Anyone have market ranges for Caramel Pink RES adults? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
nickolasanastasiou
Anyone have market ranges for Caramel Pink RES adults?

I pretty much only ever see hatchlings or, at the most, juveniles made available (in my limited public searches, anyway).

I see babies typically fall in the $300 to $600 range, depending on the seller.

Since I am not exactly a slider person on the whole, I am curious about knowing adult market prices for caramel pinks. Among various odds and ends, I have a 5"+ female. In six months to a year, I would think based on observed slider reproductive size minima that she should be breedable. That said, I am not sure it is worth it to breed her versus passing her to someone more invested in sliders and reclaiming my stock tank for the many other things I could use it for.

Slider morph breeders, feel free to chime in with ranges and any other relevant information.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Mac's Morphs
Typically the turtle will need to be 3-4 years old to breed and 7" plus. If its the female I sold you she will need atleast one entire year before breeding, maybe 2 so breeding season of 2014 or 2015. There is not set prices or anything on adult or sub-adult caramels and most people breed them or sell them to friends so never get onto the market. I have seen proven breeder 7.5''-8.5" females sell for $2500-$3000 and then much less for smaller non proven breeders. Typically $1000-$1750 for 5"-6.5" females if they are perfect and less if split scutes or whatnot. Males tend to be much cheaper, between $$500-800 for 4.5"+ males.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
Thanks for the information.

I have decided to keep her back to breed and sell any offspring, as she is now just over 6" scl (and growing quickly; should be 7" or a bit more by April at this rate) and I have a young adult male to mate with her. I have had other RES occasionally lay when as small as 6", but most started in the 7-8" range (I would imagine no difference for color morphs).

Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
Mac's Morphs
I have had 1 female lay at 6.25" but she is also 4 years old and then another turtle last at 2.5 years old and 7". I've notices the average is a combination of 3-4 years old and 7"+. I have had females not lay until 7-8 years old though as well lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!