Inquiry Ben Seigel Reptiles (Inquiry only) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
The Dark Grove
Ben Seigel Reptiles (Inquiry only)

I'm thinking of selling some of my animals to this company. They would like me to send the animals first and then pay me after a 2 day period to check on the health which I understand. My question is has anybody had any issues in doing this and is this normal in selling animals directly to a reptile business? Personally I've never mailed off an animal until I receive payment and I've never had anybody send me an animal first without payment. So this is just an inquiry.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
riverboy
I've never had a problem getting paid immediately by Ben.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Get Sum
Selling to Ben

I am actually dropping off about 2 dozen animals (Balls) to him today. I know him, have known him for 10 years. He knows the quality of my animals and what to expect. I sent him a list...He gave me a price- Done.

Your situation is a little different, He may not know you nor has he ever seen some examples of your animals. If I were in ben's shoes, I would do the same. If your animals are healthy and are what you say they are...I'm quite certain he will pay you ASAP. (I would not be concerned about payment). In order to protect Ben, he needs to examine your animals to make certain they are healthy and well cared for before he assumes responsibility for them and re-sells them to other customers.

This is standard practice. If you contact LLL Reptile, they also purchase animals. They expect you to tell them what you have, send pictures, Tell them what you want for them and if they are interested...You then send the animals and wait about a week for a check assuming all goes well. that is to much of a hassle for me if I am selling animals at wholesale. Stick with Ben, you will make out fine!

Old 12-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
The Dark Grove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum View Post

Your situation is a little different, He may not know you nor has he ever seen some examples of your animals. If I were in ben's shoes, I would do the same. If your animals are healthy and are what you say they are...I'm quite certain he will pay you ASAP. (I would not be concerned about payment). In order to protect Ben, he needs to examine your animals to make certain they are healthy and well cared for before he assumes responsibility for them and re-sells them to other customers.
That helps. Normally I just sell my animals locally with no fan fare and make enough to pour more $$$ into my hobby. That's all this is to me and not a business but I've never sold entire litters to an actual business. I've read numerous times on these forums over the decade or so I've been a member on how people get burned and really don't want to be in that position. A hobby is supposed to be stress free.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
FireStorm
I have sold to Ben, and have always had smooth transactions. Also, I have dealt with other wholesale buyers that have a similar policy so it isn't anything unusual.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
whimpyguns
never sold to ben, but purchased hatchling het albino females years ago. they All proved out, producing nice clutches with lots of albinos. transaction was flawless. I would do business with him with confidence.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Casey Hulse
I have dealt with Ben, traded, bought and sold, and have always had a great experience. I would not hesitate to ship him anything. Take care.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
TeguBuzz
Well, all the above have said it already and I'll say it again. I would not hesitate to do business with Ben, and trust him fully. Best of luck!

Old 12-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
Tim Cole
Thumbs up

I've never sold to Ben but have bought from him and visited his shop a couple of times. No problems with the animals and his shop was immaculate on both visits! I would highly recommend him.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
treeboa
Done a lot of business with Ben over the years, buying selling and a couple trades, never a problem. Rock solid businessman and all around great dude!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!