me know ... I would rather get them from PNG than from Thailand

As far as animals coming from Australia, yes it has been done legaly, but very big pain and not easy ... I only know of a few facilities that have been successful .... John over at St Augustine Alligator farm & Terry over at Reptile Gardens.

In regards to the hybrid Caimans from Diamond reptiles ... I have heard only good things in regards to them from people who have them.

Mitch who owns Diamond and is a good friend of mine, he tells me they are fantastic.

im not a big fan of hybrids but they are really nice looking Caimans, I would feel secure in buying one if i were you.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-07-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
GATORCHASER
Thumbs up DONNY'S THE MAN WITH THE PLAN

I concede! After further discussion and review it appears that the avenues Donny has are the best bet for any importation in the immediate future. Any one considering these beautiful beasts I suggest you jump. I have seen many of them in person (in some cases accidentally shared their swimming hole, unknowingly)
Once you head up into the mountainside, right outside of Port Moresby, you will find these guys all over. Every once in a while the city would lose power because one would get caught in the turbines at the dam. I have never known anyone to have been attacked in the 5 years I spent there, however there of course are always stories. I kid you not (even though it is not recommended) I have swam in waters where they turned out to be no more than 20ft away. In fact there is a water park built along side the river and every-once in a while one of these guys show up. They pen them up and then at the end of the season they release them (unfortunately a few of them end up as stakes at the local lodge). Would definitely recommend extreme care in the nesting season though. These guys can move.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
donny039
Paul,

In regards to the NG FreshWater Croc's (C. novaguineae).. not (C. porosus).

Did you find this species in the wild to be timid & non-aggresive ?

All of the novaguineae's I received last time are very timid and non-aggresive towards humans

They are quit aggressive towards other crocodiles when placed in elcosures large enough to allow them to establish a territory .. but in smaller more cramped space enclosures they get along quit well.

Also, there is a Northern and Southern form both scientificly named as C. novaguineae ... but in fact the northern form is a differant and un-named species.

The Northern form is said to be named and recognised as its one species very soon.

I was just wondering if you have viewed both forms and I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about them.

If anyone is intersted, St Augustine Alligator farm has a pair of Southern form crocodiles .. as well as 1 male which is the "odd" of Northern form.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #9
donny039
New Guinea Crocodiles

Ok, here is the deal ...

We are exspecting arrival by X-Mas, we will be receiving babies !!

We will only receive a small amount so supply is very limited and will be available on a first come first serve basis.

There are about 12 of these Crocodiles in the USA, including Zoo's, they are VERY RARE!! If you would like to own one of these crocodiles then act today & dont delay!!

Here are your options to purchase a New Guinea Crocodile:
1. Up front purchase at $1,050.00 each including shipping
2. $300 deposit with a $1,000.00 balance dew when they arrive
3. $1,500.00 plus shipping once they arrive in the USA

We exspect all of these crocodiles to be sold before they even arrive in the USA so if you want one and you are serious about getting one then you need to act today !!

I dont have a photo of the babies yet but I will enclose a picture of the adult breeders that the babies are coming from.

The babies are coming from a CITES Registered Facility, this species is CITES Appendix 2 and not listed as a Endangered Species so they can be sold to anyone as long as they are legal in your State & City.

Email me at donny039@yahoo.com

Contact User Check User
Old 02-20-2005, 12:48 AM   #10
Rattler-69
how much $ for porusus and novaguineae - size?
thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread