what do 2 supers make - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
bear
Use a Marron boa

Old 12-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #12
allreptiles1966
So if i take a possible super and it is a super,breed it to 1 of my 100% het albino's,the babies wil be albino's,sunglow's and hypo het albino's with no het albino's in the litter?
Whats a marron boa?I'm assuming thats what you have bear?lol.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #13
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
So if i take a possible super and it is a super,breed it to 1 of my 100% het albino's,the babies wil be albino's,sunglow's and hypo het albino's with no het albino's in the litter?.
No.
If you breed a super sunglow to a het albino, you will get sunglows and DH sunglows....there won't be any regular albinos because all of the babies will be hypos. If it turns out NOT to be super, you will get sunglows, DH sunglows, albinos, and het albinos.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #14
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
the benefit of a super is that it produces all hypo offspring when bred to a normal.
A super will produce all hypo offspring regardless of whether it is bred to a normal. (I know what you meant....but still)

Old 12-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
allreptiles1966
Thank you Harald. Thats a great thing then.I cant wait to prove these sunglow's then.
Will there be a 50/50 ratio? About?
I wasnt really looking to breed to a normal to prove out.I like the idea of using 1 of my het albinos to try and prove out the super.At least if they dont prove out,i still get what i get usually have in my litters.If they prove out i'll have all dh's and sunglows.Better litter!
Thanks everyone,you have been a great help!!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #16
AbsoluteApril
what do you mean by 50/50 ratio? from what pairing?

Quote:
Whats a marron boa?I'm assuming thats what you have bear?lol.
those came out when I stopped paying so much attention to boa morphs. It was 'established' overseas (snakeline.net in Europe website: http://www.marron-boa.com/ ) and a few people imported them to prove out over here. beleived to be a co-dom mutation with a super form, they appear like high colored pastels, kind of like a blood boa IMO. I remember Gray of All Boas imported some, here are some photos from his site. I think the supers have solid black eyes.

http://www.allboas.com/collection.php?gal=28
one of Gray's supers:

super and marron, photo I believe is from Boas by Klevitz but it may originally be owned by snakeline.net

Old 12-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
allreptiles1966
Harald said that using a super sunglow to a het albino would give me sunglows and dh's.
So i was wondering if that means about half the litter would be sunglows and half dh's.
I like those boa's April.Where do you get them?? Expensive?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Harald said that using a super sunglow to a het albino would give me sunglows and dh's.
So i was wondering if that means about half the litter would be sunglows and half dh's.
Ahh! I got you, yes you would expect it to be a 50/50 split.

Quote:
I like those boa's April.Where do you get them?? Expensive?
Gray has some on his site available, he's got the marrons listed just over 5K. I cannot remember off hand who else imported them though, sorry.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
allreptiles1966
Why is it when i see something that really impresses me(like the snake pete kahl has around his neck) they are very costly?Oh well,the prices will go down some day and maybe i can afford 1.i'm sure the hets will be costly also.
Thanks April.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #20
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
.i'm sure the hets will be costly also.
(that is the price for the hets)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!