I got baby Jacksons!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-26-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
RosterImposter
I got baby Jacksons!!!

Ya, so I come home last night and what I think is a really big dropping (funny, I know) is actually a baby chameleon. I start looking around and I find 3 more!!! At first I thought the male ate the rest, I havent heard of males eating offspring, but figuring it could happen. I look around and I start to get worried, then I look in the feeding bucket. Man, am I glad there was only 1 cricket in there that seemed to be scared to all hell of those baby chameleons. There were a total of 11 babies, all healthy, no still borns, all are good as can be!

Im so happy, the only problem is that I didnt expect her to drop so early. I thought she would drop late june/early july. I havent done all my research, but I know enough to keep them nice and healthy.

I have but one more question, I know what to feed them, I just dont understand the "how" part, how am I suppose to feed these little guys? I was going to throw a culture of fruit flys in their cage, but I really dont want to do that unless it is necessary.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
Congrats! When I had baby jax I usually kepy newborns 5 - 6 to a 10 gallon tank and would put in fruit flies and 1/8" crickets in 3 - 5 times a day until they are about a month old, then Id spilt them into 22 gallon reptariums 3 each and fed them 3 times a day, normally by then they can eat 1/4 - 3/8" crix.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
RosterImposter
Thanks dfr!

I wish I would have known how long she was gravid, I got her as a nongravid female, I thought Id be prepared for this, but I didnt expect it to be a month early.

Ill put up pictures when I get back home from getting pinheads and fruitflies.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Great, I love baby cham pics.

Pin heads maybe too small, see if you can find 1/8".

You can get them online from a few places pretty cheap, if you need some links let me know.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
RosterImposter
Thatd be great, I realized they were too small, so I got the smallest crickets I could. How fast do they usually ship?

Old 05-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
Jenfur427
Can't wait to see pics!

Old 05-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
I use ghann.com for crickets and Josh's Frogs (http://www.joshsfrogs.com/catalog/in...6ef7406c7a2f2e) for fruit flies.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
cliff_f
That is awesome i am so jelous you have baby chams I cant wait till I can breed mine! I can wait to see the pictures!

Old 05-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
Laura Fopiano
Talking Congratulations!!

Something that I used to do was to put the babies in small screen enclosure ( just as Wendy said 10 gallon) make sure they have plenty of vines and leaves, mist the container right before feeding....the prey items sticks to the plant and are easier to catch for neo's. You can also put a peach or banana slice at the bottom of the plant or enclosure, it will draw it's own fruit flies. Mist the cages heavily 4 times a day and feed......and good luck! They are like having an infant around! LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!