Info Jerry Swartz, The Productive Roach - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
pssh
Jerry Swartz, The Productive Roach

Just posting some info.

I ordered two pounds of hornworm chow from him a few weeks ago. It was shipped very quickly however the bags had split open during transit. This wasn't a huge deal to me, so I did not inform him of this. I was overall satisfied with his service.

My boyfriend and I ordered 800 dubia roaches which were received on Wednesday, November 24. We got all 800 and a few were dead. We received mostly small (<1/2") roaches in the order, but we aren't that picky about it as I usually prefer to just let it go unless there is what I consider a bigger misunderstanding. In a previous ad it had just said that there were a lot of large ones so his counts were "instant colonies." This ad has since been deleted so I am not able to directly quote from it.

Today I noticed this post in his ad in the feeder classifieds section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by music View Post
I would suggest you look into comparing my prices,with other quality breeder prices.and my orders are not babies . My orders are large nymphs ready to turn to adults,and with a termendus overcount.my costomers are pleased with the quality,and how large the nymphs are.A good 85-90% of the counts are ready to turn within the a week,and many people have gotten back to me saying,within 2-3days they had turned to adults.So what I would say compare all this with all the other roach breeders.When you compare you will see there is no greed in any of my prices.thank you jerry swartz
This post made me realize that he had not given us what he is telling other customers to expect. I do not think that we were specifically singled out, but I also do not think it is right for him to blatantly say that they would contain 85-90% large nymphs when an order just a week ago received very few larges AND say that previous customers were pleased with how large the nymphs are(I assume he means in general.) This gives us the impression that he has always included 85-90% large nymphs in orders and did not in ours. And while we would not normally expect a large number of large roaches in my order, we were thinking that "a lot" would be included. While the term "a lot" is subjective, from what I have seen and experienced, the term "a lot" does not mean 10% or less of the order. Only two of our roaches have molted into adults in the 6 days we have had them.

I'm not looking for a refund or a replacement. I am just making this thread to inform people of my experience with Jerry.

Thank you,
Kara

Old 12-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
music
I am just responding to this message.I have sent a pm to this person,and requested for them to count out the larger ones,and they will see the larger ones consist of the 800 count.and any of the smaller ones are a part of the overcount.And they would see they were treated more than fair.And I would like to know why I was not contacted,I cannot read minds.I also encouraged to take honest picture and put them up.The original counts aRE NOT NEWBORNS.I spoke that I expect all costomers to get back to me if there are any issues.2-3weeks is not exceptable.There is no reason for anybody to post remarks about anybody else unless they have responded back to the seller first.They know they have been treated more than fair

Old 12-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
suzuki4life
85% of a 800 unit order is 680 units.

Buyer has clearly stated that MOST ("mostly small") of the order (which literally means over 50%) were smaller than 1/2".

So unless if you gave a 50%+ overcount (ie: 400+ extra roaches), it would be impossible for both statements to be true.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
pssh
I have counted less than 100 large (i consider large 1 1/4"+, and even with 3/4-1" roaches it was not more than 180 or so) roaches. I will post pictures as soon as I can. I didn't contact you because I was unaware that my order was supposed to consist of 85-90% larges AND I, again, am not really expecting you to send any more. I don't really care that much, but it was suggested I make a thread for other curious buyers.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
smilts
I must ask were you told that you would receive 85-90% large nymphs? I ask because you say you were unaware that it should have. A lot and 85-90% are two different things.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilts View Post
I must ask were you told that you would receive 85-90% large nymphs? I ask because you say you were unaware that it should have. A lot and 85-90% are two different things.
read the quote, it is the same info they keep reposting in their ads.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
pssh
Regardless now, he says that we should have received 800 larges, which we did not.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
smilts
I read the quote as well as the first post where it is stated that in a previous deleted ad it just said a lot.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
pssh
Yes it did. And I am fine with what I got. I have no problem with any of this, I was just posting what happened and my thoughts on it. There is nothing to settle.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
music
For one I should have been contacted if there was a problem.two it is none of garys buisness.three gary is doing nothing, but harrasing.I am out of this crying session.As you can all see there is none of these people,even being professional.Just so you all know,I cannot read minds.NOBODY CONTACTED ME WITH A PROBLEM! this has turned into nothing but a big cring session of stupidity,You are all showing that you are not professional enough to even deal with,GROW UP! say all that you all want, prove to be the babies that you are.Remember be professional and things will work to your advantage.thank you jerry swartz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!