Update on the rescue - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
melindaste
Update on the rescue

We went to the vet this morning, did a fecal it was a really small amount and it showed no parasites, she wants another one in a week, we are hoping it is bigger. She want me to cont with the baby food and pedialite, he will a few greens but really likes the baby food, she not to worry for let him eat that to get him stronger and some weight on him then slowly work in the green. As far as the back legs she says there is no impaction it seems he is just to weak to stand on them, in a week he goes back and she wants me to excersize the back legs a few times a day. She thinks if he conts to eat he should make a full recovery. Here is hoping for a bigger stool sample.

Here is a pic you can just how skinny he is, he only weighs 74 grams and that is after a few days of baby food and some water.. He was very stressed with the trip then taking him outside to get good pics and some good sun.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello Melinda,

Oh he looks like he is enjoying being outside though. Good that he is eating as well. Keep up with the babyfood & try to get some greens in there too, as the fiber is good for him.
At least there doesn't seem to be any impaction present. I agree, it is most likely weakness due to improper care prior to you getting him.
I hope he continues to get better now. I am happy he had no parasites though, too.

Tracie

Old 04-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Beardiepal
Swimming

Just a thought. Because his body will be lighter in water maybe he wll try to swim a little if you put a little more water in. And of course watch him to see how he does. Maybe that would give him some good exercise or help him to use those back legs more. Take care Beth

Old 04-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
melindaste
That is what I always do with my others , when I did it with him is when i really noticed the back legs had a problem. He loves the water and splashes around alot. He always keep them just like they are in the pic when I tried to stand him up on them there is nothing there to hold him, they got right back to the same postion. He can move them but not stand on them. I hope in time they get stronger.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!