Inquiry Tim Campbell, Chino CA. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
Big Time Reptiles
Tim Campbell, Chino CA.

Tim Campbell has several ads up here on FC and on KS~I'm interested in his female rhino iguana he has advertised for $800 Shipped.

Any info on him would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
tileslave
Hello, I'm Robert Brians(tileslave on here),
I purchased a pair of Rhino Iguanas on November 23,2013 for $1650. I met with Tim Campbell after we Closed up our booth at the Costa Mesa Repticon Show. He told me that the female was very aggressive and mean as hell. Sunday I took her out and allowed my son to hold her. she was very docile and not at all how this guy explained her. I was concerned and talked with a few other breeders at the show and scheduled her for a check up with the vet Monday morning. The morning of November 25 I woke and went to load her up to go to the vet and she was dead! I had a necropsy done on her to find she was gravid and eggbound. I would greatly appreciate any information on this guy. He answers my calls when they come up private, then quickly hangs up on me. I have found that his name is not Tim Campbell and that he is a flipper of animals! my email is 1tileslave@gmail.com please any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you very much, Robert Brians

Old 01-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
Big Time Reptiles
Robert, THANK YOU for your quick reply~Very Sorry to here about the Rhino!

If his name is not Tim Campbell, I'd post his other name here on the BOI.

I won't be dealing with him!

Again THANK YOU!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
I will try to urge another person who has suffered at his hands to come forward.

I can say I have advised several current and past customers to avoid this individual and for good reason.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I will try to urge another person who has suffered at his hands to come forward.

I can say I have advised several current and past customers to avoid this individual and for good reason.
Nick,

Everyone needs to know about this character.

THANK YOU for your input!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
I have seen him advertising underdeveloped (basically hypogonadal) male ivory sulcatas expressly stated to be females (sometimes as part of a "pair"). Also, the "marketing" of regular sulcatas tends to include some nonsense about how they have been living in the yard for years when they were recently acquired for flipping. I am not opposed to resales. I resell as I juggle my own collection. It is simply nice to have truth in advertising. Heck, a seller could just say nothing instead of fabricating some backstory to make them seem loved family pets or whatever, as even that would be acceptable (truthful).

I sent a message to one person who had a bad deal to share his experience here. I hope he does.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #7
LauraB
Robert and Nick .. more info is needed, only to further expose this guy, not to dispute your bad experience or observations.

Robert, any clue what his real name is? What's his phone number? Email addy?

Nick, was he advertising only at the other site? And under what name?

Old 01-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Just doing a quick check and found his ads on many sites.

email accounts

redstar300@yahoo.com
dearstar789@yahoo.com

Listed his name as Mike on many ads on other sites dating back to 2002 under the dearstar789@yahoo.com email.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 AM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
Laura, I mainly notice him on Kingsnake. Sometimes elsewhere. Mainly as Tim. Sometimes other names. He uses several.

Another email address:

kaimanj@yahoo.com

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-77365.html

Here is his profile on this site.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=126221

Telling visitor messages.

I really hope the gentleman I notified shares his account.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #10
LauraB
Thanks, Dennis. Great info!

Um ... I think I'd pass. Not saying the guy's a scammer or thief ... just dubious with no history, multiple names, email addresses, etc.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chung umg, mike qiang, mike zhang, tim campbell, xiao zhang