MnR Reptiles (Michael Barerra) Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:48 PM   #1
Jason Kuta
Question MnR Reptiles (Michael Barerra) Inquiry

We did a search and found a few good guy posts about Mike that are a little dated.

We just wanted to see if anyone has had a more recent experience with MnR Reptiles. Good / Bad?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Jason & Lori Kuta
1-866-584-7570

Old 03-25-2004, 04:00 AM   #2
Destrega
yeah I want to know the same thing I am thinking about buying a boa from him and am wondering if we are talking about the same guy thanks for any help this is the site http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=2053416

Old 03-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #3
silvano_06095
I bought a pair of honduran milk snakes from MNR Reptiles this past December. I have absolutely no complaints about the service or the animals. Both animals were obviously well taken care of, and of excellent weight.
I just dug out the box they were shipped in, and they had insulation, padding, and a heat pack in the box.
I would do business with Michael Barrera again, without a second thought.

Happy Buying!

Old 03-25-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Quammee
Thumbs up Thumbs Up

I have bought a bunch of pastels and a pair of albino red eared sliders from him starting about 6 months ago. Great service and great animals. After my first order, I would call him periodically to purchase more animals from time to time and he remembered me. Because of that, he'd offer discounts than what he posted them for on the internet. Again, great guy and excellent animals.

Anita Quon

Old 03-26-2004, 04:00 AM   #5
zebeck
MnR, not sure about snakes but...

Excellent with turtles.
I'm not a snake guy but i can tell you about my limited experience with MnR regarding turtles.

I placed an order with Mike last fall (2003).
He had some turltes I was curious about, a species whose taxonomy is confused to say the least. I had recently become interested in this species and since its hard to distinguish amongst the geographiocal variations and subspecies (and since i am a pain in the a**)i asked him all sorts of questions. I must have emailed five or six times before sending a dime and he replied to all of my queries. I may well have looked like someone who had no intention of buying anything. He was honest about the details; it would have been obviosu to me if he weren't.

In the end I ordered some and then even changed my order twice.
He was very cool about it and even charged me a lower price after dropping the price in his ads despite that we had already arranged that i woud pay the greater price (this may have been an accident but he didn't care when i mentioned it).

The animals arrived in a very timely manner and he was careful to fulfil my complicated shipping needs. The turtles were packed professionally and were as healthy as reported.

The experience was excellent.

Since then i have had opportunity to read some of his forum posts and find him knowledgeable about a wide range of turtle-related subjects.

As a businessman he gets the bets rating possible given our limited transactions.

-rob zebeck

Old 03-28-2004, 06:20 PM   #6
clperk
is this the same name of a person charge with illegal importing of animals? I think i saw this name in new paper articles from my readings online....

Old 03-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #7
Damon Theis
MnR

I got a male bp from him last summer.
The wrong male was accidentally shipped to me. MnR was A1 about handling the mistake.
I wound up keeping the snake for the cost of shipping.
Very Professional.

Damon Theis
Crown Point, Indiana

Old 12-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #8
Tortoiselov
Great Guy :)

I just got a male red foot tortoise from Mike Barrera and he is beautiful, looks great, great guy to do business with

Old 12-14-2004, 08:47 PM   #9
Ballroom
Good Guy

I have had the pleasure of doing business with Michael on numerous occasions. All of our transactions have worked out to be mutually beneficial to both of us. I look forward to much more business with Michael in the future.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:22 PM   #10
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by clperk
is this the same name of a person charge with illegal importing of animals? I think i saw this name in new paper articles from my readings online....
Yes it is the same name.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!