Bad Guy Alyy White Spindown Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #31
Tballs
If that was the case, how come no husbandry concerns were ever brought up???? Not one question was asked or expressed about the care of the lizards!!! Because it's about money! Not the care! Which is fine but don't act like you were trying to find the best home! This situation didn't have to be! When I said I would give you the $650 you asked for, you should've stated I'm holding out for higher offers! Bottom line! This was at no point a concern of animal well being, just a bid war! Period

Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #32
CMReptiles
So if it was just about money why did she accept a LOWER OFFER OF MONEY? That argument makes no sense honey.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #33
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tballs View Post
If that was the case, how come no husbandry concerns were ever brought up???? Not one question was asked or expressed about the care of the lizards!!! Because it's about money! Not the care! Which is fine but don't act like you were trying to find the best home! This situation didn't have to be! When I said I would give you the $650 you asked for, you should've stated I'm holding out for higher offers! Bottom line! This was at no point a concern of animal well being, just a bid war! Period
I can honestly say I have no clue who she chose to make the sale to, but here's a hypothesis of how things happened. She received a message from you, and was planning to TALK TO YOU OVER THE PHONE about the care you could provide the blueys. In the meantime, someone she knew (either in person or through the internet) expressed interest, and it was someone she trusted implicitly. That person WOULD get priority in my book, especially since no contract or agreement had yet been reached with you.

Again, had she taken a deposit, or agreed and taken the full funds, you may have a case.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #34
SapphireTigress1
Because I was talking to several people and it hadn't come up yet! I do not jump to assumptions...and I like to see how people react to me and get a read on THAT before I ask you about husbandry or experience. Clearly my gut was RIGHT!

You mentioned talking on the phone, I was going to ask you those questions then, before we talked about payment methods or anything else. I like to talk to people over the phone instead of in writing because you can't hear their voice.

Not sure why this has ruined *your* night, to the point where you would come here and try and besmirch my name. I certainly wouldn't do that to you! Please move on.

Have a nice night Terry.

To everyone else, please enjoy your popcorn

Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #35
SapphireTigress1
AGAIN NOT AN AUCTION. I don't DO auctions, nor do I participate in them. Not with live animals.

If all I cared about was money, I wouldn't have rescued a geriatric bulldog, a blind 17 year old corn snake, an aggressively bitey kingsnake, a severely neuro-damaged red tail, and more to come over the next two months! What I do is not a rescue...because that entails rehoming. EVERY single one of these animals comes to me FOR LIFE.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #36
nickolasanastasiou
Terry, you are getting so excited (and combative) over the seller's right to sell to whomever she wishes

-before a full agreement is reached and money is transferred-

that I might start getting concerned if you so much as asked me what time it was.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #37
Tballs
I believe she has the right to sell to whom she chooses at what price she chooses! I also believe I should've been notified that she was still taking offers even though I was paying what she asked for!! Then nobody's time is wasted! That was and is my issue!

Old 09-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #38
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tballs View Post
I believe she has the right to sell to whom she chooses at what price she chooses! I also believe I should've been notified that she was still taking offers even though I was paying what she asked for!! Then nobody's time is wasted! That was and is my issue!
She does not have any obligation to tell you she is talking to other parties who want them just like you do. You are not owed everything she knows.

You were willing to pay what she asked. She had not yet agreed to accept your payment. She had also not yet received your payment. It takes all three of these aspects in combination to have the sale occur. It then takes delivery of the agreed upon animals in advertised condition (and within a mutually acceptable period of time) for the transaction to be complete and wholly satisfactory.

Not all of the above aspects occurred. You lost out. It happens. We do not win them all. One option is to take the missed opportunity with grace. Another is to make an unwarranted "bad guy" BOI thread about it.

Consider this.

You are upset in essence because you lost the opportunity. Had you won the opportunity, another party would have had to lose out on that very same opportunity. Why you? Why not you?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #39
Tballs
Valid points were made by Nickolas. I'm wrong for posting this, I should've calmed down before reacting! There was no wrong done by alyy. I wish I would've known about the considering bids, she has no obligation to me. That's not how I conduct business but everyone has a right to their own. Alyy did give a apology, I should've just accepted it and let it go. Sometimes we have bad days, today's mine! I do apologize for making this post I will remove it if I can.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #40
CMReptiles
Ah ah. There is NO REMOVING THINGS FROM THE BOI. So your shame is here for all to see....it's shameful the admins had to step in to slap your s**t.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
blue tongue skink