DTS herps Dan Scolaro - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
RNPreptiles
DTS herps Dan Scolaro

I just purchase a 3 year old honduran milk snake from Dan. Snake arrived exactly as stated and Dan was nice & quick with the emails. However, I didn't like that the snake arrived at 2 pm (95 degrees outside) because it was standard overnight. There was also no insulation inside the box, just packing material, cold pack, and the snake. Thankfully, he is just fine. I can't wait to breed him in the spring.

Nick Puder

Old 07-07-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
RNPreptiles
Dan emailed me saying that he thought styrofoam and a cold pack would be too cold for a honduran milk. I requested the cold pack due to the high temps here.

Nick Puder

Old 07-07-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNPreptiles
Dan emailed me saying that he thought styrofoam and a cold pack would be too cold for a honduran milk. I requested the cold pack due to the high temps here.

Nick Puder
Sounds like he needs to expand his packing knowledge.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
Wilomn
Hey dand, there's a question for you over in the missing persons forum.

And if Dan said he thought he didn't need it, then he probably thought he didn't need it. I doubt that YOU dand, though you do seem to "know" what webby is thinking even before he does of late, know what Dan knows or does not know about shipping.

I don't suppose it occured to you though to ask Dan, no, that would have taken away your ability at a quick on liner shot, wouldn't it.

So, how about you go on over to Missing Persons and answer up dand.

My guess is, and I'm just guessing because UNLIKE you dand, I don't know what other people think, but had there been a problem with that snake, Dan would have either refunded or replaced that snake with no problem.

Dan, IS that what you would have done?

Old 07-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
kmurphy
Quote:
I just purchase a 3 year old honduran milk snake from Dan. Snake arrived exactly as stated and Dan was nice & quick with the emails. However, I didn't like that the snake arrived at 2 pm (95 degrees outside) because it was standard overnight. There was also no insulation inside the box, just packing material, cold pack, and the snake. Thankfully, he is just fine. I can't wait to breed him in the spring.

Nick Puder
I am a little confused. Is this a good guy or bad guy thread? Other than not being in control of when the package arrived it looks like everything is fine with Dan's shipment. He did as you asked, the snake's okay and you're hoping on breeding him in the spring. So would you purchase from Dan again?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #6
romad119
I thinks it is a good guy thread with an IMO on packaging differences between seller/buyer. Though its worded more like a blog.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #7
sixgunsun1177
I see a lot of discussion on his shipping techniques in that one instance, has anyone else dealt with Dan at DTS Herps? He's got some fair prices on his ads right now.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #8
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I bought an adult rough neck monitor from him a couple months back. I'm very happy with her~ she's great!

I also was not happy with the box she arrived in~ but I don't think that was Dan's fault (which is why I did not mention it on the good guy report I made)~ The box was all beat up and looked like hell with softened breaking down sides~ but the monitor was just fine. I suspect Fed-ex beat the snot out of the box and it took the beating rather than the monitor. The box did not have insulation~ but it may have been difficult to find a large enough box to ship her with insulation~ there was a LOT of newspaper in there~ and she did make the trip fine without styro lining.

The monitor is great~ doing well! Thanks Dan!

Old 07-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
ms_terese
Why isn't this in one of the existing threads about Dan Scolaro? Is this a different person?

Good guy thread

Bad guy thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #10
Chameleon Company
Nick,
As voiced by others, the proof is in the pudding, and it arrived OK. My own opinion is that while the shipper needs to be attentive to the requests/concerns of the buyer regarding shipping, it is also the ultimate decision of the shipper as to the exact packaging, as the shipper is guaranteeing all within their TOS. If the animal had arrived DOA or in poor condition, you would have had a claim. However, I would agree that shipping anything for mid-day delivery this time of year without styrofoam insulation is potentially careless, and rather than see how good a supplier is at fixing the claims against them for refunds/replacements, I would be encouraged to seek a different seller in the future if lack of insulation was a concern to me. As always, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
I also disdain cold-packs. If temperature at time of delivery is a concern, especially in all points south, most buyers will agree to having the package shipped to the carriers service center as a "hold for pick-up". Takes heat and hot trucks right out of the equation on anything next-day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread