What should I breed with my albino R.E.S. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
cobain1309
Question What should I breed with my albino R.E.S.

Hello Guy's, I have a 5 year old albino red ear slider possibly het for snow. If possible I would like somone to break down to me what I can breed him with and what I shouldnt breed with him. I have heard so many do's and dont's and some contridicting. Of course I want to breed nice as possible res I can. I want to thank everyone in advance that helps me get a true understaning of this new breeding project of mine.
Thank You & Happy Holiday's
Chris Grisham

Old 12-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Mac's Morphs
Your only to options to have a guarenteed morph outcome would be to bred it to an albino or to breed it to a snow(which a form of albino). The outcome from that breeding would result in all albinos and if it was bred to a snow and you male is proven to be het for snow you will get mostly albinos and a few snows. Anything else you breed it to would produce normal offspring.

If it was proven to be het for snow then you could breed it with a caramel pink but the results would be a whole lot of normal looking turtles and a few caramel pinks.

The first thing to figuring it all out is to understand the morphs. Turtle morphs are not like a lot of the other morphs out there right now(like ball pythons, leopard geckos, ect) as the morphs are still all new to the breeding. Every morph is its own morph and needs to be bred to the same type of morph to get results of any morphs. There are ONLY two exceptions to this rule and that is snow red ear sliders and lubino red ear sliders. Those are what they call a double gene morph or "designer" morph. A snow is actually an albino+caramel pink mixed and thats what a snow shows both characteristics of albino and caramel(pink patternless skin, solid eyes, no patterns of the caramel and then red eyes and white/yellow shell of an albino) And then lubino red ear sliders are albino+"leucistic" from the stories go so again a mix of two different morphs being it shares there genetics.

Basically how it works its this:

albino x albino = albino
hypo x hypo = hypo
caramel x caramel = caramels
hypo translucent x hypo translucent = hypo translucent
ect

then this:

snow(albino caramel pink) x snow(albino caramel pink) = snows
snow x albino or caramel pink = albino or caramel pink (whichever your bred it to)

so basically you need 2 of the same morphs to get any morph babies so with that reasons your only way to produce morphs is to breed to an albino or bred to a snow.

Mitch

Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
cobain1309
Mitch, Thank You very much. And to all thoes out there that dont believe that ther still is good things out there still free. You just got to read it advice.
To play it safe then I am going to look for female albino's and go from there, As to the het for snow the person I got him from is straight up and honest he is in the small club of us that have integrety, But he did not breed him he got from a nother small breeder, So he could be het for snow but not counting on it.
The information to me is invaluable and greatly appreciated and it was exactly what I wanted something I can understand.
Anyone reading this who might have something suitable for breeding to my male albino RES please contact me it will be faster to email me directly cobain1309@att.net Also I am new to RES morph's breeding if you have anything else that might be helpful please reply.
Thank You to all and have safe and happy holiday's
Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!