Bad Guy UndergroundReptiles GTP's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
CHERI GUNTER
UndergroundReptiles GTP's

I just wanted to warn everyone out there about Underground Reptiles and their GTPs. My husband and I collect GTP's as our own personal hobby. We do not breed to sell and make a profit. My husband purchased (2) GTP's from Underground Reptiles through their web-site. We waited about 4 day's before finally calling them to find out what was going on and they told us they didn't have what we wanted but they had other reptiles to offer. We told them that was fine and asked to see pictures. We waited 2 day's before my husband called back to ask what happened with the pictures since we never recieved any. They then sent us pictures just of 1 male and no females at the time. My husband then called back to try to clarify that we had purchased a male and female. They informed my husband that they had a field captured specimen that had been mixed in with the rest of their "inventory" and had spread a virus throughout the rest of the chondro's! They offered us a male and female of different locales that were supposedly given a clean bill of health from a vet. We accepted and a few weeks later, when weather permitted the GTP's were shipped out. The female was great and just as described. However the male was very aggressive (as are most chondro's) but he wouldn't ever eat. He would attack his prey and run away from it. We waited a while and tried to feed again thinking that he won't eat because of the winter and being in a new enviroment. But he continued to refuse food. Then my husband came home last tuesday (2/15/11) and called me saying that the new male was very weak and sick. So my husband then took the male GTP to the vet. The vet could not figure out what was wrong with the GTP, but he gave him some anti-biotic's and told my husband he would be surprised if he lived much longer. The poor guy passed away that night! My husband contacted Ryan at Underground Reptiles the next day, and he was told that there was nothing they could do for us since it took so long for us to contact him! The reptile obviously had contracted a virus from their facility and now we were stuck with a dead chondro and because it took 3 weeks to die it was our fault??? I just felt if was important to let everyone know to be cautious of buying chondro's from Underground Reptiles, you could end up with a dead snake and a empty wallet!